Remove Advertisements

Theramore's Fall

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Theramore's Fall

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:28 pm

So sad :(

I thought this thing granted loot? Or is it like, Halloween Boss random?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Re: Theramore's Fall

Postby Newsom » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:35 pm

You get a grab bag at the end which contains:
- 150 JP (I think, and more with guild perks, I keep getting ~160-something)
- A chance at either 5 Fireworks or a piece of loot appropriate to your spec and class (either a weapon/shield or a helm)
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:45 pm

a chance??? bah
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Amirya » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:42 pm

2/2 of fucking fireworks

Also, color me underwhelmed. I'll finish it on everyone just to get a feel for the toons I've been ignoring, but so far? Bleh
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:54 pm

So can we officially start calling it 'Theramore's Fail' yet? :)
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Sagara » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:20 pm

Guess so. It feels rushed, mostly. Insanely long queues for something so basic, a couple bugs that shouldn't even be there (I'm betting they tested everything nice and slow, but not at the fast pace players prefer), a very short cutscene that seemed rather basic, not much interaction for us as it's mostly kill kill kill!

To be completely fair, though, Scenarios do seem to have potential. Blizzard should accept to spend more time on Scenarios to make them more appealing. A good example would be the "Death Knight attack New Avalon and break out Koltira". Cut it very short with Destroy Scarlet camp -> Create a breach and conquer the church -> Break Koltira out -> Regroup and annihilate the Scarlet Crusade with a frost wyrm -> Eliminate the local Scarlet commander on foot.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:02 am

Is there a FoS for completing it?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Shamora » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:20 am

Skye1013 wrote:Is there a FoS for completing it?

Yes
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:30 am

Sagara wrote:Guess so. It feels rushed, mostly. Insanely long queues for something so basic, a couple bugs that shouldn't even be there (I'm betting they tested everything nice and slow, but not at the fast pace players prefer), a very short cutscene that seemed rather basic, not much interaction for us as it's mostly kill kill kill!

It's been up on the beta, so it's had plenty of players through it at their normal pace...
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:40 am

/facepalm worthy then. I can "get" pulling the trash on the final task Alliance-side bugging out, but a freaking tank not being counted as "destroyed" is beyond words.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:48 am

Totally unimpressed by it. I was really expecting some RP to have been put in instead of ~goblin drops bomb~ opening. Especially considering with how big this is.

I know the blues have stated this is not intended to be the prelaunch event...but they've got nothing else slated.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby culhag » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:36 am

KysenMurrin wrote:It's been up on the beta, so it's had plenty of players through it at their normal pace...

I'm pretty sure the Theramore scenario has never been tested publicly.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:16 am

welp

that was underwhelming

• An untested, bug-ridden mini-instance with no structure and hardly any point. 6 runs, 4 bugged runs where the instance needed to be reset.

• A screen was so full of text telling me what was happening and what to do next that I thought I was reading a tutorial for EVE Online. I was hoping that we'd see less of this in MoP, but that's clearly not going to be the case.

• Suspicions that Blue has completely forgotten how to use the video game as an interactive storytelling medium continue to be confirmed. Hopes for MoP: could not be lower.

Blizz used to be a pretty cool guy. I really feel bad for the creative teams behind their current games, because those people have obviously put a whole lot of heart and soul into products that continue to be flawed on a technical and business level.
Invisusira

Postby Lieris » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:45 am

Well this confirms for me that scenarios are naff filler content with no challenge. When the fall of Theramore was first revealed I was expecting a big event surrounding it with lots of build up and quests. Instead we get this. If it was not supposed to be a pre-expansion event then it begs the question, why wasn't there one? There has been no new content in this game for 10 months and their way of ushering in the new expansion is "buy Tides of War, available from all book stores now!". Real classy, I see my subscription money is really going places.

Looking at the achievement list, there are a lot of scenarios and yet there are only 6 new dungeons. The thing I enjoy the most (Tank-DPS-Healer) used to be the core of the game, now it's fighting for development time with scenarios, daily quest hubs and pokemon.

That's really sad.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:52 am

Fenrìr wrote:Totally unimpressed by it. I was really expecting some RP to have been put in instead of ~goblin drops bomb~ opening. Especially considering with how big this is.

I know the blues have stated this is not intended to be the prelaunch event...but they've got nothing else slated.

They've got less than a week... how much are they planning on adding for prelaunch between now and then?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to General