Remove Advertisements

Bastion of Glory tracker

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Bastion of Glory tracker

Postby maytag_man » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:24 am

Hey,
anyone know of an addon to track when you proc 5 charges of Bastion of Glory yet?

Thanks!
-maytag
maytag_man

Re: Bastion of Glory tracker

Postby daishan » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:55 am

Weak Auras will track just about anything, and Sacred Duty for the strings for a pally tank set up.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby maytag_man » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:32 pm

Thanks! Gonna try em out now :)
maytag_man

Postby maytag_man » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:12 pm

Wow this is awesome! hahaha how did I live before without this addon? :)
maytag_man

Postby daishan » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:26 pm

^^ I was using Power Auras does similar things but I've just been waiting for the patch to switch to WA as it does so much more and so far looks to be easier to set up :D
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:52 pm

new Power Auras set up interface is pretty slick though
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:56 am

Power Auras havent been updated though :(
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zobel » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:59 am

Worldie wrote:Power Auras havent been updated though :(

If you're feeling adventurous, you can download the latest release candidate.
Zobel

Postby JoeBravo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:07 am

daishan wrote:^^ I was using Power Auras does similar things but I've just been waiting for the patch to switch to WA as it does so much more and so far looks to be easier to set up :D

not seen the new Powa interface yet, but WA gave me a headache. trying the powa beta version this evening.

Not looking forward to having to go back to WA tbh.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby daishan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:11 am

From what I've read even when 5.0 PA is working it'll break all your old strings.
So my view is if you're going to be re writing all your auras it might as well be with WA, I just love all the options for bar style timers, colour fade animations, and chat output. Plus WA has been working on beta for months so good chance it'll be fully working and stable come MoP.
Yes I am been a bit of a fanboy :p
I still think PA is a good addon and couldn't of done without it for the last couple of years but I'm moving on now.
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:26 am

What does Weak Auras do that Power Auras cannot?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby daishan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:56 am

I've not tried the very latest PA build and even though I've used PA for a long time I never was that good at setting up the more complex stuff, so if I get any of these wrong let me know.

The main things for me that WA can do and PA can't are:
Bar type timers, I find these so much easier to check at a glance.
Colour change/fading of auras, I've been using ellipsis as my spriests dot tracker just because the bars gradually turn to red as the dot gets closer to falling off.
Chat output, instead of having to make a macro to announce a cd or using another add-on, I can just ad in a chat announcement to the aura I would be making in any case.

I'm sure there's other stuff but those are the main things that got me to switch
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:04 am

From what I've seen in the development thread, the colour options are being added to Powa (adding timer conditions to colours on displays), and I think people have mentioned bar timers being buggy, so I guess they exist (haven't tried to find them)?
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros