Remove Advertisements

Mother Shahraz

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Splug » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:50 am

Saber lash has an 8 second cooldown if my understanding is right. I've seen our feral tank pop out of bear, raise someone, and get back into bear form with plenty time before the next lash. In theory, you should be free to heal in that 8 second window.

Also, a dodged saber lash still splits the damage to you, even if it does not connect. As long as she selects three targets, you all take one attack for base damage / 3; if two of you parry, the third guy doesn't get one-shot.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Mithos » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:09 am

Yeah I usually heal inbetween sabre lashes, I dodge and parry them etc and nothing bad ever happens, the damage is still split as normal.
Mithos

Postby Oramac » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:45 pm

damn! after reading this thread, i REALLLY want to MT her. for better or for worse our warrior is still far ahead of me in gear though, so i suppose i actually do need this damned SR gear. WTB primals and adamantite bars. :(
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Jonesy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:35 am

We're going to be hitting her up in the near future. Has anyone tried tanking her with 100% unparryable attacks? (Holy Shield, Consecrate, Exorcism, /cast Judgement /stopattack). I'm curious if the 100% chance to never die to a parrygib is worth taking 4% more damage per hit for.
Jonesy

Postby Lore » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:01 am

Parrygib isn't nearly as big of a deal anymore since she got nerfed. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Gerilith » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:02 am

Mateo wrote:Do you sit at capped SR for this fight as an offtank? I've been lazy and haven't gotten the pants made yet and wondering if I need to. >.<

Yes, you do.

MTing her is not a good idea in my understanding because her silence gimps your threat and you will not likely want to have any SR-items equipped while MTing her. It is possible, but it does not make much sense.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Lore » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:05 am

I don't use the SR pants. I have a green helm "of Shadow Protection" with a +20 shadow resist lower city enchant on it that I use instead.

Her silence is annoyingly long and yeah, you'll take a lot of them. I'm not sure what the point was behind that other than to make it harder for us to tank.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Cakes » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:52 am

Lore wrote:I don't use the SR pants. I have a green helm "of Shadow Protection" with a +20 shadow resist lower city enchant on it that I use instead.

Her silence is annoyingly long and yeah, you'll take a lot of them. I'm not sure what the point was behind that other than to make it harder for us to tank.

Yeah, I tanked her on a whim last night, and it was sad to be chased in threat for part of the fight by dpsers in shadow resist gear. My threat ranged anywhere from 400 with silences and holy protection up to 1200. It felt like tanking maiden again, except she can hit way harder. Just going to let the warriors tank her and go afk for sandwich making next time.
Cakes

Postby Neuron » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:05 pm

I think the point of the AOE silence is to prevent a location-based strategy where everyone groups on behind her and the teleported people just run away from her. I think the developers had "spread out in a circle" more in mind in the initial version, which would explain the basics of FA as well as the chaining beams.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Inferno255 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:35 pm

Good god this boss is easy, first pull tank instagib, second pull wipe because of teleports. Third pull no deaths, dead mother.....

Every shadowres piece except pants. Used DW helm with 20 shadowres, 35 res flask and mixed tanking/healing gear for the rest. Could do allot of healing in between lashes. Bit of an anti-climax killing her in 3 tries after collecting shadowres gear for months.
Inferno255

Postby Lave » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:46 pm

Lore wrote:I'm not sure what the point was behind that other than to make it harder for us to tank.

to make it harder for retri paladins aswell! no seriously.. its a pure "paladins stay a way" ability oO
Lave

Postby Afraithe » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:04 am

You would think they could have made it like the Fatal Attraction thing, that if your tanking you can not get Fatal Attraction, or silenced, as it is now, its just stupid.
Afraithe

Postby Mateo » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:44 pm

Yeah, it sucks to just stand there at full mana silenced when that could be more heals thrown out. (There's a bug where my Judgment won't get refreshed while I'm silenced either >.<)

I'm half-tempted to just go afk on this fight after MT has her in position sometimes. =P
Mateo

Postby Worldie » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:36 pm

Mateo wrote:I'm half-tempted to just go afk on this fight after MT has her in position sometimes. =P

That's exactly my plan for when we menage to get RoS down (soonish)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Afraithe » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:26 am

I hope your not meleeing as offtank, parrygib can nuke your MT.
Afraithe

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple