Remove Advertisements

MoP Professions

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: MoP Professions

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:06 am

Nooska wrote:unless you are missing erhmm.. oh never mind, Hit is blue and expertise is red , right?

If I remember correctly, one of the socket bonuses was +hit, the other was +mastery, both which could be ignored, while the helm and I think shoulders had +agi socket bonuses that were worth taking (using agi/hit gems).
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:08 am

KysenMurrin wrote:(And you just reminded me hunters will be after even more of my gear now that they use Expertise. Grr.)

Yeap, it's the tradeoff from hunters no longer fighting with druids for stat-sticks.

halabar

Postby djlar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:16 am

KysenMurrin wrote:(And you just reminded me hunters will be after even more of my gear now that they use Expertise. Grr.)

This reminds me to farm that heroic expertise ring to replace the i397 ring, no laughs when I roll on it now..
djlar

Postby Nooska » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:18 am

The Heroic T13 exp ring? that was 1 of the 2 BiS rings for hunters even before we used expertise (reforge 40% of it to crit I believe).
always believe what you get from learned discussions, over the masterlooter/loot councils protestations about whether something is hunter loot (they are always wromng - even when it was a strength ranged weapon)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:34 am

Nooska wrote:The Heroic T13 exp ring? that was 1 of the 2 BiS rings for hunters even before we used expertise (reforge 40% of it to crit I believe).
always believe what you get from learned discussions, over the masterlooter/loot councils protestations about whether something is hunter loot (they are always wromng - even when it was a strength ranged weapon)

Man, I got so tired of explaining why I was using that str gun in Wrath... especially when the MM hunters didn't understand the way BM functioned with the set bonus.

halabar

Postby Nooska » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:39 am

I was lucky, I got back to playing when ICC was just launched (more or less, about 1 month in), and I was an officer in the guild when I stopped for a year - so when I said that it was better for me than anything I could get preheroic (10man) I got it - over a warrior iirc.

Also the one in T11, though I got that, equipped it and that same night in raid one of the agi ranged dropped for me.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:10 pm

halabar wrote:

Yeap, it's the tradeoff from hunters no longer fighting with druids for stat-sticks.

Druids get to fight with monks instead.

Rogues/Shaman will also get to fight with monks for DW items (for those monks that prefer DW over staves.) Though I'm not sure if monks want S/S, F/S, S/F, or F/F.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:14 pm

iirc, brewmaster and windwalker monks are both s/s, so enh shamans, combat rogues and monks are all sharing weapons

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:02 am

There's no fast weapons anymore, anyway.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby theckhd » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:38 am

bldavis wrote:iirc, brewmaster and windwalker monks are both s/s, so enh shamans, combat rogues and monks are all sharing weapons

I think Brewmasters use agility staves, like druids do. I don't think they can use shields, either, but I'm not sure if they can dual-wield.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby daishan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:02 am

If wowhead comments are to be believed at the start of beta dps and tank monks could both DW but at some point they made it so only the dps monks can DW. So brewmasters need staves as they can't use shields.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:42 am

I wasn't aware of them ever removing Brewmaster DW, but they did change the damage formulae. Attacks in WW spec use MH and OH damage, but the same attacks in Brewmaster use raw attack power. I'll take a look next time I log on.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:01 am

But bringing it back to professions...

Inscription will prove useful in crafting staves if you have a bunch of alts that can use them.

It doesn't appear they are making any major tweaks to professions now, so we're probably stuck with what we have.

Since the JC mount is terrible, my drive to earn that extra gold to craft that without depleting my resources is sated somewhat, but I think I'll work on DMCs as my big gamble in Panda. I might level another scribe (not sure what I'll drop, and I'm not moving my chanter, so I might have to make due without one, but we'll see.. If I see people leveling crafting and dumping a bunch of cheap greens, I might go ahead and level one).

halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:39 am

(One last off-topic post to say Brewmasters can indeed still dual-wield.)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:31 pm

Worldie wrote:There's no fast weapons anymore, anyway.

Daggers?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta