Remove Advertisements

[5.0] Da Bears!

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[5.0] Da Bears!

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:56 pm

Ok, so I'm only lvl 65, which means I don't have everything bear related, but does anyone know what sort of a priority/rotation bears have with 5.0?

I've currently got a 6/3/6 rotation for AoE (Thrash, Swipe, Mangle) but not sure if that's going to be altered at higher levels.

For single target, I usually Mangle > Other single target ability I can't remember the name of > Maul (I think, it's the rage dump that's off the gcd similar to Heroic Strike for Wars.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Re: [5.0] Da Bears!

Postby bldavis » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:47 pm

you will want to use lacerate, due to the proc nature of 25% on hit resetting mangle
more mangles = more rage = more SD uptime

thrash also applies weakened blows
so on harder bosses, you will want to use it
for just normal aoe, your 6/3/6 should be fine, weaving in mauls during high rage if you have that glyph, if not do SD just for extra dodge to reduce damage taken

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:32 pm

Lacerate! That's the one. Mangle > Lacerate > Maul is my usual single target.

Edit: It's not quite as smooth a "rotation" as the AoE, since Maul is off the gcd. Do bears not get any more abilities between 65-85 that are weaved in besides damage reduction cds?
Last edited by Skye1013 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Skye1013 wrote:Lacerate! That's the one. Mangle > Lacerate > Maul is my usual single target.

sounds right, just add in thrash for weakened blows if raiding or on a hard hitting boss and make sure you are weaving in SD on those

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby econ21 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:56 am

Not sure when you get Faire Fire, but you weave that into the rotation too (lower priority than lacerate, but gives a weakened armour debuff). When you are tanking something that may kill you, maul is probably not worth the rage cost (better to use rage for Savage Defense or Frenzied Regen).
econ21

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:22 am

I've got FF. I usually pull with it, then forget about it after that XD.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby econ21 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:09 pm

If you want to, you could use the Ovale add-on, it's like CLC-ret and identifies you best next damage move, while tracking CDs. There's a bear script for it that's been updated for 5.0.4:

http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=826
econ21

Postby Darielle » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:09 pm

Mangle, Lacerate, Thrash and FFF are the constant use abilities. Obviously, whenever the opportunity is there, your priority is to Mangle, and depending on if threat/dps or rage income is your priority, your other things change. Obviously Maul is there for Rage spending on things that tickle. If you want to min/max there are a few bigger rules, but as a general rule, that should leave you in a decent spot.

http://theincbear.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=697 if you're able to separate the things that pertain to tanking serious content will serve you decently enough.
Darielle

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes