Tankadin Spreadsheet, testing needed.

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Tankadin Spreadsheet, testing needed.

Postby hightin » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:05 am

So first off huge thank you to Theck, he helped me find some problems I missed and gave me permission to steal his spreadsheet.

What this is is a gearing spreadsheet, done in excel, with a lot of functions. For the short list you can pick your piece, gem and enchant it, reforge it. Pick buffs, lvl 75 talent, and professions for the profession bonuses. All the stats will auto fill into Theck's spreadsheet and spit out at the top the avoidance reccomendation from his sheet and fill in the gear ranking side from his stat weights.

I will be doing a formal write up but what I really need is a few people on the beta to fill in their gear and gems and enchants and tell me if the avoidance/hp/armor values match with what is on the beta as of right now. The ranking system is based off the stat weights generated by Theck's spreadsheet. Also, the availability filter only filters gear from the rankings, and I do know the ranking isn't working right on trinkets and I'm not sure how to fix it as of right now. The reason it's not working right is because there is 2 items or more with the same stats aka stat weights so they are being given the same rank. I may remove the trinket suggestions entirely as they are mostly situational and the stam ones don't even have a stat weight associated.

Quick note for the human racial weapon expertise and the draenei hit I converted those straight into rating so the rating number on the sheet and in game wont match, the % chance will though. I figured it was easier trying to reforge using the spreadsheet knowing the global rating goal rather than memorizing what you need based on race/class/weapon/whatnot.

If there is anything gear wise you would like to see added please let me know. I excluded everything with crit on it and the ret tier gear, also anything below ilvl 430 was excluded as the lists are already very long.

Thank you in advance for your time.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bz1Kxm ... 0U2WXJDRTA
hightin

Re: Tankadin Spreadsheet, testing needed.

Postby propal » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:10 pm

Seems like a nice idea, however I get a problem when converting to google doc (dont have excel), i wont get any kind of dropdown menu which im guessing is ment to appear. anyone got any tip to fix this? (not that used to spreadsheets in excel form, so probably making noob mistakes here anyway).
propal

Postby hightin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:13 am

propal wrote:Seems like a nice idea, however I get a problem when converting to google doc (dont have excel), i wont get any kind of dropdown menu which im guessing is ment to appear. anyone got any tip to fix this? (not that used to spreadsheets in excel form, so probably making noob mistakes here anyway).

I don't know anything about google docs except that I couldn't get it to appear correctly which is why I have it on its own download. Wish I could help but I also don't have a clue how open office works either. Sorry.
hightin

Postby Destruktive » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:56 pm

Please add the ret tier gear as well. It can be worth it to wear 2piece ret and prot instead of 4p prot, depending on the situation and set bonuses.
Actually, it would be great to see all plate gear on the list imo.
Destruktive

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:05 pm

Destruktive wrote:Actually, it would be great to see all plate gear on the list imo.

Except Holy... since I hope you aren't trying tank with spirit gear.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Nooska » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:13 am

I'll quickly support that - the ret t14 helm is worth more than the prot t14 helm for prot if going the HEM(h) gearing route (and if my calculations on it are correct ofcourse)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta