Theramore's Fall

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Theramore's Fall

Postby Teranoid » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:00 pm

Lieris wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:
Lieris wrote:I canceled my MOP collector's edition preorder yesterday. I am no longer giving Blizzard the benefit of the doubt because they no longer deserve it after the annual pass debacle;

What was the debacle?

A one year contract taken in good faith by over a million people with the understanding that Blizzard will provide raid patches and expansions much more regularly. Instead all we had was Dragon Soul, a mediocre 8 boss raid with no new environments and 6 recycled boss models like Deathwing's final chapter was merely an afterthought, for 10 months. They abandoned Cataclysm and still couldn't get MOP out any sooner.

That's funny. I signed up for it because I wanted the mount, wanted to get D3 anyway and like beta testing games not to mention I'd be subscribing anyway.

Hardly what I call a debacle when I got exactly what I signed up for.

Edit: It was plain as day why the AP was even introduced and if you signed up not realizing that it was to keep subs in a lull in content then you really have no one to blame but yourself.
Teranoid

Postby Sagara » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:17 pm

Just read the WoW Insider article on scenarios for today, apparently they consider Theramore the weakest of release scenarios.

We'll see soon enough...
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Darielle » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:18 pm

They touched on this in the Best Buy Q&A. Basically they didn't want to put too much story in the actual scenario because they just wanted to let players get to the action part, which, to me, is somewhat understandable given the violent reactions players have had to any form of "sit through dialog" part of instanced content. It sounds like for any future event based scenarios they'll do similar to what they did with the Troll heroics and have a quest chain surrounding it.

It's the lack of the quest chain that's really bad with this one. Even somethign as small as "Go talk to Varian, Varian has a dilagoue, sends you to the harbor, you can queue for Scenario" would have improved the affair.

Instead, for those other people who didn't read books, they have no context for the entire thing beyond "Queue to aoe 10 mins for a chance at 384 loot".

End of Time has more story just because it gives you a context as to why you're there when you go there.
Darielle

Postby degre » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:27 am

halabar wrote:But the current land on the dock, fight 15 waves of horde, get a treasure bag, is lame. Seems very last-minute.

My suspicion is that they had something larger planned, and it just didn't work.

I don't know if you tried the beta, but all other scenario I have tried are pretty much exactly the same.

You can queue for multiple content, maybe as a DPS you are facing long queues, with Scenarios they give you something quick to do
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:15 am

I'm just surprised there's a guild reward (gold I guess?) for completing 15 scenarios per week. No WAY are people going to be that interested in those.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Andurin » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:55 am

Nikachelle wrote:I'm just surprised there's a guild reward (gold I guess?) for completing 15 scenarios per week. No WAY are people going to be that interested in those.

I`m sure I can get my girlfriend and 1 other guildy to join and rush trough those scenario's a couple of times if we get a % of the profit the guild earns :p Thats how we got our first few raid challenges aswell :p 125g for me and my gf to make the guild kill Halfus with our leadership :p Easy money, epics in the process, and now people are good enough that they can do it themselves. :p
Andurin

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:12 am

Nikachelle wrote:I'm just surprised there's a guild reward (gold I guess?) for completing 15 scenarios per week. No WAY are people going to be that interested in those.

They're fast, easy, take no travel, have no lockout, and they reward Valor points.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:53 am

degre wrote:
halabar wrote:But the current land on the dock, fight 15 waves of horde, get a treasure bag, is lame. Seems very last-minute.

My suspicion is that they had something larger planned, and it just didn't work.

I don't know if you tried the beta, but all other scenario I have tried are pretty much exactly the same.

You can queue for multiple content, maybe as a DPS you are facing long queues, with Scenarios they give you something quick to do

Never bothered getting to 90 in beta, was more interested in rotation testing, hunting for rares, and checking out the professions, and profit opportunities.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:54 am

KysenMurrin wrote:

They're fast, easy, take no travel, have no lockout, and they reward Valor points.

and we have the real motivation... ;-)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:37 am

KysenMurrin wrote:

That's ridiculous.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:48 am

Eyup, but I can guarantee it'll be easier to find two other guildmates online that I don't hate than it is to find 4, so I'm not particularly fussed.

I mean whut?
Levantine

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:42 am

KysenMurrin wrote:

All of them, or just the first X per week?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:58 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:They're fast, easy, take no travel, have no lockout, and they reward Valor points.

And there we have it.
"Heroics" designed for people incapable of even completing a heroic.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby bldavis » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:16 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:They're fast, easy, take no travel, have no lockout, and they reward Valor points.

And there we have it.
"Heroics" designed for people incapable of even completing a heroic.

but...i thought that is what LFR was for! :shock: :?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:58 pm

The point is Heroics reward high level gear, while Scenarios only have a chance at one blue item.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to General