Remove Advertisements

Relationships

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Relationships

Postby Levantine » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:21 pm

Aww man, I'm so happy for you Kat. That dress is beautiful and you got to make Nika feel short~
User avatar
Levantine
 
Posts: 10817
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NQ, Aus

Re: Relationships

Postby Passionario » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:01 am

katraya wrote:Birthday smirthday, I got married.


Congratulations! :D
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
User avatar
Passionario
 
Posts: 3350
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:52 am

Re: Relationships

Postby Barathorn » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:02 am

Congratulations Kat, I am very happy for you. Nice pictures of you all!
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
User avatar
Barathorn
Moderator
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:08 am
Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Re: Relationships

Postby JoeBravo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:00 am

datingsites can go diaf. I hate them.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:19 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Relationships

Postby Aubade » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:38 pm

So I quit smoking today. I told many friends/family that I was going to quit today. Why did none of them tell me how fucking bad my head was gonna hurt?!

This.

Sucks.

Balls.
Image
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
User avatar
Aubade
Moderator
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: Relationships

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:03 pm

Congrats to all (weddings, birthdays, smoke quitting)

@Aubade: How many of them were previous smokers that have quit? Of those, how long ago was it they quit and is there a chance they forgot about it?

I'd imagine it's a lot like breaking yourself from caffeine though... you'll get headaches for a bit until your body starts to adjust to the change, then they'll go away.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Relationships

Postby Aubade » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:52 pm

Skye1013 wrote:Congrats to all (weddings, birthdays, smoke quitting)

@Aubade: How many of them were previous smokers that have quit? Of those, how long ago was it they quit and is there a chance they forgot about it?

I'd imagine it's a lot like breaking yourself from caffeine though... you'll get headaches for a bit until your body starts to adjust to the change, then they'll go away.


Hmm I don't know. I embrace my Caffeine addiction.

The best way I can describe it, now 24 hours off Nicotene is this.

I want a cigarette..bad. Reallllly realllly bad. I'm making sure not to leave myself alone because if I'm alone I'll probably cave and go get a cigarette. I have a terrible pounding Headache (Despite the Ibuprofen I took earlier) and I know it will go right away if I just go have a cigarette..... Luckily My girlfriend is being extremely supportive so that's helping =]

I do know once you pass the 3 day mark, there's no more phyisical addiction. And it just is all mental from that point on, so I'm just egging myself on to that point.
Image
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
User avatar
Aubade
Moderator
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: Relationships

Postby Arnock » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:54 pm

Have you tried/considered nicotine patches or lozenges?

My Grandpa was a 50+ year smoker when he quit, and he used the lozenges.
Image
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
User avatar
Arnock
 
Posts: 3657
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: Everywhere and nowhere

Re: Relationships

Postby Brekkie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:54 pm

So my orders may still change, but as of right now I am scheduled to be headed to Berlin, Germany for my next year of duty.

Time to start brushing up on mein Deutsch.
Theckhd wrote:big numbers are the in-game way of expressing that Brekkie's penis is huge.
Brekkie
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:44 pm

Re: Relationships

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:55 pm

Sounds fun. At this point it looks like I'm going to have to suffer through 3 years in Hawaii.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Relationships

Postby tinalt » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:18 am

Brekkie wrote:So my orders may still change, but as of right now I am scheduled to be headed to Berlin, Germany for my next year of duty.

Time to start brushing up on mein Deutsch.


These phrases got me through 3 years in K-town. Berlin is far less Americanized then Kaiserslautern though, so you may want to study more than I did.

Ein bier bitte - beer please

Wo ist die toilette - where's the bathroom

Danke - thanks

Bitte - please

Sprechen sie englisch - do you speak english

Guten Tag - good day
Guten Morgen - good morning
Guten Abend - good evening
Guten Nacht - good night

Wo ist der Bahnhof - where's the train station
User avatar
tinalt
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:34 pm
Location: South Korea

Re: Relationships

Postby JoeBravo » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:27 am

tinalt wrote:
Brekkie wrote:So my orders may still change, but as of right now I am scheduled to be headed to Berlin, Germany for my next year of duty.

Time to start brushing up on mein Deutsch.


These phrases got me through 3 years in K-town. Berlin is far less Americanized then Kaiserslautern though, so you may want to study more than I did.

Ein bier bitte - beer please

Wo ist die toilette - where's the bathroom

Danke - thanks

Bitte - please

Sprechen sie englisch - do you speak english

Guten Tag - good day
Guten Morgen - good morning
Guten Abend - good evening
Guten Nacht - good night

Wo ist der Bahnhof - where's the train station


and lets keep it that way :P
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:19 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Relationships

Postby Dragondin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:12 am

tinalt wrote:
Brekkie wrote:So my orders may still change, but as of right now I am scheduled to be headed to Berlin, Germany for my next year of duty.

Time to start brushing up on mein Deutsch.


These phrases got me through 3 years in K-town. Berlin is far less Americanized then Kaiserslautern though, so you may want to study more than I did.


There are a lot of international tourists, students etc in Berlin every year. So you can expect a large part of berlins population can speak english, more or less well ;)

but its always nice, if someone who lives a while in germany tries to learn german.
Image
Dragondin
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:17 am
Location: Berlin, Germany

Re: Relationships

Postby degre » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:03 am

Aubade wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:Congrats to all (weddings, birthdays, smoke quitting)

@Aubade: How many of them were previous smokers that have quit? Of those, how long ago was it they quit and is there a chance they forgot about it?

I'd imagine it's a lot like breaking yourself from caffeine though... you'll get headaches for a bit until your body starts to adjust to the change, then they'll go away.


Hmm I don't know. I embrace my Caffeine addiction.

The best way I can describe it, now 24 hours off Nicotene is this.

I want a cigarette..bad. Reallllly realllly bad. I'm making sure not to leave myself alone because if I'm alone I'll probably cave and go get a cigarette. I have a terrible pounding Headache (Despite the Ibuprofen I took earlier) and I know it will go right away if I just go have a cigarette..... Luckily My girlfriend is being extremely supportive so that's helping =]

I do know once you pass the 3 day mark, there's no more phyisical addiction. And it just is all mental from that point on, so I'm just egging myself on to that point.

I don't know what kind of a smoker you are, but I was on 70/80 cigarettes a week and I didn't really have any physical problem, no headache, no nothing. The single biggest problem when you stop is in your head, when you think that you want one, just tell yourself that it's not true, you really don't want one, or you would have not stopped.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
User avatar
degre
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:11 pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: Relationships

Postby Fivelives » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:40 pm

In Germany they teach English right beside German in school, so you can get by just fine without speaking a word of German.

Although I agree, if you're going to be somewhere for a while, making an effort to learn at least touristspeak is just good sense.
- I'm not Jesus, but I can turn water into Kool-Aid.
- A Sergeant in motion outranks an officer who doesn't know what the hell is going on.
- A demolitions specialist at a flat run outranks everybody.
User avatar
Fivelives
 
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:55 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest