Mists of Pandaria

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Mists of Pandaria

Postby degre » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:25 am

Worldie wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Oh I'll be all over those pet battles. There's a metric ton of achievements attached to them!

Can we duel crosserver? :P

1 - Invite to group
2 - Convert to raid
3 - Enter any nearby raid (eg. MC or Khara, 2 minutes flying from SW)
4 - Challenge to duel
5 - ???
6 - Profit
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby halabar » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:42 am

So... Blizz is removing the fishing tournaments until they fix the mess that they created with CRZ and the tournaments. Way to go Blizz about not thinking these thing through.

damn glad I got my Salty done already.

(Watch them change Salty to no longer require the tournament, thus starting more rage).
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:25 pm

degre wrote:
Worldie wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Oh I'll be all over those pet battles. There's a metric ton of achievements attached to them!

Can we duel crosserver? :P

1 - Invite to group
2 - Convert to raid
4 - Challenge to duel
5 - ???
6 - Profit

I thought you couldn't duel inside raid instances
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby econ21 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:34 pm

How long do you think it will take "casuals" to get geared enough to raid in MoP? My guild's tentatively put down a raid invite for the Friday after Vaults opens, but I have no idea if we will be ready by then. What should we be shooting for? The LFR itemlevel requirement/heroic drops value of 463? That would seem to require pretty much a full set of dungeon drops (maybe the odd pvp piece) - valour gear takes time. The gap between heroics drops (463) and VP/vaults gear (489) seems much larger than in the past (e.g. 346 vs 359), but I can't see a way to close the gap before LFR/VP grinding kicks in. So, it looks like we need to be chain running heroics for drops.

How hard are the heroics if you are just geared for them (say 440-450 gear)? Easier than Cata ones on launch I know, but what about compared to WotlK ones on launch? Those were heroics PuGs did start chain running a week or so after launch.

What about the early Vaults bosses? How do they compared to Magmaw, Morchok etc.
econ21

Postby Worldie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:44 pm

I read somewhere that MoP heroics are fairly easy even if you don't have the ilvl to queue and zone in old fashioned way
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby degre » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:04 am

Sabindeus wrote:
degre wrote:1 - Invite to group
2 - Convert to raid
4 - Challenge to duel
5 - ???
6 - Profit

I thought you couldn't duel inside raid instances

Well, it's not a duel, it's a pet battle :P
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Treck » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:44 am

I know there are fewer restrictions on pet battles, but I would be suprised if there were no restictions.
Treck

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:58 am

So, what happens at midnight for those of us with Mists ready to go?

A yellow System Message will appear in your Chat Log telling you to visit Orgrimmar or Stormwind to start your travels.
Level-85 characters will receive a new quest, no matter where they are in the world, which will guide them to Varian or Garrosh for further orders. If you’re online at midnight you will receive the quest even if your Quest Log is full -- or you can visit Varian or Garrosh to get started on your journey to Pandaria.
Level-85 players will notice their experience bars automatically change so that experience can once again be earned.
Players who are at the Character Creation screen at midnight will notice the button to create a pandaren character will be enabled. (Reminder: This also applies to players who don’t have a Mists of Pandaria license, as all races are now included with a base copy of World of Warcraft.)
Players who are at the Character Creation screen at midnight will notice the button to create a monk character will be enabled.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6572970580
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:10 pm

Really? Did I miss out where they said you won't need to restart the game for the changes to go active?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:12 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Really? Did I miss out where they said you won't need to restart the game for the changes to go active?

Apparently. They've been saying for a while now that if everything works as designed no relogging would be needed.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:13 pm

Flex wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Really? Did I miss out where they said you won't need to restart the game for the changes to go active?

Apparently. They've been saying for a while now that if everything works as designed no relogging would be needed.

Well that'll be pretty awesome.

If it works.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:14 pm

Yeah, they've been saying it for a week or two. And yes it will. Log in early, sort yourself out, sit in front of the keep entrance at 5 to midnight.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:37 pm

My money on severs going down and login servers get flooded again :lol:
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:06 pm

Worldie wrote:My money on severs going down and login servers get flooded again :lol:

yeah same here

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Treck » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Error 37
Treck

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta