Remove Advertisements

Bug when soloing Sartharion with 3 drakes?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Bug when soloing Sartharion with 3 drakes?

Postby Squishybrick » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:39 am

I'm not sure if anyone else has run into this problem, but I figured I'd ask here.

With the changes that came in the new patch, I decided to try and solo Sartharion 10man heroic with 3 drakes up. After achieving a total repair bill worth several hundred gold I was finally able to find a way kill all three drakes and was left with Sartharion himself remaining.

At this point it should have been a done deal even with the increased damage he did, but crusader strike, hammer of the righteous and judgment were not generating holy power. Not even avengers shield from the grand crusader procs was generating holy power. No holy power meant no word of glory and eventually I was nibbled to death because of it.

I tried it again several times, thinking that perhaps it was killing one specific drake that was the problem, but it appears that if either of the first two drakes died,I could no longer generate holy power by hitting Sartharion himself, even though I could still generate it by hitting the lava elemental adds etc.

As a note, I couldn't test this by waiting to kill vesperon and then hitting Sartharion, as the shadow/fire dmg increase would pretty much one shot me at some point or another.

Has anyone else run into this, or know if this is a bug or working as intended?
Squishybrick

Re: Bug when soloing Sartharion with 3 drakes?

Postby Worldie » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:14 am

Not a bug, simply sartharion goes immune to all damage when 2nd drake spawns and activates his acolyte inside the portal. To make him turn attackable again you'd need to kill the acolyte inside the portal, which you cannot on your own.

TLDR version: Sarth 3d cannot be soloed due to the mechanics.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Squishybrick » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:53 pm

Thanks Worldie. When the fight was current content I only ever completed it with 2 drakes up, and was always an add-tank vs being on sarthation himself so I wasn't aware of him turning invulnerable like that.
Squishybrick

Postby Squishybrick » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:54 pm

On the bright side, it's still an excellent way for a rusty tank like myself to brush up on a functional rotation while running around like a headless chicken, so not a total waste I guess.
Squishybrick

Postby Belloc » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:56 am

Worldie wrote:Not a bug, simply sartharion goes immune to all damage when 2nd drake spawns and activates his acolyte inside the portal. To make him turn attackable again you'd need to kill the acolyte inside the portal, which you cannot on your own.

Classes with enough burst can solo him, if I'm not mistaken. You basically have to do a Sarth3D burn all by yourself, though. I'm not sure if rets have that kind of burst right now.
Belloc

Postby Sarutankah » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:55 am

Belloc wrote:
Worldie wrote:Not a bug, simply sartharion goes immune to all damage when 2nd drake spawns and activates his acolyte inside the portal. To make him turn attackable again you'd need to kill the acolyte inside the portal, which you cannot on your own.

Classes with enough burst can solo him, if I'm not mistaken. You basically have to do a Sarth3D burn all by yourself, though. I'm not sure if rets have that kind of burst right now.

I have managed to solo 10 man S3D as Ret, when you get to the dps/gear threshold it seems to just happen.

Trying to do it again today though - it would seem I got extremely lucky with DP procs last week. Multiple times I died at 3% and even once at 1%. Had no food buffs or flasks though so will go do it again tomorrow.

edited to clarify that it is by no means the most simple thing in the world just yet.
Sarutankah

Return to General Strats