Remove Advertisements

Theramore's Fall

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Theramore's Fall

Postby culhag » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:32 pm

Nikachelle wrote:I've seen a few QQ remarks as to why monks won't be able to get the Theramore tabard.

Fixed. You can get the tabard now and race-change to Panda next week. (if you're the right class) ;)
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Epimer » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:51 pm

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Epimer

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:23 pm

Mannstein wrote:
Flex wrote:
Hawkslayer wrote:I would basically think of this as an instanced group quest chain and nothing more

Because that's exactly what they are supposed to be.

Exacly why should Blizzard spent cash in putting something ... wait for it...... AWESOME just for one week???
Cmon guys think like marketeers... It doesn't make sense to a 10.000.000player game to:
A) Give away 1week free-time to non-subscribers until the expansion day;
B) Expand the free trial to allow access;
C) Deliver a fck AWESOME CENARIO with videos, AWESOME AOE and AWESOME chain pulls, AWESOME Naval battles, AWESOME videos where your char (YES YOUR AWESOME CHAR) fights it out with the horde heroes or Alliance scum (oops i mean Alliance heroes) and do something AWESOME (hey you can't have enough AWESOME), and get you "hyped" for the expansion even if you were thinking on non-buying.

It's better to save the money and deliver "this" to guys that are paying the game and the "hundreds" of non-subscriptioners (free week)that could be thinking the mysts.

P.S. Please "think" Sarcasm when you read my post.

I felt like this so needed a BAM! 8)
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby masterpoobaa » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:59 pm

How did the goblins manage to create a bomb that can level cities?
Would not Alliance spies get wiff of such a big project?
Defenders of Theramore happy to have a Hostile Zepplin gently float over their city and not do/say anything?
Rest Of Alliance not a little bit worried about the Goblins having a City flattening weapon?
Rest of Horde not worried about the Alliance response to having one of thier major cities Leveled?
Rest of Horde not worried that one of their factions has this power? (And a faction that has historically been more interested in profit than any alliances)
Last edited by masterpoobaa on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:17 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:How did the goblins manage to create a bomb that can level cities?

Goblins were just the delivery mechanism. The bomb was created by Blood Elf Mages (?) who stole the Focusing Iris from the Eye of Eternity.

Would not Alliance spies get wiff of such a big project?

Nope. Kalec kept that shit on the DL.

Defenders of Theramore happy to have a Hostile Zepplin gently float over their city and not do/say anything?

You mean they should have shot at it faster, or what?

Rest Of Alliance not a little bit worried about the Goblins having a City flattening weapon?

Oh we're worried, but luckily they don't have it anymore because Jaina recovered the Focusing Iris.

Rest of Horde not worried about the Alliance response to having one of thier major cities Leveled?

They damn well should be worried. Point is though that any future reaction to this will happen in a later patch.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby masterpoobaa » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:27 pm

Ahhh I see.
So if it were a once off weapon, would it not have been more effective to drop it on Stormwind?
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby halabar » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:02 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:Ahhh I see.
So if it were a once off weapon, would it not have been more effective to drop it on Stormwind?

Garrosh more concerned about the encroachment of Alliance closer to home, even if Theramore has been there a long time. No one every gave Garrosh a bright bulb award either.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:16 pm

No horde safe harbor area close enough to Stormwind.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Flex wrote:

No horde safe harbor area close enough to Stormwind.

there is the one in STV, but it is more of an outpost than a major city
it would be like the us trying to go through menithal harbor to get to horde territory

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Newsom » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:40 pm

Don't forget the fact the Alliance (from Theramore) raized Taurajo. Also they've been expanding Theramore quite a bit by builing that bridge/road and another keep in Southern Barrens.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:07 pm

Nikachelle wrote:
Sagara wrote:Which does tie with their mentionning of pre-launch events being a bit of a waste for 1-2 weeks of game time.

Except that pre-expansion launches DO generally seem to get people pretty hyped for the next expansion. It's always worked for me anyway. But maybe that's their problem. They realized they were only getting people excited who already had subscriptions... it's pretty much inevitable that all of us who are currently subbed will also be playing MoP. They don't need to get us excited anymore... they've already got us hooked.

The problem is, it's almost having the opposite effect for me. I'm already losing interest in the game, and a lack of a decent prelaunch doesn't really make things any better. I can only hope MoP renews my interest or else I'll have to find something else to do with my free time.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:20 pm

Skye1013 wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:
Sagara wrote:Which does tie with their mentionning of pre-launch events being a bit of a waste for 1-2 weeks of game time.

Except that pre-expansion launches DO generally seem to get people pretty hyped for the next expansion. It's always worked for me anyway. But maybe that's their problem. They realized they were only getting people excited who already had subscriptions... it's pretty much inevitable that all of us who are currently subbed will also be playing MoP. They don't need to get us excited anymore... they've already got us hooked.

The problem is, it's almost having the opposite effect for me. I'm already losing interest in the game, and a lack of a decent prelaunch doesn't really make things any better. I can only hope MoP renews my interest or else I'll have to find something else to do with my free time.

Yeah but see, they've already won your dollar. You're already planning to buy the expansion and try it out before making a decision. The lack of a prelaunch event isn't curtailing you from buying the expansion - you're only delaying judgement until you've tried the product out (at which point, you've already paid for it plus a month of a subscription). They don't have to win you over with prelaunch, they can do that with their new content, so they've got zero incentive to entice you any further since MoP may very well do that itself.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:31 pm

Yes, but how many people went the other way and decided NOT to pick up the xpac from lack of interest that might have been saved by a decent prelaunch?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:52 pm

Skye1013 wrote:Yes, but how many people went the other way and decided NOT to pick up the xpac from lack of interest that might have been saved by a decent prelaunch?

I'd hazard a guess and say the percentage is probably pretty low when compared to the people who are disappointed by the lack of a prelaunch, but are still sticking around "just to see".
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Newsom » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:42 pm

If this gets us a 10+ boss raid in 5.1 I don't care. :P
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

PreviousNext

Return to General