CRZ goodies...

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Flex » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:59 am

halabar wrote:So I was bored while waiting for AV, and flew around Storm Peaks. At 2 am zone time, I saw 5 hunters from 4 different servers camping a rare in one spot. As I hovered over, counting them, the rare spawns, and one tries to tame, and another kills it. Guess that's working as intended. Glad I'm done with any old world rares myself, because it would suck now.

That never happened before cross realm zones. Everyone was nice and civil to each other.

Newsom wrote:Try leveling a profession on a super low population server and see how you like CRZ then. Doesn't matter how much gold you have, there are no materials to buy on the auction house and farming is a hot mess.

I leveled multiple professions post CRZ as I shifted around which of my alts had what professions and had zero issues farming ore for engineering and jewelcrafting.

halabar wrote:
Was talking this over with a programmer/server admin I know, and our hunch is that this is all being done to allow them to virtualize their server farm, so while there still might be "realms" they are not on individual blade servers anymore. So, the result is they can actually merge servers without ever admitting to doing so, since they can dynamically scale resources between servers as the population changes.

This is dumb. When people talk about merging servers they mean realms not actual server hardware.

halabar wrote:
So because it benefits PVP it's a success? err.. not.

Because it makes farming and rare hunting harder it is a failure?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Newsom » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:04 pm

I think what annoys me the most is that this was supposed to fix leveling zones feeling empty (aka no other players in your level range to quest with/compete with) but what is happening in practice is that all zones are instead filled with max level characters who do nothing but detract from the leveling experience.

Have you been to Hellfire Peninsula lately at level 60? I had to boost my friend through dungeons just so he could get past the zone (10-20 level 85 gankers killing everyone low level on both sides).

Then there's the whole fact that there are no low level herbs on my server's AH, and it took over 2 hours to farm 5 stacks of Swiftthistle. I counted 10 herbing druids in Hillsbrad at one point.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:09 pm

You miss my point as to why they are doing this. The point is that they are likely doing this to manage server resources. I can't see how they would consider this effort just to populate Ungoro Crater with more people, when they routinely add more to make lower levels trivial. Either this is part of the server resource allocation, or a byproduct of it. If they can manage resources better by balancing people in zones, and by having less instances of a zone live, then it makes sense on their part. It's basically load balancing. Combine 150 instances of Ungoro Crater into 10 or so, that can be dynamically managed.

And if I'm right, we won't see them fix the fishing tournaments by un-CRZing them. Instead, they'll CRZ the whole continent in the case of Northrend. Not sure what they'll do with Stranglethorn. Or they might just remove the tournaments from Salty alltogether.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:10 pm

Newsom wrote:Then there's the whole fact that there are no low level herbs on my server's AH, and it took over 2 hours to farm 5 stacks of Swiftthistle. I counted 10 herbing druids in Hillsbrad at one point.

That's impossible, Flex is always right.

halabar

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:13 pm

Newsom wrote:Have you been to Hellfire Peninsula lately at level 60? I had to boost my friend through dungeons just so he could get past the zone (10-20 level 85 gankers killing everyone low level on both sides).

But that's what guys like Flex want, the ability to gank... :D

Basically they are giving every server the problems of a high-pop server.

halabar

Postby Newsom » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:17 pm

halabar wrote:
Newsom wrote:Have you been to Hellfire Peninsula lately at level 60? I had to boost my friend through dungeons just so he could get past the zone (10-20 level 85 gankers killing everyone low level on both sides).

But that's what guys like Flex want, the ability to gank... :D

Basically they are giving every server the problems of a high-pop server.

With none of the benefits. (Working economy, people to PUG with)

Anothing thing is it dismounts people on your 2 person rocket when flying into a CRZ zone. Super fun going from Blade's Edge -> Netherstorm only to have my firend fall down into the nether randomly. Twice. :D
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:31 pm

Ahhh. So thats what happened to me. was flying from Hellfire down to Black Temple for a mog run.
Half way there - POOF - dismounted into the void and dead.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Worldie » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:34 pm

I don't understand why people flag on PvE servers. There's a huge amount of corpses everywhere near dark portal on our server.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Teranoid » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:41 pm

halabar wrote:
Teranoid wrote:Just had a 70 on 70 war in Halaa.

Love this shit.

So sorry to the people who are mad they can't have entire zones to themselves anymore. They complain about how world pvp was dead and how everything felt so empty just like they complained about how LK was too easy and when they change things everyone bawls and complains about how unfair it is and how they're going to quit.

The players have absolutely no clue what they want aside from wanting one more thing to bitch about.

Yeah you're right.. that's totally the sole reason why aside from the fact I'm not so delusional I expect to play a game of 9 million people by myself with absolutely no one around.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:46 pm

Teranoid wrote:
halabar wrote:
Teranoid wrote:Just had a 70 on 70 war in Halaa.

Love this shit.

So sorry to the people who are mad they can't have entire zones to themselves anymore. They complain about how world pvp was dead and how everything felt so empty just like they complained about how LK was too easy and when they change things everyone bawls and complains about how unfair it is and how they're going to quit.

The players have absolutely no clue what they want aside from wanting one more thing to bitch about.

Yeah you're right.. that's totally the sole reason why aside from the fact I'm not so delusional I expect to play a game of 9 million people by myself with absolutely no one around.

Tell that to the RPers that got raped in Goldshire by a PVP-PVE CRZ combination. Take 50 RPers at an event, and add in 3 horde DKs... :roll: :lol:

MMO does NOT mean perpetual combat. PVE servers exist for a reason.

halabar

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:48 pm

Worldie wrote:I don't understand why people flag on PvE servers. There's a huge amount of corpses everywhere near dark portal on our server.

Might be the bad CRZ combinations.. a PVP server gets mixed in, and everyone is flagged. And people camp the portal, waiting for others to zone in. Yep, that's what an MMO is all about.

halabar

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:51 pm

Newsom wrote:With none of the benefits. (Working economy, people to PUG with)

Yep. In other related news, there are rumors that Blizz might change the interval on server transfers again. Too many people jumping servers selling stuff and jumping back.

halabar

Postby bldavis » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:05 pm

halabar wrote:
Tell that to the RPers that got raped in Goldshire by a PVP-PVE CRZ combination. Take 50 RPers at an event, and add in 3 horde DKs... :roll: :lol:

iirc, you are only flagged outside of your faction zones
which are the zones containing capital cities and the zones adjacent to them
IE Elwynn forest, Westfall, Redridge Mtns, and Duskwood around SW with North Barrens, Mulgore and Durotar around Ogr

any one of the opposite faction should be flagged already, but unless you were already flagged, you should be flagged in Goldshire as an alliance

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:41 pm

bldavis wrote:
halabar wrote:

iirc, you are only flagged outside of your faction zones
which are the zones containing capital cities and the zones adjacent to them
IE Elwynn forest, Westfall, Redridge Mtns, and Duskwood around SW with North Barrens, Mulgore and Durotar around Ogr

any one of the opposite faction should be flagged already, but unless you were already flagged, you should be flagged in Goldshire as an alliance

Bad things are still happening with it. Want to go for a ride on my drake?... :lol:

halabar

Postby bldavis » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:42 pm

halabar wrote:Bad things are still happening with it. Want to go for a ride on my drake?... :lol:

huh?
did i miss something again?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

PreviousNext

Return to General