Remove Advertisements

Localization question

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Localization question

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:51 am

Hai guyse, I know few (very few) of the readers use WoW localized in some language (I'm quite sure I've seen both french and german around).

I was toying with WoW in Italian, but I'm facing a odd problem: How do you find out the name of a item/spell in English if you want to look for it on Wowhead? Is there any other way other than linking the item and asking someone to click it and tell the english name?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: Localization question

Postby Sagara » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:16 am

Select your item in Italian, then use the language option (top right), and select English. It will load the same page in english.

EDIT: FARK, Wowhead is not up to date for Italian yet :-/ Back when French wasn't available I used to memorise the translation or guesstimate a query to have a wieldable list, then check the near-matching names individually
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby degre » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:07 am

I was going to suggest to use battle.net site in Italian, but I've verified now that, while you can link items from your armoury, the search of items doesn't seem to be implemented.

Or you could switch back your client to English.

Ammiraglio dei Velerosse
$£$&!!!
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby Zobel » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:26 am

ptr.wowraider.ru has Italian localization for items and spells, if you're willing to look past the Russian and use the search field.

Look up Bracciali di Stoffa Umida. Pick English from the drop down menu (or edit the url) and find out it's Sodden Cloth Bracers.

Look up cura rapida. Find out it's flash heal.

That should get you by until wowhead adds its own Italian localization.
Zobel

Postby Nooska » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:11 am

That reminds me;
Our raidleader/guildmaster in TBC was a feral tank by the name of Kurami - very appropriate me thinks ;) (I made a priest that got to level... 14... by the name of Mikura)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby culhag » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:18 pm

There's no way in-game to know the original name of something, other than asking someone with the english client.

I do like Sagara : go to the Wowhead page in french, switch to english.
I'm sure it will be updated with Italian soon enough !
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:23 pm

use the item ID: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... 9-1.9.html

wowhead links are http://www.wowhead.com/item=<itemid> for actual items. Factions, profession skills and other things work differently.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Return to General