Beta tank set ups and initial thoughts:

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Beta tank set ups and initial thoughts:

Postby stevos » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:26 am

That's odd.

I remember the fuss over light wells not scaling dynastically like other HoTs in t11 days.
stevos

Postby Darielle » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:30 am

stevos wrote:That's odd.

I remember the fuss over light wells not scaling dynastically like other HoTs in t11 days.

IIRC the fix for that was that the spellpower was calculated when the person clicked the Lightwell isntead of being permanently imprinted when the Lightwell was cast, not something that automagically changed the power mid-tick.

But being a person who's had a Priest since Vanilla, my mind blurs the 30,000 changes they've done to try and make Lightwell useful together, so I can't guarantee that was it.
Darielle

Postby stevos » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:23 am

I feel your pain

As a raid leader, I am fed up of reminding people to click the darn thing.

Thinking about it, I think it was only haste scaling.
stevos

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:20 pm

Upside, now there is a glyph to make it autocast on people! That may or may not be ideal, but it's better than it not getting used because people can't remember to click it.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Newsom » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:30 pm

Skye1013 wrote:Upside, now there is a glyph to make it autocast on people! That may or may not be ideal, but it's better than it not getting used because people can't remember to click it.

I hate that glyph! How will people learn to click when it's not even possible? :P
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby stevos » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:56 pm

I have to admit to almost always forgetting about it when dps'ing, so more than happy for the glyph to exist. It's not really fair on holy priests output to rely on others remembering to use it.

The new soulstone will have similar effect, now that it's viable for tank to use it defensively, rather than being pretty lame for tanks for a long time now. Another item I always forget about.
stevos

Postby Nooska » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:00 am

Having healed witha holy priest for a while, I definately remember to place myself in clicking range of the LW, and in an orientation that lets me click it without actually having to move the mouse a whole lot.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta