Remove Advertisements

Going for Realm Firsts

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Going for Realm Firsts

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:00 am

Wish I'd started looking at TB dailies sooner. I think I've seen The Hole as the open dungeon only once in the entire length of Cataclysm. This weekend, it's all D-Block.

In other news, stuff in Townlong Steppes hits hard. Taking more damage, getting riskier to pull multiples.

One of the rare spawns I found in Krasarang also appears in Townlong, in the Ambermarsh, as a level 89 this time.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:58 am

Defeated Sha of Hatred at only 66% of level 88, the quest person there obviously has a Dread Wastes quest I can't accept yet. There are other hubs, though, they just don't have breadcrumbs off the main line. One quite close to the last hub in the Sha of Hatred chain. Might actually stil run out of quests, though... Having skipped forward at 86 and 87, I think that might prove to be the wrong move.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Zalaria » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:09 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Wish I'd started looking at TB dailies sooner. I think I've seen The Hole as the open dungeon only once in the entire length of Cataclysm. This weekend, it's all D-Block.

In other news, stuff in Townlong Steppes hits hard. Taking more damage, getting riskier to pull multiples.

One of the rare spawns I found in Krasarang also appears in Townlong, in the Ambermarsh, as a level 89 this time.

Just in case you don't know, the TB dungeon re-rolls after every battle. Check it every time your side wins, you might get lucky and have a new one.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:47 am

Yeah, I've been checking regularly.

Jst popping back to say that Niuzao temple is horrible at level 88. All the mantid mobs are level 90, it's hard to only pull one at a time, and they hit hard. I'm going to try to avoid it on live, but with the way XP has gone... I don't think there are enough quests in Townlong for 88-89 without questing there. Need to spend more time in earlier zones.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:50 am

Finally got The Hole. I'm now at 22 dailies, because I didn't get all the TB Peninsula ones. Suggestions? Should I grab 3 from the Molten Front?

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:56 am

I'm filling my open quests with Molten Front and going to use the TB tabard.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby daishan » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:02 am

Get the SW fishing and cooking dailies, couple of free prof levels as well as XP.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:56 am

Yeah, those are included in the 22.

Good news on the questing front: With guild bonus, I'm 100% sure you can get from just-dinged 89 to 90 in the Dread Wastes.
Townlong is the problem - All the other zones can give you a full level (counting KW and Vot4W as one), with the early zones allowing you extra. I suggest staying in Vot4W/Krasarang until you've got about 1/3rd into 87. Don't skip out of Kun Lai until you've finished the quests, and you should easily ding 89 in Townlong.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:11 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Yeah, those are included in the 22.

Good news on the questing front: With guild bonus, I'm 100% sure you can get from just-dinged 89 to 90 in the Dread Wastes.
Townlong is the problem - All the other zones can give you a full level (counting KW and Vot4W as one), with the early zones allowing you extra. I suggest staying in Vot4W/Krasarang until you've got about 1/3rd into 87. Don't skip out of Kun Lai until you've finished the quests, and you should easily ding 89 in Townlong.

Yea...that's what I was planning on was doing almost all of Vot4W and probably half of Krasarang before moving to complete almost all of Kun Lai.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:13 am

TBH I think doing all of Krasarang will be more efficient than all of Vot4W.

Hmm. The level 89 lead-in to Dread Wastes from Kun Lai gives you the flight path free, but the one from Townlong doesn't...

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nooska » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:58 am

Yeah, thats a big issue I encountered as well- very inefficient, and pretty dangerous to get down there.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:15 pm

Which places can you pick it up from in Kun Lai? I never saw a place in Townlong that'd be useful to set hearth in, could ding 89 (finish quests), hearth, get KL version of quest, then take the flight...

Right now I'm on my way to grab a parachute so I can skip the balloon ride into Zouchin province in Kun Lai. Small thing, but...

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:20 pm

It launched 8 minutes early!

I'm now stuck in a helicopter that won't leave!

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Newsom » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:00 pm

Been an hour now and I still can't play. >.<
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:01 am

I'm still ahead, but I've fucked this up badly. On the quests in Kun Lai in the tombs, where you talk to Cho via an item that summons him, one quest seemed bugged so I abandoned... and it deleted the item. It's impossible to get it back. A whole chain got locked out. And now I've run out of quests in Townlong.

I'm at 1% less xp than I was on beta wen I ran out.

Edit: Managed the temple quests in Townlong, though it was painful. Still 2 bars short, so picknig up scraps I left behind. Still 95%.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to General