darkmoon faire is a joke

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: darkmoon faire is a joke

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:23 am

Looks like the item turn-in quests haven't reset.

And Wowhead says the bunny is there in a cave. Apparently it does a DoT attack that deals 100% health and can't be healed?
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: darkmoon faire is a joke

Postby Lieris » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:06 am

It's still a mystery to me how whoever designed the DMF managed to get a job as a game designer. I don't even care about the rewards or however long it takes to get them, it's the mini-games that are garbage.

WoW does one thing very well and that's the core gameplay of tanking, healing and DPSing in dungeons. Whenever they veer away from this the result is completely laughable. If I want a diversion from that, I turn to my ceiling high games shelf and play something else, not "point your game camera vaguely at the green flashing arrow and press the 1 key".
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2181
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Re: darkmoon faire is a joke

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:56 am

Lieris wrote:It's still a mystery to me how whoever designed the DMF managed to get a job as a game designer. I don't even care about the rewards or however long it takes to get them, it's the mini-games that are garbage.

WoW does one thing very well and that's the core gameplay of tanking, healing and DPSing in dungeons. Whenever they veer away from this the result is completely laughable. If I want a diversion from that, I turn to my ceiling high games shelf and play something else, not "point your game camera vaguely at the green flashing arrow and press the 1 key".


Buy items off AH, turn in for quests, repeat monthly.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: darkmoon faire is a joke

Postby Lieris » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:06 am

That's what I do when I remember to do it.
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2181
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Re: darkmoon faire is a joke

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:20 am

Looks like all the prof quests are active again now!
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11005
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: darkmoon faire is a joke

Postby Sagara » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:25 am

EFFF! Just spend a pretty penny getting those last 5 points on my DK's Blacksmithing, thinking it wouldn't be fixed this month :-/
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3453
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: darkmoon faire is a joke

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:27 am

Sagara wrote:EFFF! Just spend a pretty penny getting those last 5 points on my DK's Blacksmithing, thinking it wouldn't be fixed this month :-/

Typical. :(
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11005
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: darkmoon faire is a joke

Postby djlar » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:58 am

making nice money selling those quest items, whatever I grabbed during the off-season
about 3 weapons, 2 treaties, 2 eggs = tons of cash
Image
djlar
 
Posts: 1900
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 am

Re: darkmoon faire is a joke

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:09 am

djlar wrote:making nice money selling those quest items, whatever I grabbed during the off-season
about 3 weapons, 2 treaties, 2 eggs = tons of cash

Ditto. Think I made about 5-6k.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11005
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: darkmoon faire is a joke

Postby bldavis » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:45 am

after i get back from work, ill have to see just what i have to post, and if the market is still there
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7418
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: darkmoon faire is a joke

Postby halabar » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:15 am

Nikachelle wrote:Looks like all the prof quests are active again now!


Even better, they reset everything, which means I guessed right and figured that is what they would do, so my baby spriest was able to get about 2.5 lvls earned by just doing the DMF prof quests and turn ins. (I made sure to do them all yesterday, just in case they did a full reset).
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: darkmoon faire is a joke

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:32 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Zobel wrote:Is the bunny live? Sounds like a "no".

Didn't see one anywhere.



He spawns in the cave on the SE side of the island. However, I've only ever seen him up on the cliff above the cave. 174.5 mil HP, no agro table, and you can heal the attack he does...but the healers have to be quick about it as he changes every 3-4 seconds.
Image
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1238
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am

Re: darkmoon faire is a joke

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:43 am

You can heal it? I thought the debuff had 100% healing reduction built in?
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: darkmoon faire is a joke

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:29 am

I was healed through it. Or mitigated enough to survive because I only died twice and I know was attacked 5 times.
Image
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1238
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am

Re: darkmoon faire is a joke

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:38 am

I was healed through it. Or mitigated enough to survive because I only died twice and I know was attacked 5 times.
Image
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1238
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest