Remove Advertisements

Are there ways to make Firefox behave properly?

Hardware, software, geek stuff

Moderators: laterna, Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Are there ways to make Firefox behave properly?

Postby Lieris » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:21 pm

I have recently had to switch because Safari on Snow Leopard is completely deprecated and I am not massively impressed:

Sometimes when I want to open a new tab it refuses. I have to click somewhere inside the browser window first. I think it's because of flash videos taking keyboard focus?

I have to click on a tab to get the X to display to close it so closing a tab requires two clicks.

When I click on the green light the entire window maximises. Completely un-maclike.

The text rendering looks terrible compared to Safari. Is that an issue with Gecko?

If anyone has any idea how to fix these it would be much appreciated! Firefox has certain addons that make it much more appealing than Chrome.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Re: Are there ways to make Firefox behave properly?

Postby Fetzie » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:33 pm

Have you updated to the newest flash version? the last version didn't work very well with Firefox but the new version seems to work fairly well.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Re: Are there ways to make Firefox behave properly?

Postby Lieris » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:55 pm

Come to think of it, yeah, there was a flash update yesterday and it seems to have fixed it. :)
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Return to Tech Stuff