CRZ goodies...

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby mavfin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:09 am

KysenMurrin wrote:It's just about adjusting. We've spent years having zones practically to ourselves, which wasn't intended, and now they're putting them back to the levels of activity they're meant to have. All that stuff about nodes, mobs, etc? The empty zone with everything to yourself was the broken state.

This, 1000x.

People, including many on here, have complained for years about empty zones. Blizzard fills them, and what do they get? QQ, of course. Business as usual for this playerbase.

As Kysen mentions, the empty zone that you had to yourself all the time was the broken thing.

([opinion])I think this is actually the first step down the road to 'no realms'. When they get this perfected, we'll have a PvP world, a PvE/Normal world, an RP-PvP world, and an RP-Normal/PvE world that you share with the population of your region on a zone-by-zone basis, merging/splitting zones as needed. This is just the first painful step.

I also think that AH changes of some kind are down the road, but, exactly what those may be I don't know yet. I think they'll move away from the realm-only one, and might even merge horde/alliance AH.(/opinion)
--Mav
mavfin

Postby halabar » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:47 am

Darielle wrote:You find it much more believable that they have a conspiracy based around lying about an entire motivation, as opposed to them doing something about something they previously didn't have a plan on doing anything with?

Who's the nut that's making this that I'm coming up with some dark conspiracy here?

I'm simply looking at what they are doing, and it doesn't make a lot of sense unless it's in a virtualized server environment. Why is it so hard to fathom that they made an architectural change that allows them to make a change like this?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:52 am

mavfin wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:It's just about adjusting. We've spent years having zones practically to ourselves, which wasn't intended, and now they're putting them back to the levels of activity they're meant to have. All that stuff about nodes, mobs, etc? The empty zone with everything to yourself was the broken state.

This, 1000x.

People, including many on here, have complained for years about empty zones. Blizzard fills them, and what do they get? QQ, of course. Business as usual for this playerbase.

It's too be expected. You give the playerbase a "broken" environment for long enough, and they adapt to it. When if finally changes, of course people are going to be upset with some effects of the change.

So now you see more people in Ungoro than you do in Ironforge. Yep, working as intended.

halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:09 am

halabar wrote:
Darielle wrote:You find it much more believable that they have a conspiracy based around lying about an entire motivation, as opposed to them doing something about something they previously didn't have a plan on doing anything with?

Who's the nut that's making this that I'm coming up with some dark conspiracy here?

I'm simply looking at what they are doing, and it doesn't make a lot of sense unless it's in a virtualized server environment. Why is it so hard to fathom that they made an architectural change that allows them to make a change like this?

But you're making the jump from how they did it to why they did it.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby bldavis » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:12 am

halabar wrote:
mavfin wrote:

This, 1000x.

It's too be expected. You give the playerbase a "broken" environment for long enough, and they adapt to it. When if finally changes, of course people are going to be upset with some effects of the change.

So now you see more people in Ungoro than you do in Ironforge. Yep, working as intended.

honestly how many ppl do you see in an cuty beyond Ogr/SW anyway?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby mavfin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:22 am

bldavis wrote:honestly how many ppl do you see in an cuty beyond Ogr/SW anyway?

Interestingly enough, you see more in Shatt/Dalaran than in the old world cities anymore, since they're combining those cities, but not the old-world ones.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:29 am

halabar wrote:CRZ-AH would be an utter disaster.

If they did that..

1) The AH would be ruled by those that camp the AH 24-7, and there would be little chance for profit ever.
2) Gathering would be worthless, as the botters would always have the price down at the lowest possible.
3) Finding deals on rare items would be very hard, as they would be gone instantly because of scan-bots.

You don't want to go there.

i dunno, this sounds pretty great to me
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Worldie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:07 am

A cross realm AH doesn't have to include all the realms. I was talking specifically to low pop realm. Combining 4-5 low pop realm so their AH matches the one of a Full realm would only do good to them.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:39 am

Sabindeus wrote:

If they did that..

1) The AH would be ruled by those that camp the AH 24-7, and there would be little chance for profit ever.
2) Gathering would be worthless, as the botters would always have the price down at the lowest possible.
3) Finding deals on rare items would be very hard, as they would be gone instantly because of scan-bots.

You really want to surrender the AH to the 24/7 botters?

halabar

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:55 am

halabar wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

If they did that..

You really want to surrender the AH to the 24/7 botters?

Two responses, one flippant the other serious:

1. Dude I want to BE one of the botters

2. Here's what I use the AH for:
- Raw mats to level my blacksmithing
- Item enhancements (gems, scrolls, leg kits, etc.)
So a price race to the bottom is exactly what I want to see on the AH.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby halabar » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:23 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Two responses, one flippant the other serious:

So for #2, you really don't care where it comes from, as long as it's cheap, or that your fellow guildies can't make any money except by doing dailies?

For #1, do a search for certain German websites. You'll find it eventually. :wink:

halabar

Postby bldavis » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:34 pm

halabar wrote:

So for #2, you really don't care where it comes from, as long as it's cheap, or that your fellow guildies can't make any money except by doing dailies?

For #1, do a search for certain German websites. You'll find it eventually. :wink:

that is why i gather most of my own mats, and have an army of crafters
if a guildie is an AH baron ON A DEAD SERVER, they arent making that much money anyway

htough as a scribe on Terenas, i wouldnt mind seeing the glyph market drop a little
250g+ for each and every fucking glyph is ridiculous.
and if you try to get into the market, you are INSTANTLY undercut

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby halabar » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:08 pm

bldavis wrote:htough as a scribe on Terenas, i wouldnt mind seeing the glyph market drop a little
250g+ for each and every fucking glyph is ridiculous.
and if you try to get into the market, you are INSTANTLY undercut

Those be bots (or day-campers, or both).

halabar

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:17 pm

halabar wrote:

Wtf is a guildie? They all stopped playing WoW in March 2011.
Sabindeus

Postby halabar » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:57 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Wtf is a guildie? They all stopped playing WoW in March 2011.

You know all those group of players that Worldie breaks up?.. them.

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General