Theramore's Fall

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Theramore's Fall

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:55 am

Skye1013 wrote:
Fenrìr wrote:Totally unimpressed by it. I was really expecting some RP to have been put in instead of ~goblin drops bomb~ opening. Especially considering with how big this is.

I know the blues have stated this is not intended to be the prelaunch event...but they've got nothing else slated.

They've got less than a week... how much are they planning on adding for prelaunch between now and then?

I'm going to go with less than 1.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Malkieri » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:34 am

I enjoyed it for what it is (& what I expected it to be, so maybe the lower expectation threshold helped): a silly no-thought-needed aoe zerg fest, that doesn't need to be concerned with particular roles, & that I can do in 15mins during some down time without paying too much attention.
I will probably run scenarios at MoP level cap from time to time as an alternative to running a 5-man which I don't always feel like slogging through.
(As an aside I seem to have been lucky with bugs as I ran the silly thing 3 times quick last night, in guild groups and in a fully pugged group...and we had zero bugs../weird)
Malkieri

Postby Zalaria » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:36 am

What were you guys expecting? Scenarios are a replacement for group quest, which were pretty underwhelming to begin with. Bugs shoulda been fixed, but expecting some super-amazing thing from scenarios is just bad expectations. They can't do too much with the requirement of no tank and no heals.

They never planned to have a world event for Mists. They said so. It's too much development effort for one week, when that effort could be put somewhere more long-lasting. Theramore is just a scenario. Nothing more, nothing less. They put it at 85 to give us a preview of scenarios and because story-wise it makes sense to see it before Mists hits.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:09 am

TBH I don't understand why they're raising it to level 90 after. There are already plenty of high level scenarios, and this one makes sense sitting between Cata and MoP - they should have designed it for 85 in the first place, and launched it a little earlier.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Newsom » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:13 am

To be fair, I find the new scenario format to be enjoyable. Difficulty of it feels spot on (especially when trying it out on my low geared alts).

I just thought this one was way too short and action-free for such a huge lore event. It had so much potential...
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:49 am

Skye1013 wrote:
Fenrìr wrote:Totally unimpressed by it. I was really expecting some RP to have been put in instead of ~goblin drops bomb~ opening. Especially considering with how big this is.

I know the blues have stated this is not intended to be the prelaunch event...but they've got nothing else slated.

They've got less than a week... how much are they planning on adding for prelaunch between now and then?

I think they meant more new content NEXT week. aka... expansion launch. /facepalm
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:50 am

Which does tie with their mentionning of pre-launch events being a bit of a waste for 1-2 weeks of game time.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:52 am

The alliance version of the scenario is such a letdown.

Hope the horde one is better.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:53 am

Sagara wrote:Which does tie with their mentionning of pre-launch events being a bit of a waste for 1-2 weeks of game time.

Except that pre-expansion launches DO generally seem to get people pretty hyped for the next expansion. It's always worked for me anyway. But maybe that's their problem. They realized they were only getting people excited who already had subscriptions... it's pretty much inevitable that all of us who are currently subbed will also be playing MoP. They don't need to get us excited anymore... they've already got us hooked.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:55 am

Worldie wrote:The alliance version of the scenario is such a letdown.

Hope the horde one is better.

Not much difference tbh. Same style - visit boats, click on cogwheels, defeat "bosses" in the same areas, etc.

The most hilarious part I found, is that the horde had no idea where to go inside the alliance keep. Having "grown up alliance", I had to giggle as they went in circles around themselves trying to figure out where to go.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:57 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Sagara wrote:Which does tie with their mentionning of pre-launch events being a bit of a waste for 1-2 weeks of game time.

Except that pre-expansion launches DO generally seem to get people pretty hyped for the next expansion. It's always worked for me anyway. But maybe that's their problem. They realized they were only getting people excited who already had subscriptions... it's pretty much inevitable that all of us who are currently subbed will also be playing MoP. They don't need to get us excited anymore... they've already got us hooked.

'Afraid so. My intellectual side tells me it makes sense, and to just go with for the AoE romp-fest. My nerd side goes all *raaaage* - the only cool thing Horde-side is getting your face smashed by a Jaina/Kalec/Rohnin magic CO-CO-COMBOOOOOOOO!

For the keep part, it's weird - many human enemies use the keep structure, like in the Scarlet enclave in Dragonblight. Without playing much Alliance-side, I already had an intuitive knowledge of the keep structure.

Sagara

Postby Newsom » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:20 am

What is Kalec doing there, anyway?
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Sagara » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:33 am

Sexin' himself some hot Human backside, methinks.

AFAIK it's explained in the novel Tides of War. I'll avoid spoilers, but it should probably be a no-brainer to find.

Sagara

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:33 am

KysenMurrin wrote:
Sagara wrote:Guess so. It feels rushed, mostly. Insanely long queues for something so basic, a couple bugs that shouldn't even be there (I'm betting they tested everything nice and slow, but not at the fast pace players prefer), a very short cutscene that seemed rather basic, not much interaction for us as it's mostly kill kill kill!

It's been up on the beta, so it's had plenty of players through it at their normal pace...

no it hasn't... I thought they specifically never put it up on beta?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:44 am

What am I, a reporter? Am I expected to fact check my posts?

(:P woops)
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to General