At release

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

At release

Postby jere » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:58 am

So this is probably a silly question, but I have always bought the disk copy and had to run an install. This year I am going to do the digital install. Do I need to do a predownload of anything before launch? Everything I have read seems to indicated the transition will be seamless and doesn't mention installing anything, but that makes me wonder what a disk copy would even give someone if there is nothing to install for release.
jere

Re: At release

Postby Worldie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:14 pm

If you have the digital copy, it has downloaded already what you need, it's in game files already.

I believe there's a file called Expansion4.MPQ that tells you if the content is downloaded.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby jere » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:22 pm

Thanks! I'll go look for it.
jere

Postby bldavis » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:36 pm

if you have 5.0.4 installed, you should have all the MoP files already

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby jere » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:17 pm

Out of curiosity then, what does the hard copy give you if all the files are installed with 5.0.4? It would seem odd to provide an empty disk (not that I would put it past them, but just curious mostly).
jere

Postby Treck » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:20 pm

Nothing except for the ability to restore wow to 5.0.4 from your disks without having to redownload anything.
Treck

Postby Teranoid » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:01 pm

Edit: nevermind my brother is retarded ignore this
Last edited by Teranoid on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teranoid

Postby Worldie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:31 pm

I'm curious to find out what bug people are exploiting, there's already several 81s around.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Esilence » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:46 pm

Worldie wrote:I'm curious to find out what bug people are exploiting, there's already several 81s around.

If you mean level 81 Monks, it's because Blizzard allowed recruit a friend to work with Monks. So the speed runners have all just granted raf levels to themselves.
Eteyin - Resto Shaman
Esilence - Prot Pally
EU-Wildhammer
Esilence

Postby Worldie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:51 pm

That still doesnt make sense, you can only grant up to level 80 with Raf.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Esilence » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:56 pm

Worldie wrote:That still doesnt make sense, you can only grant up to level 80 with Raf.

A granted RAF level leaves you with the same % exp to complete the next level, so they would have leveled to 95-99% of level 1, granted all the levels, leaving them almost nothing from level 81, which is an easy few quests.
Eteyin - Resto Shaman
Esilence - Prot Pally
EU-Wildhammer
Esilence

Postby Worldie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Nice trick.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby jere » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:44 pm

Especially if you have 25 dailies waiting to turn in at launch.
jere

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:27 pm

Doing a system reinstall soon, whats the quickest way for me to reinstall, given Ive got the original media for Vanilla, BC and possibly LK?

Install all the CD media first then go online, or install minimum and download everything else in 1 hit?
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:39 pm

This is just my opinion, I can't really back it up with any times or anything, but if you don't have the Cata discs, I would just download it from battle.net. That might be dependent on the quality of your internet connection though.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to General