Mass Effect - Best RPG series of all time?

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Mass Effect - Best RPG series of all time?

Postby Arkesh » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:31 pm

I did enjoy Mordin's storyline throughout ME2 and 3, he's never going to be someone that I can see myself taking in a squad, but as far as friendly scientists go, I'd have no other. On the flipside of that... I can't really see myself not saving Ashley, Jacob will probably always die too... (I really have never liked Cerberus) I think once I'm home from work tomorrow I'll fire up ME1 and start a new story.

I actually didn't realise it was the same person who voiced the trooper and femshep until I was halfway through ME3. Nor did I realise that Ashley's appearance was based on Erica Cerra whom I've watched in Eureka for years, I figured it was just a coincidence. I'ma have to pay attention for Adam Baldwin and Michael Dorn's voices. I did recognise Claudia Black, probably helped by her appearance with Kate Mulgrew in Dragon Age: Origins and Marina Sirtis.

As for the romance options, I didn't realise there was such a thing until Traynor asked if she could use my shower. I'm definitely gonna have to spend a lot more time exploring in ME1 rather than doing what I'm told and rushing to save the galaxy. I spent three times as much time in ME2 and 3 and I wish I had just dawdled a bit more in the first. I think I'll be reading most of the Codex entries as well this time through, I've probably missed a frackton of lore in those.

I don't think I've geeked out this much about any fictional universe before. I'm gonna have to get the books when I'm done with the comics and my uncle's shop has a fantastic scale model of the Normandy, if it's still there the next time I'm there I'm definitely getting it. I feel like I should be a recurring cast member of The Big Bang Theory...
Arkesh

Postby Torquemada » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:46 pm

In ME1 I generally played with Liara and Garrus. In 2, I stuck with Miranda or Samara and Garrus. In 3, Liara and Garrus. That said, Mordin is probably my favorite companion for dialog:

Torquemada

Postby Passionario » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:23 pm

Torquemada wrote:He asked for no spoilers. But that said, are you telling me that EVERYONE involved in that part of the story has a happy ending? EVERYONE?

For a given value of "happy".
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:23 am

Arkesh wrote:I feel like I should be a recurring cast member of The Big Bang Theory...

Don't insult yourself like that.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Arkesh » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:41 am

In ME1 I spent most of my time with Ash and Garrus, then in ME2 it shifted to Tali (Dem probes too stronk) and Garrus then ME3 kinda forced me to take a biotic for the cerberus guys with shields so Liara and Ash ended up being my team most of the time. I'm not going in with a plan for this playthrough other than being a bit different to the previous one, I'll probably still distrust Cerberus and I'll probably still just be a boring Soldier although I might opt for an Adept... I'll see.

Just waiting for Bring Down the Sky to finish downloading then I'll get started.
Arkesh

Postby aureon » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:16 am

Torquemada wrote:He asked for no spoilers. But that said, are you telling me that EVERYONE involved in that part of the story has a happy ending? EVERYONE?

In my opinion, yes. It's arguable, but in my view, everyone has it the absolute best it could go.
aureon

Postby Torquemada » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:58 pm

Shepard-Commander?
Torquemada

Postby Passionario » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:51 am

If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:39 am

Aug 28th is the release date for the leviathan dlc
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Torquemada » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:59 pm

Torquemada

Postby Arkesh » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:38 am

So I've been trying to play through the series again. I say trying because I've rolled a male Shepard and I have a problem. He sounds like a 12 year old boy. His voice doesn't inspire me to follow him to the shops, how can I realisticly expect a crew to follow him on a suicide mission? I was hoping that it was just nerves after finding out he was a spectre candidate... but no. I'm sorry Bioware, but after the fantastic casting of the female Shepard, I just can't believe in the other Shepard. It doesn't need to be Michael Ironside, but I'd sooner follow Niel Patrick Harris into the unknown than Mark "Meek" Meer.

Rant over.
Arkesh

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:50 am

Arkesh wrote:I'd sooner follow Niel Patrick Harris into the unknown than Mark "Meek" Meer.

NPH is awesome, so yes, I'd definitely follow him into the unknown.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Arkesh » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:29 am

Skye1013 wrote:
Arkesh wrote:I'd sooner follow Niel Patrick Harris into the unknown than Mark "Meek" Meer.

NPH is awesome, so yes, I'd definitely follow him into the unknown.

He is, I wasn't questioning his awesomeness, but I wouldn't say his voice has your average war hero charisma to it. Just my opinion.
Arkesh

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:50 pm

---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:16 pm

I gave in and bought Leviathan and Omega...

Leviathan is pretty darn good! Specially because it expands more on the origins of the Reapers and whatnot...

Omega? Not so much -- the most interesting part is Aria had a love relationship with a female turian in the past...
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games