Remove Advertisements

Theramore's Fall

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Theramore's Fall

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:07 pm

No, LFR is for people that can't complete a raid... obviously a step was needed between questing and dungeoning.

Difficulty chain goes something like this (please note, I only include people that actually make it into the game):
Level 1 (congratulations, you figured out how to create a character!)
Managed to find major city (possibly level 2+)
Exploring
Talk to this guy next to me quests
Talk to this guy over there quests
Killing mobs
AFKing BGs (it's only higher than killing mobs because you have to be at least lvl 10 to enter)
Killing mobs (without dying)
Collect X of this item that loads on the ground with sparklies to identify its location quests
Herbing/Mining (if you've managed to figure out how to obtain them and have the 10 silver or whatever it is now to pay for training)
Kill X mobs quests
Kill mobs and loot X items quests
Group quests (though these are largely {if not completely} removed from the game)
Dungeons you've passed in level
Equiv level dungeons
Bare minimum required level dungeons
Cap level dungeons
Scenarios
Heroic dungeons
LFR
Challenge Modes (?)
Normal Raids
Heroic Raids

Somewhere in there would be actual PvP, but that would vary in difficulty based on the opposing team and objectives. Also, this is wholly based on my observations, some items may vary slightly.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:25 pm

i must need to adjust my sarcasm meter, or a whole lot of ppl are taking to trolling me :?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:42 pm

bldavis wrote:i must need to adjust my sarcasm meter, or a whole lot of ppl are taking to trolling me :?

If you aren't expecting sarcastic responses to sarcasm, then I'd say the former.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:47 am

KysenMurrin wrote:The point is Heroics reward high level gear, while Scenarios only have a chance at one blue item.

More generally if something rewards Valor Points it is part of the End Game and that the end game in MoP has expanded beyond just raiding.

End Game in MoP consists of:
The reputation quests at 90: There's a subset of people that love questing. So this is an attempt at that.
Scenarios: Short small group content is another thing people have been asking for.
Heroics
LFR
Challenge Modes: Difficult for difficulty's sake. No gold, no loot, no lockout. Higher VP per completion.
Normal mode raiding
Heroic mode raiding

I believe I have those in order of reward size as well.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:00 pm

Skye1013 wrote:
bldavis wrote:i must need to adjust my sarcasm meter, or a whole lot of ppl are taking to trolling me :?

If you aren't expecting sarcastic responses to sarcasm, then I'd say the former.

your response went beyond mere sarcasm :twisted:

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Paxen » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:18 pm

Are you sure that Challenge modes will be easier than normal raids?
Paxen

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:22 pm

Paxen wrote:Are you sure that Challenge modes will be easier than normal raids?

Depends. Being "srs bzness" and going for Gold time and top of the leader board will probably be more difficult or at least as difficult. Just doing them instead of heroic mode probably not.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:40 pm

Well Blizz have referred to them as some of the hardest content they've ever made, and said one of the fights in the Brewery is possibly THE hardest fight tey've ever made. But then the leaderboard when they tested the place had people running it in 15 minutes, so /shrug.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:41 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Well Blizz have referred to them as some of the hardest content they've ever made, and said one of the fights in the Brewery is possibly THE hardest fight tey've ever made. But then the leaderboard when they tested the place had people running it in 15 minutes, so /shrug.

Well the top 6 times on the test went from sub 15 minutes to a bit over 30 minutes.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:29 pm

Paxen wrote:Are you sure that Challenge modes will be easier than normal raids?

Completing a challenge mode won't really be that difficult.

Getting Gold in a Challenge mode will be possibly harder than heroic raids.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby econ21 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:08 pm

I did the scenario on my rogue who has ilevel 352 equipped, with some pvp gear. It was surprisingly enjoyable. I might be biased, as I was just (re)learning my rotation but geared at the right level it was fun. Doing it with the appropriate gear (and as squishy dps) I realised that all my tanks had just ignored key mechanics (like the 3rd boat captain going invulnerable and doing damage around him). My rogue nearly died on the last boss (despite a good tank who was runner with a guildmate healer). The rewards are thin - fifth set of fireworks, yay! So I can't imagine running scenarios while dungeons still drop usable loot. But if you just want a few VPs, can't be bothered with dungeons or dailies, they might fill a niche - one more thing you can do.
econ21

Postby bldavis » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:41 pm

ive gotten a helm, a caster staff and a polearm
i am pretty happy with my results so far

bldavis

Postby Nooska » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:38 am

Flex wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:Well Blizz have referred to them as some of the hardest content they've ever made, and said one of the fights in the Brewery is possibly THE hardest fight tey've ever made. But then the leaderboard when they tested the place had people running it in 15 minutes, so /shrug.

Well the top 6 times on the test went from sub 15 minutes to a bit over 30 minutes.

Also remember that for beta the scenarios scaled UP your gear in addition to scaling it down.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:12 pm

bldavis wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:

your response went beyond mere sarcasm :twisted:

I tend to overachieve when it comes to useless/unnecessary things...
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:18 pm

Skye1013 wrote:I tend to overachieve when it comes to useless/unnecessary things...

which explains alot about our raids :?

bldavis

PreviousNext

Return to General