Remove Advertisements

Relationships

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Relationships

Postby Paxen » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:22 am

While I'm no fan of the more roided out female bodybuilders...

Remember that bodybuilders on stage are cut, that is, they got almost no body fat. Body fat is what gives women curves, and is a large part of what makes them look feminine (this isn't the same as being fat, of course).

Find a bodybuilder in the offseason and she'll look a lot more natural. Even better, find a girl who competes in fitness, figure or the like in offseason form and there's good odds she'll be smoking hot.
Paxen

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:34 am

Paxen wrote:While I'm no fan of the more roided out female bodybuilders...

Remember that bodybuilders on stage are cut, that is, they got almost no body fat. Body fat is what gives women curves, and is a large part of what makes them look feminine (this isn't the same as being fat, of course).

Find a bodybuilder in the offseason and she'll look a lot more natural. Even better, find a girl who competes in fitness, figure or the like in offseason form and there's good odds she'll be smoking hot.

man for some reason I feel like being contrary today.

Holley Mangold - Olympic Superheavyweight Lifter, US 2012 team

I'd hit it
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Arnock » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:05 pm

For the record, bodybuilder != Olympic/power lifter.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:17 pm

Arnock wrote:For the record, bodybuilder != Olympic/power lifter.

:|

That seems unfair. The post I was replying to said "competes in fitness" and lifters are *definitely* competitors in some sort of physical challenge for which they need to be fit even if they don't fit into the "bodybuilder" category.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:19 pm

It's kind of a touchy subject because it really depends on what you consider "fit".

I mean, Holley could probably bench press your car, but at 350 pounds it's very hard to consider her physically fit. So she's fit in one aspect (lifting) but unfit in others (running, for example). Same goes for body builders likely... don't they drop ridiculous amounts of weight just so that their muscles will show up during competition season? That's not particularly healthy.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:13 pm

But is it 350 pounds of more muscle, or more fat?
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Paxen » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:44 pm

Sabindeus wrote:That seems unfair. The post I was replying to said "competes in fitness" and lifters are *definitely* competitors in some sort of physical challenge for which they need to be fit even if they don't fit into the "bodybuilder" category.

Hey, don't blame me for people calling their hobbies weird and unspecific names.

Big picture: http://www.celebs101.com/gallery/Monica_Brant/215148/Monica_Brant_1.jpg

Same girl.

Nikachelle wrote:Same goes for body builders likely... don't they drop ridiculous amounts of weight just so that their muscles will show up during competition season? That's not particularly healthy.

Yup. See above.
Paxen

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:58 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Image

She might not have the super model look, but she's still a beautiful woman.

I personally would not "hit that" but that has nothing to do with her size, muscle, or fitness level.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:13 pm

Amirya wrote:But is it 350 pounds of more muscle, or more fat?

Speaking from a purely superficial view... maybe 50% of both? (Realistically speaking... I have no idea. And I have no idea what kind of muscle mass you would even need to lift the over 500 pounds that she apparently can do.)

Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Arnock » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:50 pm

I never did understand why so many competitive lifters have so much bodyfat. One would think that, if you dropped 50lbs of fat, you'd be able too put that much more weight on the bar.
Arnock

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:57 pm

Not sure I see the correlation between losing fat and being able to lift more. The amount you can lift is based on muscle strength, not the fat that is/isn't covering the muscles. Granted, if you have the muscles for that, I'm not sure how much more you have to be eating to still be obese.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Arnock » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:00 pm

If I weighed 500lbs, and could squat 500lbs, My legs are lifting a total of 1000lbs off of the ground.

If I lost 100lbs of fat, without loosing significant amounts of muscle mass, shouldn't I be able to squat 600? My legs would still be lifting 1000lbs, but 100lbs of that weight would have moved from my belly to the bar.
Arnock

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:31 pm

Arnock wrote:If I weighed 500lbs, and could squat 500lbs, My legs are lifting a total of 1000lbs off of the ground.

If I lost 100lbs of fat, without loosing significant amounts of muscle mass, shouldn't I be able to squat 600? My legs would still be lifting 1000lbs, but 100lbs of that weight would have moved from my belly to the bar.

I can't claim accuracy until I go and talk to my friends who have that general shape, but that growth is part of how the body reacts and develops the muscles to lift that stuff. Body type counts a lot too: Some bodies never dissociate developing muscle mass and gaining fat.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:34 pm

In overly simplistic terms..

When you are supplying your body with excess calories, it's easier for your body to add muscle. On the flip side, if your body has decided that it needs to burn fat because it's not getting enough calories, then it's really hard to convince it to add muscle at the same time. In fact, your body will likely claim some muscle with the fat.

As a result, weight loss is a big enemy for power lifters.

Now there are weight classes in these competitions too, so for those they have to find some balance.

EDIT: Also, the mechanics involved don't really work that way. As you are going through your lift, various muscle groups are triggering, not all the weight you gain/lose is at the top of your body, so some groups don't have to deal with the extra or missing weight. For instance, you have to be able to secure and balance that squat bar on your shoulders with your upper body. To finish the left they need to be able to help lock out the weight, they aren't also lifting your ass, just the weight on top of them.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Brekkie » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:44 pm

Fridmarr wrote:In overly simplistic terms..

When you are supplying your body with excess calories, it's easier for your body to add muscle. On the flip side, if your body has decided that it needs to burn fat because it's not getting enough calories, then it's really hard to convince it to add muscle at the same time. In fact, your body will likely claim some muscle with the fat.

As a result, weight loss is a big enemy for power lifters.

Now there are weight classes in these competitions too, so for those they have to find some balance.

Beat me to it.

Building a ton of muscle requires the consumption of ridiculous amounts of calories. Not all of which will be used by the body the way you want them too, and which shedding would result in losing some of the muscle mass you are trying to build.

Thus, power lifters tend to be fat.

There is a reason why most special forces and triathlon competitors look pretty much like average dudes in decent, but unexceptional shape. But they will whoop your butt at pretty much every activity. People who are super fit are physically jacks of all trades, masters of none, if you will. Being exceptional in any one area like strength or endurance tends to come at a compromise of other areas of fitness.
Theckhd wrote:big numbers are the in-game way of expressing that Brekkie's penis is huge.
Brekkie

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum