Diablo 3 is live!

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Diablo 3 is live!

Postby Flex » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:10 am

I actually logged out in my progression gear for once.

I swap out the necklace, gloves, bracers and a ring for crit chance/damage when I need more DPS, I also have a second Hallowed weapon to retain the set piece so I can dual wield for a DPS bump in farm content. I have a "better" helm with a socket, more vit and more AR, but less armor so it is a wash, but this was 500K so I wanted to mess with block for a bit.

I'm still not sold on LoH for Barbarians when compared to Monks, it just isn't strong enough unless you can get around 2K LoH.

Also the replacement boots for Sage's Seekers are so much worse. No run speed by default.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:41 am

One legendary drop later, finally I clear the game myself!

Damn Diablo was intense. I had to go for heavy LoH to survive the hits from the clone.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nordix » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:39 pm

WTS legendary ilvl 63 boots: Ice climbers (Int version)
EU/SC
Nordixx#2264
Nordix

Postby Epimer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:00 pm

I got my Barbarian to level 60 today. I've now cleared Act 1 using a WW build with around 200k spent on gear (20 minutes of sniping on imminently ending auctions did a world of good), along with a belt and a weapon I found on my WD. It almost feels like cheating.

I think I'll get stomped in Act 2 though, given that I have really low resistances.
Epimer

Postby Flex » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:38 am

I've been messing around on my Barb now that I get enough gold coming in that I can try things just to try them.

18% bonus damage to Elites. 11% bonus damage to demons is my latest gear set. Base damage of 24K in a mostly survival get up. Most of the bonus to elite stuff can be found for under 500K.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Flex » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:23 am

I bought a Sever to see what it does. It auto-crits killing blows for up to 3 million damage. This works with Life Steal abilities and gear stat. The largest heal I have received from a KB was about 42K health with 5.8% life steal.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:25 am

So after finishing Inferno on my Barb I'm now up with my wizard.
After having a relatively easy time till Obsessor, I've died a stupid amount of times in the two towers, and Cyadea pretty much raped me for 20 minutes until I actually gave up.

This is my Wizard.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Worl ... o/19637035
Beside for the obvious "you need more hp"... what kind of upgrades should i look for? More crit/critdmg/atkspeed?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:38 am

You'd probably want to swap out Glass Cannon for something else if you're having survivability issues. I'd also try to get some Crit/Crit Damage items. Preferably a weapon with a socket and sink some gold into making the best crit damage gem you have. Also Archon with the Arcane Destruction rune can get some nasty crits when used after gearing up.
Flex

Postby Passionario » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:20 am

Izual still hasn't dropped the plans for my pony staff. :(
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Shamora » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:24 pm

Epimer wrote:... I probably would have vendored them had I not looked up a spreadsheet to see what the max rolls for each item slot were to get a feel of what items were at least halfway decent.

Any chance you could pass that link along? Sounds like somethin I might find useful.
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:32 pm

Shamora wrote:
Epimer wrote:... I probably would have vendored them had I not looked up a spreadsheet to see what the max rolls for each item slot were to get a feel of what items were at least halfway decent.

Any chance you could pass that link along? Sounds like somethin I might find useful.

http://www.d3rmt.com/guides/diablo-3-it ... um-values/
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Shamora » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:14 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:
Shamora wrote:

http://www.d3rmt.com/guides/diablo-3-it ... um-values/

Thanks much! :)
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby Epimer » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:50 am

First 1.04 legendary dropped for me today:

Mediocre stat rolls (for that item) but higher DPS than any other Int Sky Splitters on the (EU, SC, Gold) AH. Can't decide whether to sell it or keep it; it's a 10k DPS upgrade for my WD but I'd quite like Zunimassa's chest and head pieces.
Epimer

Postby Worldie » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:31 am

So uhm I'm at Diablo. How does a ranged class kill diablo? He damages me too much with his aoe and teleporting and meleeing me, my lifesteal is not enough to heal up.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Epimer » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:23 am

1) Don't get hit by his AoE

2) He only teleports to you if you get too close to the edges of the platform (including the inner edges, if you see what I mean). Stick to the middle bits of the platform and he doesn't teleport. The same is true in phase 2.

Generally, I kept my distance as much as possible and slowly wittled him down. Treat his various ranged attacks as one-shot mechanics (which they might or might not be, depending on your HP/resistances) because there's no need to eat them.
Epimer

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games