League of Legends

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: League of Legends

Postby Arkesh » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:27 pm

Just fallen back in love with Maokai jungle again. Took a lesson from TheOddOne and rushed boots of mobilty, unnofficially aced the team in under 3 mins with ganks. Though by the end of the game ezreal had managed to perfect his arcane shift + flash combo resulting in me getting dragged along for miles, fun but irritating. I need to play more of him and shyv in ranked, keep getting teams that do no damage mid-late game, maokai can pack a punch mid game. Shyv is just my favouritist dragonlady ever, but the lack of real ganking potential early puts me off in ranked, same with skarner.
Arkesh

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:58 pm

Might have just been the team I was going up against, but had some fun with Amumu. Started out getting a few early kills (just barely missed First Blood) and by the end of the match, I was easily surviving 2v1, and usually surviving 3v1. Kill count wasn't amazing, but I still had fun.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby aureon » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:18 am

Memo for me: When the ranked karma decides to fuck you over, it's done.
First game: Jax top, 4/0 in 10 minutes,
Meanwhile, the combined score of the botlane is 0/19.
Second game: Jax top, 3/0 in 10 minutes, with no friendly ganks, #1 in CKs of both teams.
Botlane has given 9 kills and gotten none, the jungler is crashing repeteadly, and the mid is 0/5/0.
aureon

Postby Arkesh » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:59 pm

Grr, I hate soloqueue. It's so damned hard to communicate in champ select when people just don't talk until you have 10 secs left to pick your champ. Just had to dodge a queue after asking Xin and Ali if they were jungling, ali said no, xin didn't reply, so I assumed he was gonna go top as he didn't have smite. So I picked Shyvana then Xin and the mid he queued with both raged at me... Fucking learn how to type then. I don't know if the amount of languages in europe is part of it, but people only speak to rage at someone... I don't think anyone realises that through half decent communication rage can be avoided 99% of the time. /facedesk
Arkesh

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:54 pm

Ok, so someone please explain to me how runes work...

Do I buy each type once and can use them as often as I want?

Is each rune usable once per rune page?

Does each rune only fill one slot, so I'll ultimately have to spend a shit ton of IP/RP to fill out multiple rune pages?
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Gab » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:24 am

Skye1013 wrote:Does each rune only fill one slot, so I'll ultimately have to spend a shit ton of IP/RP to fill out multiple rune pages?

This one. You need 9x of seals/glyphs/marks and 3x quints per rune page. You can use the same 9 runes (3 quints) on multiple pages.

Haven't played a lot lately thanks to DotA 2 but from my experience there are some glyphs which are pretty much universally useful. So they make good starting points.

Marks: Flat Armor Pen, Flat Magic Pen
Seals: Flat Armor, Flat Health
Glyphs: Flat/Per Level CDR, Flat/Per Level MR
Quints: Flat Health, Flat Armor Pen, Flat Magic Pen

I hear there are some new glyphs as well as some nerfs that happened at some point. Someone who still plays regularly might be able to give you more up to date advice.

Edit: I'm pretty sure it's already been mentioned but don't waste IP on T2 glyphs, it's almost always better to save up for T3 glyphs. The only exception might be the holiday runes, they are T2.5 basically and are priced at (or below?) T2 prices. For example I didn't play Jax much when the old dodge mechanic was around but when the holiday dodge runes were up for sale I snagged some just to try him out. It's still going to be better in the long run just to save up for T3, but the holiday runes are decent filler for the price.
Gab

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:19 pm

^Thanks.

I've been working on learning how to play Ezreal and in doing so I think I've found a common link amongst the champs I enjoy: skillshots. Not sure if it's the inherent challenge or what, but of the ones I've played the most (Amumu, Ezreal, Sivir, Twitch) three of them have skillshots. I suppose you could argue Twitch's ult is somewhat of a skillshot as well (trying to hit multiple enemies, or using creep to hit champs behind them.)

Does anyone here use the "smart casting" option when playing? While reading the guides for Ezreal, a number of them have suggested utilizing this feature.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Arkesh » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:27 am

I don't have smartcasting enabled as the default setting, but I do use Shift + Q-R for just about everything. I tend to just use the targeted cast if I want to take my time and make sure it gets everything I want, for example Morgana's W on a minion wave. But in a team fight where I need to be unloading damage as fast as I can I'll be smart casting. It is just so much quicker to smart cast on most champions, but especially ones like Ryze where you can drop three abilities in less than a second.
Arkesh

Postby _Chloe » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:46 am

If anyone wants to friend me on LoL, summoner name is Oobies.
_Chloe

Postby Aubade » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:47 pm

O.o I didn't know you were still alive _Chloe! Long time no see. NA Summoner? or EU?

Also; more people from Mtadin should add me, I'm on pretty often in the evenings, and in my "Maintankadin" Friend folder, there's like 2 people.. pretty sad haha.

Aubade - NA
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
- Aubade Level 88+ Blood Elf Paladin - BloodScalp - Casual
- Awbade Level 85+ Blood Elf Death Knight - BloodScalp - Casual
- Awbabe Level 85+ Undead Mage - BloodScalp - Casual
Aubade

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:47 pm

I had sent you a request Aubade (two or three times), but haven't seen you added to my list. Do both people have to be online for it to work properly?

Xilrache - NA
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:48 pm

I see you!! I'm gonna be on all night for the next 8 hours or so while I'm working!

Aubade

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:14 pm

Played a few games with Aubade and _Chloe yesterday. Good times (even though we lost all but the last one.) I think I did better with my last hitting, but worse when it came to getting kills. I blame this partly on the fact that we were facing lvl 30/decently high ELO teams.

On the other hand, went back to solo queues after they logged off and was dominating Vlad in mid with Ezreal :D. Worked out great until he moved to top and Garen/Teemo took turns in mid to try and prevent me getting fed.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:40 pm

Yeah I have no clue what was wrong with me last night but I was sucking baddddd.

I normally do pretty well haha.
Aubade

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:11 pm

I think the reason I have so much trouble with last hitting is because it's so hard to just wait around for the creep to get low. I feel like I'm not contributing if I don't attack them. This is lessened when I'm able to harass the opposing team, but then I'm still not last hitting half the time (because I'm distracted with the enemy champs.)
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:03 am

Try looking around the map while you're waiting. Also move a lot haha. Just need to get used to it. I normally end my matches as AD carrys with easily 100+ more CS then the enemy team and it REALLY shows late game.
Aubade

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:44 pm

CS is so much easier to build up in mid/late game though, so looking at the ending totals isn't really a great way to determine your last hit capabilities.

Side note: I started playing around with Soraka as a possible support for me. Not too bad, just need to figure out the best timing for Wish and not go so crazy with heal/aoe spam XD. Of course, I usually only do the aoe when harassing/going for the kill on enemy champs (or late game, to clear out some creep about to down a turret.) Mana seems to be a small issue if my lane partner is very aggressive (and is bad at avoiding hits) though I'm sure some of that will smooth out once I unlock the tier 3 runes. According to the item/mastery build, there isn't a lot of mp regen built into them, so either it's assuming her base regen is enough, or the runes balance it out.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:17 am

Anyone else notice there is a new base skin for Miss Fortune? Or at least it looks new, the pic is definitely different.

New champ seems interesting as well.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:44 am

Aha! Apparently I just need to be a jungler...

I might not have gotten many kills, but the only minion I died to was Baron!
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:50 am

Skye1013 wrote:Anyone else notice there is a new base skin for Miss Fortune? Or at least it looks new, the pic is definitely different.

New champ seems interesting as well.

It's a new artwork for her in game splash and champ select.

Also; yes, Jungling is fun. A lot of hard work, and you get blamed for A LOT of stuff that isn't your fault. But it's definitely fun, one of my favorite positions to play, outside of solo-top.

Lastly, LOL@ You dying to baron! That was pretty funny =]

Btw, baron attacks the person closest to him in case you didn't know.

Been fun playing with you at night recently!
Aubade

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:11 am

If I hadn't started at less than half hp, I might have survived a bit better. Also, 2 ranged + me melee doesn't really give me many options outside of being the closest :P.

Edit: Will be 18 soon! Might try to get to 20 this weekend (maybe at least 19) depending on what days my friend has off.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:39 am

I <3 Jungle Amumu. Might just be that I'm getting better from being decimated at the higher ELOs (when grouping with Aubade.) Or it might just be that jungling is my role, honestly I don't know, but damned if I'm not tearing it up with him.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:51 pm

Skye1013 wrote:If I hadn't started at less than half hp, I might have survived a bit better. Also, 2 ranged + me melee doesn't really give me many options outside of being the closest :P.

Edit: Will be 18 soon! Might try to get to 20 this weekend (maybe at least 19) depending on what days my friend has off.

well you usually rotate off, since he also puts a stacking debuff on whomever he's attacking that allows him to do more and more damage over time (to prevent soloing!) So usually you rotate in/out with the rest of your team =P Stay in until you can't take it anymore, then run out and let someone else soak the damage for awhile.

Also; good to know you like jungling! That'll make playing with you a lot easier haha. I'm gonna be on in about 15 minutes, and will be for the rest of the night if you wannaplay!
Aubade

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:53 pm

:(
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby _Chloe » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:17 pm

Skye1013 wrote::(

Working on it.

EDIT: Normal Games back up
_Chloe

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games