CRZ goodies...

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:38 am

halabar wrote:Well, if you don't fish, gather, hunt rare spawns, and are ok with PVP in your PVE, you wouldn't have anything to complain about.

I don't do any of those things and play on a PVP realm! huzzah! \o/

Well I do gather a bit, but that's always in the latest content zones, where CRZ doesn't apply and I pretty much only do that in the first few months of an expansion anyway.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Newsom » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:52 pm

Playing on a really low population realm I'm actually really annoyed. We don't have things on our Auction House (low level crafting mats especially) so you have to farm it yourself. Which I was totally fine with, except it is now impossible since CRZ.

Ecnomy on my server was horrible to begin with, but now it's just so much worse.

It also seems to be a real pain in the ass trying to level with multiple 85s killing you for fun (getting lots of complaints from guildies about this). I think it's a lot easier to be a shitty ganker when you are ganking randoms on other servers who you might never run in to again.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Nooska » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:49 am

Newsom wrote:Playing on a really low population realm I'm actually really annoyed. We don't have things on our Auction House (low level crafting mats especially) so you have to farm it yourself. Which I was totally fine with, except it is now impossible since CRZ.

Economy on my server was horrible to begin with, but now it's just so much worse.

This is actually a valid point of contention in regards to low pop realms - the CRZ increases participation in the zones to the expected levels, but it doesn't create the expected results on gathering materials (mostly herbs and ore - skinning should be up due to higher pop = faster spawns)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:11 am

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6679517893
With more populated areas, we’re aware of concerns over increased competition for resource nodes as well as quest and rare mob spawns. This is something that we’re in the process of evaluating. We’ve already taken some steps to address it by increasing the spawn rates of most rare spawns. If a zone becomes too populated, we’re capable of adjusting how many realms are able to connect to it. Just keep in mind that we do choose spawn times of creatures and profession nodes with a certain zone population in mind -- CRZ affords us the ability to better maintain those populations.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:07 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6679517893
With more populated areas, we’re aware of concerns over increased competition for resource nodes as well as quest and rare mob spawns. This is something that we’re in the process of evaluating. We’ve already taken some steps to address it by increasing the spawn rates of most rare spawns. If a zone becomes too populated, we’re capable of adjusting how many realms are able to connect to it. Just keep in mind that we do choose spawn times of creatures and profession nodes with a certain zone population in mind -- CRZ affords us the ability to better maintain those populations.

Just lol

So he's carefully saying that it's actually working the way they want, but they are figuring out that no one likes it.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:12 pm

halabar wrote:Just lol

So he's carefully saying that it's actually working the way they want, but they are figuring out that no one likes it.

If people are used to farming in empty zones any addition of people would be unwelcomed but it is something they just have to get over.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:26 pm

Flex wrote:
halabar wrote:Just lol

If people are used to farming in empty zones any addition of people would be unwelcomed but it is something they just have to get over.

And in the process they ruin the social aspect of the game even further.

Was talking this over with a programmer/server admin I know, and our hunch is that this is all being done to allow them to virtualize their server farm, so while there still might be "realms" they are not on individual blade servers anymore. So, the result is they can actually merge servers without ever admitting to doing so, since they can dynamically scale resources between servers as the population changes.

halabar

Postby Teranoid » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:34 pm

Just had a 70 on 70 war in Halaa.

Love this shit.

So sorry to the people who are mad they can't have entire zones to themselves anymore. They complain about how world pvp was dead and how everything felt so empty just like they complained about how LK was too easy and when they change things everyone bawls and complains about how unfair it is and how they're going to quit.

The players have absolutely no clue what they want aside from wanting one more thing to bitch about.
Teranoid

Postby Newsom » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:30 pm

Try leveling a profession on a super low population server and see how you like CRZ then. Doesn't matter how much gold you have, there are no materials to buy on the auction house and farming is a hot mess. And no, I can't just move, this is where my raiding guild is.

I just hope they don't enable CRZ for Pandaria zones any time soon or we might just be forced to move just to get consumables.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Worldie » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:22 am

They would easily fix the problem by making CR-AH. No idea why they don't want to. The social aspect of a realm community is long dead anyway.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:59 am

CR-AH doesn't quite work the same though, unless they're going to be combining the AH for all servers that are capable of going CR with one another (which, if I'm not mistaken, is all realms.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:13 am

CR-AH would solve the issue of not having stuff in AH with CRZ, that was what I thought
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:00 am

So I was bored while waiting for AV, and flew around Storm Peaks. At 2 am zone time, I saw 5 hunters from 4 different servers camping a rare in one spot. As I hovered over, counting them, the rare spawns, and one tries to tame, and another kills it. Guess that's working as intended. Glad I'm done with any old world rares myself, because it would suck now.

halabar

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:08 am

Worldie wrote:CR-AH would solve the issue of not having stuff in AH with CRZ, that was what I thought

CRZ-AH would be an utter disaster.

If they did that..

1) The AH would be ruled by those that camp the AH 24-7, and there would be little chance for profit ever.
2) Gathering would be worthless, as the botters would always have the price down at the lowest possible.
3) Finding deals on rare items would be very hard, as they would be gone instantly because of scan-bots.

You don't want to go there.

halabar

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:11 am

Teranoid wrote:Just had a 70 on 70 war in Halaa.

Love this shit.

So sorry to the people who are mad they can't have entire zones to themselves anymore. They complain about how world pvp was dead and how everything felt so empty just like they complained about how LK was too easy and when they change things everyone bawls and complains about how unfair it is and how they're going to quit.

The players have absolutely no clue what they want aside from wanting one more thing to bitch about.

So because it benefits PVP it's a success? err.. not.

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General