What's Your Plan For MoP Launch?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: What's Your Plan For MoP Launch?

Postby Epimer » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:28 pm

I just moved flat and won't have proper internet until the 5th of October. So... maybe trying to level a monk on mobile internet?
Epimer

Postby Treck » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:51 pm

My plan is to sleep all monday, level for 9 hours, go to town and take my drivers license test, then back home to level.
Then an alt sometime later the weekend, but since raids doesnt open up right away anyway its no rush.
Hopefully time enough to level both main and alt and gear up in BiS gear for raiding, 2nd week is just normalmodes anyway so even that isnt that demanding ^^
Treck

Postby PsiVen » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:43 am

Taking off Tuesday with the wife so we can level. I guess I will shoot for server first if we're doing well after a few hours, but I doubt it will happen. If I'm not a clear frontrunner my goal will be to hit 90 by Friday evening, hopefully start working on Challenge Modes by Sunday.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Hexzon » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:58 am

Have work off intill the following weekend so planning to play till my eyes are sore.

A sever first lv90 would be nice, it comes out 5pm for us in aussie land on the tuesday so i should be lv90 sometime in the afternoon on the wednesday, if i get it awesome but if not whatever, because only lv90 the heroics start,plan to smash out 10 houra of heroics till early thursday morning, have a 6 hour sleep wake up, if we still got gear gaps more heroics,hopefully full 463 end of thursday, and hit up challenge mode going for the server first bronze clear, from then rest up, make sure every gap of gear is filled ready for mogu'shan vaults 6/6 clear Tuesday and working on challenge mode silver times, oh and well all thats going on try to every dailu possible to max rep as fast as possible.
Hexzon

Postby Paxen » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:10 am

Mist of Pandaria is ruining my Secret World :evil: Running the newest Investigation Missions now, and I keep catching myself looking forward to rolling a Monk.

And I just know that by tuesday afternoon I'll be looking forward to the next issue of TSW instead of enjoying the Monk. Sigh.
Last edited by Paxen on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paxen

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:40 am

Hmm. Occurs to me I should fill my quest log with completed dailies again.

Think I got nearly a quarter of a level when Cat launched.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Newsom » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:01 am

Somehow getting 4 characters to 90 and 2 of them in BiS heroic gear (prot paladin, blood DK) before the first raid opens up. So much to do, so little time.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Passionario » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:05 am

I think that I'll get sufficiently distracted and occupied by various RL tasks that, by the time I get to 90, all the good raid spots in our guild will be taken. I'll PuG around for a while, spend a couple of months wiping pointlessly with the B-team on normal, get completely demotivated and largely stop playing until the next expansion.

Worked just fine last time. :(
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:34 pm

I'll... be at work when it launches. Might have my code by Wednesday (depending when my mom picks up my copy.) Will enter it as soon as I get it and am in my room to do so. Then I'll make the decision between starting a monk or leveling my priest.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenrìr » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:54 pm

Ugh, not really looking forward to gearing up 2 tanks for raiding with 2 different guilds...I'm going to be so over dailies so quick......
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:01 pm

Level Spriest and Hunter, farm and craft with other toons, and try to figure out what the new raid comp will be, to see if the spriest or hunter will be the first to raid.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Levantine » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:06 pm

Just realised MoP activates at like 5pm my time. Perfect~~

Yeah I'll be nerding around on my Paladin first, then probably my priest. I figure by the time I'm done with those two I'll be able to level a panda without wanting to kill myself.
Levantine

Postby halabar » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:12 pm

Also with the double rested xp of the pandas, I might consider race-changing the priest to panda, and letting her sit an gather rested xp while the hunter levels. Should allow for running most of the way with rested xp when I level the priest.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:44 pm

Levantine wrote:Just realised MoP activates at like 5pm my time. Perfect~~

Yeah I'll be nerding around on my Paladin first, then probably my priest. I figure by the time I'm done with those two I'll be able to level a panda without wanting to kill myself.

Be sure to at least create and log in with your panda so s/he can benefit from rested (even if 1.5 lvls of rested doesn't mean much for levels 1-5...)

I've been thinking I might wait on the monk until the guild completes the professions achievement so I can have BoA leggings to go with the rest of my leather BoAs.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:35 pm

Ohh that's a good idea. Also, do Pandas still have the increased rested racial?
Levantine

PreviousNext

Return to General