Remove Advertisements

Going for Realm Firsts

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Going for Realm Firsts

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:19 pm

Exping in dungeons is competitive to JF anyway simply due to the amount of people that there'll be questing there :>
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby degre » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:45 pm

Most quests in the starting area are kill tasks anyway, so in theory would be quicker to quest in a 5 men group, stuff would explode and you'd go through quite fast.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby Hexzon » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:36 am

Getting out of the fck fest that jade forest is going to be will be key, from my exp on beta questing in jade forest will still be faster if you get ahead of the crowd, if you cant tag mobs then get a dungeon grp going fast, Im grping in 4 for the first 20-40 quests basically till ahead of crowd so no mob tagging issues thsn once jade forest hubs split a bit will be in a grp of 2.

There is no longer issues of running out of xp, they have tweaked it,so as soon as you hit 86 move on, same goes with 87, from then on you pretty much do every quest bar a few that are slow and you can skip. Fron the summit xp speeds up big time, i leveled several times and every time each level after 87 was faster then going 85 to 86 and 86 to 87. Honestly 85-86 is prob the worst ,jade forest is spread out, quests arnt the best not to meantion the xp amounts they give.

From my xp if you hit 86 first, you prob going to hit 90 first because once you out of jade forest the speed picks up and even massivly more once you hit 87, (87-88) is the fastest level by far
Hexzon

Postby stevos » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:10 am

I am guessing its beneficial to stock up on flasks/food/speed boosting potions/invisiblity potions etc, to get a few edges here and there.
stevos

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:28 am

Hmm, good thought. I already have a stack of invis pots on my Paladin from soloing Stonecore (I skip the room with giants and flayers).
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby econ21 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:30 am

There's mention of concurrent L86-87 zones - Valley of the Four Winds and Krasarang Wilds. How does that work? Do you really only do one? If so, is there one like Hyjal vs Vashj'ir that is just faster or is it just an aesthetic choice like Borean Tundra (my eyes! my eyes!) vs Howling Fjorde?
econ21

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:39 am

You can do the zones in either order, and you have to do both to get the big finale for the story, or you can skip to Kun Lai at 87. I think I hit 87 in Vot4W before I touched Krasarang, but I'd levelled in Jade Forest before the XP change. Vot4W has maybe a little too much "follow the NPC to the next hub", but I don't think there's a large difference in xp between them.

I'm not sure if everyone gets dropped in Vot4W first or if Horde get dropped in Krasarang Wilds after Jade Forest; if the former, then Krasarang will be less crowded, if the latter, they'll be about the same.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:27 am

Do you think the "25 dailies" route is necessary to stay competitive? Which dailies would you go for, assuming you want to minimise travelling around?

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Hexzon » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:18 pm

Hell yes 25 dailies, you get 21 at tol barad , got mine stacked already as there is rng in getting em, fast hand in and bang, quick fly by hand in finshing ,jc and cooking daily giving me 24 thats 1.5m xp so yeah it matters
Hexzon

Postby PsiVen » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:02 pm

Didn't they change it at the Cataclysm launch so that dailies you completed at level cap would still reward gold when you turned them in instead of XP?

In any case, I don't think it's a good idea to waste ANY amount of time not getting ahead of the questing wave. If you are 5 minutes faster at the first hub it could make up 20 minutes of struggling in the pack later. I wouldn't even touch a dungeon until the end of the first zone where everyone splits up into two, unless you intend to grind to 86 entirely in dungeons and start questing after that.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:03 pm

Hmm. Didn't realise you could stack up the full set of Tol Barad dailies from different days, or I'd've done that...

I really should have put more effort in on beta than I have. Finding that I probably need to completely rethink Valley of the Four Winds, some of the questing there is very inefficient. Gonna skip the whole Chen Stormstout chain, move between the other hubs and rely on Krasarang to get me the rest of the way to to 87. Gonna do another level through of 85-87 Sun/Mon to confirm my route...

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenrìr » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:51 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Hmm. Didn't realise you could stack up the full set of Tol Barad dailies from different days, or I'd've done that...

I really should have put more effort in on beta than I have. Finding that I probably need to completely rethink Valley of the Four Winds, some of the questing there is very inefficient. Gonna skip the whole Chen Stormstout chain, move between the other hubs and rely on Krasarang to get me the rest of the way to to 87. Gonna do another level through of 85-87 Sun/Mon to confirm my route...

Only problem with TB quests is you've got to hope that your faction controls it when the switch is flipped.

EDIT: I decided to push through today to 90 just to get a feel for the later quests...and I ran out of quests in Townlong Steppes after moving on to each zone once I reached the next level. I feel like I may have to spend a bit more time going through Krasarang even though I completed all the quests in Vot4W and Kun lai Summit.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby econ21 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:11 pm

Fenrìr wrote:Only problem with TB quests is you've got to hope that your faction controls it when the switch is flipped.

No, it's fine. They put an NPC in the peninsular that you can turn in the quests to, if the other faction controls TB. He's near the chap with the victory quest, a little further back towards the sea, iirc.
econ21

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:06 pm

Yeah, you can turn every quest in at the faction camp.

Re: Moving on as you level, I did every quest in each zone except Nesingwary's camp (didn't even know it was there until I did that bit in Krasarang then spotted the ! on the Vot4W map), and the !s on islands to the south in Krasarang, and I was 89 by the time I finished Kun Lai summit, with the option to skip Townlong entirely if I'd wanted. Don't know if I'd've run out of quests.

I'm unguilded on beta, so no xp bonus.

I'm gonna try a real trial run from 85 today, skipping ahead when it seems right, and keeping track of my xp in each zone. (I think the hard part might indeed be the "kill x mobs" quests in that very first camp when you arrive on launch night, can't really test run that...)

More stuff: I usually use a random mount addon, but I'm removing it and insted using one mount for the grind. This is to avoid things like mammoths preventing me from running through doorways.

I only recently got a Traveller's Tundra Mammoth, I think it might be essential. Sticking that on my bar also. Finding I can't interact with the vendor at all while moving, though, which is disappointing.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenrìr » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:34 am

econ21 wrote:
Fenrìr wrote:Only problem with TB quests is you've got to hope that your faction controls it when the switch is flipped.

No, it's fine. They put an NPC in the peninsular that you can turn in the quests to, if the other faction controls TB. He's near the chap with the victory quest, a little further back towards the sea, iirc.

The more you know...
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General