Remove Advertisements

CRZ goodies...

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

CRZ goodies...

Postby halabar » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:26 pm

OK, so Blizz has fucked this up enough that it deserves it's own thread. I'll start.

As mentioned before, they are turning off the fishing tournaments until they can get them to work with CRZ. (Taking bets on patch 5.3)

New one tonight... apparently CRZ bugged out Hyjal, where once you land from the dragon, all the NPCs phase out. So you can't quest, can't open the portal, or do anything. After finally finding out what was going on, I wound up buying gear so I could get into dungeons, and leveling that way, but I'm basically locked out of anything related to Hyjal, unless I want to go back and quest there when they finally fix it.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Stubblerump » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:46 pm

Speaking of CRZ....while leveling another toon, took the quest chopper to sholazar basin, have Aotona (I think. The flying bird anyway) set off npcscan, see it within 60 yards or so of where I land and as soon as I do, bam, different realm. Sooo irritating. And the place was packed with crossrealm players decimating quest mobs left and right. This sucks. However much lipstick they put on this pig, I still taste bacon. I get it, by funneling 3 or more realms into one zone, they save server space. More profits, less product. First you recycle all the molten core skins and call it Firelands, then make the afterthought of raid that is Dragon Soul. Just waiting for the GM's to be outsourced to India/East Asia so someone I don't understand can tell me to turn off my computer and make sure that my boards are secured properly the next time I try to do item recovery.
Stubblerump

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:08 am

Stubblerump wrote:However much lipstick they put on this pig, I still taste bacon.

Mmm... bacon...

Wait, what were we talking about again?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:56 am

Stubblerump wrote:Speaking of CRZ....while leveling another toon, took the quest chopper to sholazar basin, have Aotona (I think. The flying bird anyway) set off npcscan, see it within 60 yards or so of where I land and as soon as I do, bam, different realm. Sooo irritating. And the place was packed with crossrealm players decimating quest mobs left and right. This sucks.

Yeah, I saw this today. Spotted a rare mob in Shadowmoon Valley while on flight path from Shatt, when I landed it had disappeared. Didn't realise I'd moved into a cross-realm zone until later.

I understand why they're doing it, to make sure zones always have a similar level of activity, but it's going to be hard to adjust after years of having totally dead zones to yourself whenever you do low level content.

Bug: Whenever you're in a cross-realm area, zone chat channels post multiple times. So you see 2-3 copies of every chat message in General. Thought it was a beta bug, then it started happening on live as soon as they turned on cross realm.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby masterpoobaa » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:15 am

Yeah triple/quadruple double ups of general chat,
I heard a rumor that a DK could kill people of his same faction (but from other servers).
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:53 am

There was a bug fix for that, something to do with diseases working on anyone regardless of faction.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Andurin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:48 am

I`m mostly against those cross realm zones aswell, but teleporting to the blasted lands from sw and seeing the masacre that had went on there during the day, it did make me giggle... ~250 bone corpses lying around randomly around the dark portal site.

Edit: The 5 hunters waiting for an unfortunate alliance character to come to the Sethekk Halls entrance where less fun tho...
Andurin

Postby halabar » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:55 am

As the outrage on the forums grows, CRZ is beginning to look as bad as the forced RealID thing they were going to do.

halabar

Postby Jabari » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:47 am

I dunno, I think it'll be ok once they work out the bugs. *shrug*

Though they may have overdone it a bit in some cases. Went to the Molten Front yesterday and there were probably 30 people all jammed together in the first area. Getting 5 dogs tagged took a while...

About 1/4 of them were PvP flagged as well. Not sure how the whole area didn't erupt into a gigantic warzone actually. :lol: Last couple DS runs I've done the area right at the meeting stone WAS a warzone! Reminded me of the old days inside Blackrock Mountain on a PvP server.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:50 am

Stubblerump wrote:And the place was packed with crossrealm players decimating quest mobs left and right.

Pretty sure having players in the realm is the entire point of the system.

Stubblerump wrote:I get it, by funneling 3 or more realms into one zone, they save server space.

Doubtful. Since each realm still has its own zone as the realm population for the zone is the trigger mechanism for if it is CRZ eligible or not.

halabar wrote:As the outrage on the forums grows

I've had zero issues with CRZ and think it is a solid idea and will be good for the game once bugs are worked out.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:25 am

Flex wrote:
halabar wrote:As the outrage on the forums grows

I've had zero issues with CRZ and think it is a solid idea and will be good for the game once bugs are worked out.

Well, if you don't fish, gather, hunt rare spawns, and are ok with PVP in your PVE, you wouldn't have anything to complain about. You should post on the forums, you'll get a blue response, Blizz has been busy locking complaint threads and posting in support threads. (All about the spin...)

The most amusing thing is many of those upset are from the low-pop realms, they were quiet, and people liked it that way, and now some zones are the normal zoo.

It's a good idea, but they REALLY didn't think this through....

halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:32 am

It's just about adjusting. We've spent years having zones practically to ourselves, which wasn't intended, and now they're putting them back to the levels of activity they're meant to have. All that stuff about nodes, mobs, etc? The empty zone with everything to yourself was the broken state.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:41 am

Locking duplicate threads has always been the standard practice on the forums.
I assume fishing is for the tournament? I'd imagine they'll do like what they're doing for WG and TB for that.
Rare Spawn visibility is an issue that'll be fixed, other people going for them is not a problem to be fixed.
My gathering experience has been fine, I did it over the last few weeks when I shifted professions around. I ran in to zero issues, unless you count other people also gathering in the same zone as me as issues.
I've also not been flagged for PvP while going into a CRZ. Unless you mean people flagging themselves for PvP, which was incredibly common when populated quest hubs were released in the past (flag for PvP, stand on a vendor, profit) and not really an issue to be solved.

I agree that the what you see in the air should be what you see on the ground is valid. Anything that revolves around "I don't want to interact with people" is invalid.
Last edited by Flex on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:51 am

Let me say first, I understand why Blizzard is going it. They want more interaction between the player base, they want the low level questing experience to be less solitary, they want it to feel "like a world". Those are all great points, I'm sure that I missed some others that are really good ideas for it.

But, I don't know how into it I would be. Sometimes, I went to places, and did off the wall things because I knew I would be alone. I will readily admit that it isn't what they intended, but It ended up being something I looked forward to just the same.

For me, the CRZ experience would probably push me further into dungeons. If I were still playing, My online time would revolve mainly around dungeons and raids (similar to how it did before). Even with the change to gold drops from bosses.
Shoju

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:24 am

'Nother bug: When you first hit the new zone, it seems to deactivate some of your gear for a second. First noticed this when trinkets on my bars were briefly lost, but even more noticable is when I enter a zone and my Paladin suddenly loses 30k health.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Next

Return to General