Remove Advertisements

Mists of Pandaria

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Mists of Pandaria

Postby Flex » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:10 pm

econ21 wrote:
Flex wrote:Gear from rep sources should be completely optional for players that do dungeons and raiding.

No, they are gating VP gear behind rep sources now - you need revered with a faction to spend your VPs. As before, VP gear is equal to raid drops, so you will use it to fill out slots you have not been lucky with drops for.

But it isn't needed to raid.

There is a difference between using it to fill slots you are unlucky with drop wise vs having to do rep quests to buy an item that has no equivalent raid drop or having to buy a valor item because it is the only way to get that tier slot/item slot.

Like I stated elsewhere, the valor purchased epic gear is alternate end game progression for people that enjoy questing more than dungeons/raiding.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:03 pm

that is hpow IT should be veiwed, but anyone pushing for progression wants to get as geared as possible as fast as possible
which means running the shit out of dungeons, and grinding dailies to get those few slots that arent covered by drops upgraded

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Darielle » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:29 pm

There is a difference between using it to fill slots you are unlucky with drop wise vs having to do rep quests to buy an item that has no equivalent raid drop or having to buy a valor item because it is the only way to get that tier slot/item slot.

THat's not really how it works for actually raiding.

LFR gear has the same issue - an "option" and a calculated advantage are two different things entirely.
Darielle

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:52 pm

Darielle wrote:LFR gear has the same issue - an "option" and a calculated advantage are two different things entirely.

and LFR gearing will be a lot slower now.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Darielle » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:08 pm

It'll be practically useless at completing last pieces as time goes on. The actual gearing at the start when everything is useful won't be touched too much.
Darielle

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:37 pm

Darielle wrote:It'll be practically useless at completing last pieces as time goes on. The actual gearing at the start when everything is useful won't be touched too much.

Still will be very hit-miss, even worse that drops from dungeons. If the next tier doesn't have the valor gear, then it might be more important, despite the RNG frustration.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta