Guild Wars 2

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Guild Wars 2

Postby Arkesh » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:21 am

Era wrote:Bloody hell. :shock: :shock:

It's like the Iron Man, Juggernaut and Spawn had a massive lovechild. What is that set? :?:

It's the mending set from story quests in the 50-60 region for I assume all plate wearers, maybe just guardians, not too sure. The hat is a random Exotic that I got for completing a zone and the legs I don't recall where they came from.
Arkesh

Postby Era » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:26 pm

Nice Norn you got there, Gracerath! I like that you gave him an older look - going for something similar with my guardian. Trying to get him to look somewhat similar to Tywin Lannister, although it's proving difficult when all the standard human faces looks like metrosexual little boygirls. :cry:

"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Levantine » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:51 pm

Era wrote:Nice Norn you got there, Gracerath! I like that you gave him an older look - going for something similar with my guardian. Trying to get him to look somewhat similar to Tywin Lannister, although it's proving difficult when all the standard human faces looks like metrosexual little boygirls. :cry:

ArenaNet game -> surprised at human/norn male faces being soft and youthful -> I fucking lol'd
Levantine

Postby Gracerath » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:34 am

Era wrote:Nice Norn you got there, Gracerath! I like that you gave him an older look - going for something similar with my guardian. Trying to get him to look somewhat similar to Tywin Lannister, although it's proving difficult when all the standard human faces looks like metrosexual little boygirls. :cry:

Thanks! Some of the babyface options that the Norn can choose are pretty silly.

One thing that was jarring about making an older character was going through the beginning storyline portion. It felt like I must have been the worst Norn ever if it took me that long to get my great hunt finished. I can't recall the exact line of dialogue but also talking to the blacksmith he makes some sort of comment about how he's old and we're still young etc etc. Didn't fit very well, especially since the blacksmith has a full head of brown hair and a babyface. ><
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:37 am

Gracerath wrote:Thanks! Some of the babyface options that the Norn can choose are pretty silly.

One thing that was jarring about making an older character was going through the beginning storyline portion. It felt like I must have been the worst Norn ever if it took me that long to get my great hunt finished. I can't recall the exact line of dialogue but also talking to the blacksmith he makes some sort of comment about how he's old and we're still young etc etc. Didn't fit very well, especially since the blacksmith has a full head of brown hair and a babyface. ><

Yeah. Always a problem with heavily voiced games; you just don't get the same level of customized personality (voice acting costs money, time, time is money, yada yada). For example, my initial (and continued) reaction to Lord Faren (human noble NPC) was a burning desire to see what his face looked like after some creative use of Death Magic. And what does my character do?

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON~ OH FAREN U SO SILLEH ^_^

Die.

:(
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby econ21 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:37 am

Era wrote:SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON~ OH FAREN U SO SILLEH ^_^

Die.

I am glad it's not just me. I guess you only have to put up with that twit if you choose the human noble background? I am so wishing I went for street urchin now.
econ21

Postby bldavis » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:44 am

<-- is glad my thief is commoner

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Gracerath » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:33 am

I won't make a human character. I can barely stand seeing Logan Thackeray in the wee bit of story I see him in as my Norn (shit dealing with Destiny's Edge mostly. Anyone who's read "Edge of Destiny" knows why! I agree with Rytlock)
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:48 am

good lord i love Rytlock

AC though...can DIAF

it might have been just me, but my run in there made the worst pugs in wow look like a walk in the park
i couldnt dodge roll out of anything in combat (could easily dodge roll out of traps, but only after we had cleared the room and no mobs were there)
also, i must be completely confused about how aggro works in GW, as i do one heal or attack on the opposite side of the room from a mob, with all 4 party members between us attacking away, and boom instant agro and instantly downed state

it got the the point after we rescued Eir that i couldnt take it anymore
1 1/2 hrs, we had done one boss and the trash talk was starting

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Gracerath » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:37 pm

Ascalon Catacombs is definitely a challenging experience for their very first dungeon. There are a few trash packs that are particularly brutal, namely the rangers. I haven't exactly figured out aggro yet but it is supposed to be mostly proximity based. There are a few other factors obviously cause I've had the same thing where they all glue to me for some weird reason when I'm not doing anything obvious that might be drawing aggro. In that case, you hopefully have a snare or stun and you pray someone else starts pounding on them. Else.. kite!

The place does benefit from some coordination. Marking targets, having someone who brings some support abilities to remove conditions and apply boons to your party. I had the smoothest run yet the other day when I was playing with my friends while I was using support banners and warhorn with my warrior. Banners with regen and warhorn abilities to remove conditions.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:59 pm

Gracerath wrote:Ascalon Catacombs is definitely a challenging experience for their very first dungeon. There are a few trash packs that are particularly brutal, namely the rangers. I haven't exactly figured out aggro yet but it is supposed to be mostly proximity based. There are a few other factors obviously cause I've had the same thing where they all glue to me for some weird reason when I'm not doing anything obvious that might be drawing aggro. In that case, you hopefully have a snare or stun and you pray someone else starts pounding on them. Else.. kite!

The place does benefit from some coordination. Marking targets, having someone who brings some support abilities to remove conditions and apply boons to your party. I had the smoothest run yet the other day when I was playing with my friends while I was using support banners and warhorn with my warrior. Banners with regen and warhorn abilities to remove conditions.

that was me with my elixar gun
healing circle, removal of coniditions, application of boons ... all in one weapon kit

the part that really got to me was when everyone started bitching at me for not doing anything
its like have you not seen the healing circle i have dropped for you repeatedly? the fact your conditions dont last real long when you are where i can get to you?

it was bad

bldavis

Postby Gracerath » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:50 pm

Yeah people need to understand that those types of abilities actually have a pretty short range. I had to tell my friends to hug the banners for regen and if they wanted conditions removed, they better hug me cause the warhorn range is also pretty short.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:09 am

I just wish my minions weren't retarded. :roll:

Wish we'd get passive/defensive/aggressive and movement flags like in GW1 (I realise we didn't have it for Necros, but it would've been helpful).

EDIT (09.09.12): New armour <3

Era

Postby Andurin » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:23 pm

Finally found out how Armorsmithing works... So, when it clicked, I got it up to from 20ish to 120ish in several minutes (since I actually saved all the crap that drops of mobs for them). And got a good deal of xp aswell :D Level 32ish Norm Guardian now ^^ And I just love running around with a 2-handed sword, aoe-ing everything down ^^
Andurin

Postby Shamora » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:44 pm

Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games