Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.0.4 stuff

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.0.4 stuff

Postby Amirya » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:21 am

Great stuff with the zone entrance wall-o-text. Found one even better.

Roommate and I decided to go run SM and Scholo to see the new stuff. I have the RAF rocket, so I was flying us from SM to Scholo. Soon as we crossed into WPL, he was booted off the rocket and disconnected.

Granted, could be entirely coincidental, but we forgot to test it in his excitement of farming the first boss for something he wanted for transmog (only to get the too many instances error).
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:40 pm

Was doing the quests in Zangarmarsh on my druid. The one where you have to talk to the broken guy in the southern ruin (and are transformed into a broken, or whatever it is, to do so) was amusing when I "shifted" into Flight Form to fly away. I was basically swimming in the air as a broken. :D
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Hawkslayer » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:39 am

Wintergrasp is pretty borked due to the cross-realm zones. While doing my weekly mammoth run with some friends, we had a good laugh watching the horde and alliance NPC's fighting each other on the steps in front of the relic chamber. They seem to respawn infinitely and engage each other. The system doesn't seem to really know who has ownership in this cross-realm world. It's quite amusing.
Hawkslayer

Postby Zobel » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:20 am

Hawkslayer wrote:Wintergrasp is pretty borked due to the cross-realm zones. While doing my weekly mammoth run with some friends, we had a good laugh watching the horde and alliance NPC's fighting each other on the steps in front of the relic chamber. They seem to respawn infinitely and engage each other. The system doesn't seem to really know who has ownership in this cross-realm world. It's quite amusing.

It's amusing only until the second or third time you've demolished the walls and claimed the keep only to find that victory's been awarded to the other (completely absent) side.

Or the second or third time you've demolished the towers only to have to wait out the rest of the full 30 minutes.

I suppose it'd be more amusing if Wintergrasp Veteran were lowered from 100 to 25 victories, as they did with Tol Barad Veteran. Then it'd all be for shits and giggles (and a weekly mammoth run).
Zobel

Postby Lieris » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:13 am

Whenever I tried to mount while in water on my paladin alt I would get errors saying I needed apprentice riding skill. Now when I try to mount it says I need master riding skill. Looking forward to seeing what new error I get at level 80 once I have bought master riding.

Also none of the anvils in Dalaran work but crafting inside the engineering/AH room works fine.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenris » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:13 pm

So,i finally tested stuff in a raid (avoided anything above questing inside the beta)

-i'll never remember to refresh the buff from hammer of the righteous before it expires
-i'll never remember to refresh SS *same as above*

:lol:

:cry:

Oh...I almost forgot

-tankswapping really,really,reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly sucks
-aoe tanking when you have to split stuff with the other tank but one of the 2 gets to the pack first sucks as well
-after 2 months and half not seeing it,i still hate DS
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Hrobertgar » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:38 pm

Well, I am happy that the latest mini-patch at least seems to have solved my phasing-zone-lag issue. No more staring at a frozen screen for 30-secs every time I cross a boarder. I still hate phasing though.

I haven't done much content since 5.0.4 hit. Tanked DS once, and ran a couple of Heroics, and some normal mode Cata dungeons to help level a guildee. I will say I REALLY miss Righteous Defense, the sprint mobility and sacred shield talents totally do not make up for its loss. (I put sacred shield on a squishy who regularly focuses an add other than mine). I have also run several older dungeons on a lowbie and didn't notice much.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:11 pm

So my Orb of the Sindorei changed my regular belf appearance. Not complaining though, my old one was hideous.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:08 pm

I *think* the orb is bugged and shows the same look to everyone. Blonde belf with ponytail?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:10 pm

Worldie wrote:I *think* the orb is bugged and shows the same look to everyone. Blonde belf with ponytail?

That's the one.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Hrobertgar » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:45 pm

After flying around Hellfire Penninsula I did actually find something positive to say about it. While flying around I noticed that players WERE actually taking the overlook, etc, that there was in fact PvP type of interaction ongoing, which really hasn't been the case since Wrath Launched and Outland became depopulated.

However, overall I still hate the phasing, as resources such as rare spawns will drive me more crazy than more engaging competition for PvP type of objectives can really make up for. Phasing will mean that the rare spawns will forever be almost impossible to finish farming as they will always phase enough to beef up the competition to where they are impossible to get unless they spawn under you while you are paying attention, sigh.

The only thing i can think of to counter phasing is to move into a zone as a group of 5, or even a raid and then fly the path. Presumably being grouped would force all of you into the same 'phase' and thus limit the number of available spots for other players not in your group and reducing unwanted artificial competition. Getting a large premade group together for such farming though .... good luck with that.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Fenrìr » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:42 am

Went to Molten Front randomly and was a bit amazed at the amount of corpses I saw, lol.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:42 pm

Anyone else noticed that since the patch their quest objectives don't load properly (saying "- 0/6" with no text for example) for quite a while, and quest items spend a long time "Retrieving item information"?
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby econ21 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:50 pm

Hrobertgar wrote:After flying around Hellfire Penninsula I did actually find something positive to say about it. While flying around I noticed that players WERE actually taking the overlook, etc, that there was in fact PvP type of interaction ongoing, which really hasn't been the case since Wrath Launched and Outland became depopulated.

Yea, I have joined the world defence chat channel and keep getting messages about the horde taking objectives. I wonder if I were to fly there, would the situation on the ground be as declared in chat? i.e. are the automated messages smart to cross-realm zoning?
econ21

Postby degre » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:49 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Anyone else noticed that since the patch their quest objectives don't load properly (saying "- 0/6" with no text for example) for quite a while, and quest items spend a long time "Retrieving item information"?

Could be some addon, the basic UI appears to be updating just fine.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Previous

Return to General