What's Your Plan For MoP Launch?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

What's Your Plan For MoP Launch?

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:48 am

So what's everyone planning on doing for MoP launch? Do you have the day off? The week off? What character are you leveling first, second, third, and why? Are you more interested in the storyline, or beating everyone to 90?

I think I asked this for Cataclysm launch as well - let's see what's changed this time around!

Personally, I'd've liked to take the week off like we did last expansion, but I wasn't able to. Plus with Invis being back in school, it wouldn't have worked out anyway since we're leveling together. I'll be leveling my paladin first, I think he's doing his DK this time round. I figure we'll be doing a lot of "rush home from work and play till the wee hours", which makes me wonder if we'll even hit 90 before the weekend.

My only real concern is having to level a second character just to fuel my paladin's need for ore since she's got blacksmithing and jewelcrafting as her profs. And unfortunately, all my miners are characters I would not have chosen to level right away.

So what are your plans?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Re: What's Your Plan For MoP Launch?

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:02 am

Seeing the recent RL disaster for me I'm having a few weeks off everything. Planning to zerg my Pala to 90, then zerg a character with mining and epic flight to fuel my Engi/JC.
Most likely will be spamming istances most of the time (not fussed by server first and not really willing to compete with the whole server for quest mobs), at very least until 86. Then we'll see.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:21 am

launch night - make my 2 monks
getting to panda land on hunter and dk, and then either going to dungeons on my dk, leveling my cowadin, or just going to bed and saying screw it

realm firsts dont mean that much to me

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nooska » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:39 am

On the "spam instances" you will really be missing out on a lot of openings if you don't do the questing - rep matters (can't be earned in the instances anymore) and unlocking of areas matters as well.

I'm picking it up at midnight CET monday/tuesday, heading home to install it, then I'll play a bit on tuesday (though I have apointments to keep, both in the morning and the afternoon) - wednesday is possibly maintenance day, but other than maint, I'll be on wednesday.
No chance of realm first for me, too many outside appointments.
Last edited by Nooska on Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:40 am

As said elsewhere, I'm gonna see if I can get a realm first. I have Monday-Wednesday off work, and will be at the computer playing right at 11pm Monday (GMT) when it launches. This is only the 2nd expansion I've played right from launch like this, and the first time overnight. It'll probably be the last time I try it, too.

Edit: Oh yeah, and it's my Shaman main I'm levelling first. Might level my Paladin after, or start on a Monk.
Last edited by KysenMurrin on Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby degre » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:45 am

Rushing to grab the mining pick and praying to find it there. Then probably a good couple of hours of questing on my tankadin before going to bed, the real nerding will start at the end of the first day as I've booked off from Wednesday to Friday.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Sagara » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:51 am

Taking the freaking whole week off!

In Turkey !

First vacation of the year, so there is NO way I would have cancelled that.

When I'm back - the Pally is once again the main target, altough Holy or Prot will depend on the (new) RL's needs, or what some friendly guild would need.

Next up? No idea. I'd like to make a "main character's daughter" as a BE Monk, but there's no rush.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Paxen » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:59 am

I'm going to level a troll monk. I might log in at midnight and head to Pandaria on one of my 85's to do a bit of sightseeing, but probably not. It's late, and the servers will be overloaded. I got tuesday free anyway, so I'll be rolling a monk in the Echo Isles and avoid the rush.
Paxen

Postby daishan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:00 am

I've got all week off :D
My plan is to have an early night on Monday then get up at 4am server time and level my Pally all Tuesday with a mage friend, then level the scummy dk farmer a little on Wednesday, until my friend is back from work. Hopefully hit 90 on the pally late Wed.
After that finish getting the farmer to 90, I probably should level my Mage scribe next, but the SPriest is just more fun.
Last edited by daishan on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daishan
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:01 am

I have Friday off, so during the evenings I'll try to get through the initial slog on my hunter, and then pound away on Friday, hoping to get close to 90 at that point.

I'm strongly considering that the Spriest will be next.

I'll also be moving my herber and skinner over, to start the gathering, and if the gathering is real good, that might slow down my hunter.. (who is my miner).

My skinner will get parked in the VotFW where that killing zone is, and will spend the next month there. Just selling the skins.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby degre » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:05 am

Sagara wrote:Taking the freaking whole week off!

In Turkey !

Tell us how's the weather!
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Taeron » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:43 am

I worked my ass off in the past month to get ahead and can afford to take off work from 25th till Oct. 1st. I planned this since MoP was announced since new expansions are those rare moments, when I just sit at the computer into the late hours of the night and get soaked by the game.

I never rush, but I do progress relatively fast. Might not be the case this time since I'll be leveling my paladin first in protection spec with retribution gear, only this time our damage is so horrible, I probably won't be going through content with same speed as in WotLK and Cata.

As for how - questing, dungeons, exploring. Will be doing every single quest in every zone before moving on, dungeons when I'm called to tank. As an achievement whore, I won't rush to 90, I'll be looking to have as much done in every zone as possible. All the while leveling professions.

Alts will come at a later date. Mage first, followed by hunter and then warlock. Fifth one will probably be a monk, to complete the "have 5 classes at max level" achievement. I will, however, gear and play only my paladin.
Taeron

Postby stevos » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:09 am

I am working the week of launch, so probably try and stay online on tuesday and hit a few instances and then bed :(

I have the following two weeks off for leveling properly and gearing up.

I did this with previous expansions and it means i have a hardtime leveling due to raw number of people around but its not very holiday efficient taking half a week off.
stevos

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:59 am

proooobably beating Persona 3 FES

<_<

>_>

I'm sure I'll play Pandas at some point though!
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Pruke » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:19 pm

I had planned vacation but a co-worker is going off to lead auditor certification and I was only able to get off on Thursday/Friday/Monday. So I will more then likely miss the midnight launch, rush home Tuesday and play from 5:30 - 11:30. Get to bed and get up at 6:20 am to work. Since I am off Thursday I will play from 5:30 till around 1:00 because I do not want to be so tired I will be sluggish on Thursday.

To those of you rushing for server firsts, good luck to you all.
Pruke

Next

Return to General