Going for Realm Firsts

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Going for Realm Firsts

Postby Nooska » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:50 am

fo mount, hordeside I recoomend the good old plain windrider. You can use it in nofly areas (including if you can't fly yet), and its about the smallest mount you can get.
Also remember to keep [Shift]+[v] ready for the ones trying to block you by standing on top of questgivers etc.

(should really get myself a travellers tundra mammoth, the vendor is invaluable while levelling with all the trash you pick up)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:30 am

Progress on my test run: Started with only 12 dailies to turn in, now level 86 after 2.5 hours. Certain that I would have saved 20 minutes by having the full 25 dailies, allowing me to leave Jade Forest without going to Tian Monastery. Still seems slow, especially when this is on a much less crowded zone than it will be live.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby stevos » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:32 am

Just realised that i should make a load of drums/scrolls of fort to give me a little more survivability/dps.
stevos

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:21 am

Ignoring Chen Stormstout and all his slow "fallow me to the next stop" quests means running out of quests around Halfhill in Vot4W. I'm going to cut to Krasarang now and see how that goes.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenrìr » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:28 am

The rate I'm seeing on Beta, is that I'm going to have to do both Krasarang and Vot4W just to get to 90. I'm probably 3/4 of the way done with the Dread Wastes and only 55% through 89. And I've completed all the quests in Vot4W, Kun Lai and Townlong.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:55 am

Are you in a level 6+ guild on beta, for the 10% xp perk? That'll make a difference (none of my own beta toons are guilded).

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenrìr » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:07 am

Ah, no, I am not guilded on beta. Now I'm wondering how much of a difference that is going to make.

EDIT: But I think I'm going to stick to my original plan either way. The guild perk will probably make up this 20% difference I'm at now.
Last edited by Fenrìr on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:08 am

10% is a lot. Should make a big difference. Depends on if you keep skipping ahead when you ding or if you stick around a bit, though, otherwise it'll only affect the last zone.

Should I pack a bunch of Landslide scrolls and take a few seconds to enchant new weapons?
Last edited by KysenMurrin on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenrìr » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:10 am

Eh, I didn't replace my Heroic Gurth until mid lvl 88. Then I got a minor upgrade at around mid 89. If anything, I'm going to put on a weapon chain as there are a few mobs I've ran into that disarm.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:11 am

I have double Normal No'Kaled, and I was finding weapons with 100-150 dps advantage by the time I was in Kun Lai. Didn't replace a single item prior to Kun Lai, but replaced almost my entire gear set by the end of it. I only have 4 heroic items.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenrìr » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:14 am

So I'm a bit under 85% through 89 being unguilded and ran out of quests in Dread Wastes minus the dailies. So I'm hoping the guild perk makes up that difference so long as I stick to my original plan.

Kysen, then ya...I would probably upgrade when you can. I was really hesitate to break my H T13 4p bonus for a while until I found something with 50+ strength on the item to replace what I was losing. I would probably still recommend having a weapon chain on 1 weapon though.

EDIT: For those of you who were guilded for the xp bonus, how was the quest number for moving on to each of the new zones once you lvled?

EDIT2: WTB ability to ride on water like Warlocks and Dks.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:50 am

Welp, I'm at 89% of the way to level 87 without a guild, and have run out of quests in Vot4W. If I had guild bonus I'd be either just dinged 87 or very close. Gonna have to go back and do Chen Stormstout some more, without it.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenrìr » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:07 am

Did you push all the way through JF?
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:03 am

No, that was having moved directly to Vot4W. With guild bonus, and if I'd done at least Mudmug's hut on the Chen chain, I would've been 87.

In other news, you know how Blizz has added little treasure items all over the map? Some of them have an item that vendors for 100g, some of them contain a little gold on their own... I found one in Kun ai that gave me 258,000 exp. I gather from some blue comment recently that they spawn on a single-player basis rather than randomly and there for everyone, and I think you can only get each treasure once...

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:26 am

I'm wondering if gathering will be of benefit for leveling. Depends on the competition for nodes I guess.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General