Remove Advertisements

MoP Crafted gear....

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: MoP Crafted gear....

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:14 pm

bldavis wrote:when i am bored, i will fly around SW on my druid and see how far i can drop out of flight form and how close i can get to the water before switching back
occasionally i miss and hit the water and a few times i have hit bottom in water deep enough to dive in

There are "holes" in the water in many places.

Quite a few locations in Uldum along the coast won't allow you to mount up with water-walking, or if you ride over those areas with it you'll suddenly sink. I think there's a "top layer" to the water that allows for these mechanisms, and it's missing in places.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby lythac » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:21 pm

I believe sometimes there is also a loading/latency issue, especially after entering a new zone. You can fall through the water before it registers as being water and hit the ground. Not sure how true that is I remember it from somewhere.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby rodos » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:57 pm

lythac wrote:I believe sometimes there is also a loading/latency issue, especially after entering a new zone. You can fall through the water before it registers as being water and hit the ground. Not sure how true that is I remember it from somewhere.

I'm pretty sure I've seen that happen too.
rodos

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:07 pm

halabar wrote:
bldavis wrote:when i am bored, i will fly around SW on my druid and see how far i can drop out of flight form and how close i can get to the water before switching back
occasionally i miss and hit the water and a few times i have hit bottom in water deep enough to dive in

Quite a few locations in Uldum along the coast won't allow you to mount up with water-walking, or if you ride over those areas with it you'll suddenly sink. I think there's a "top layer" to the water that allows for these mechanisms, and it's missing in places.

You need waterwalking to mount up in water? I'm pretty sure I've mounted up in places like Zangarmarsh, then flown out of the water without the use of waterwalking. Of course, this could be because any of the chars that have it use the HH mount, so maybe that only applies to what used to be "flying only" mounts.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:39 pm

Skye1013 wrote:
halabar wrote:

You need waterwalking to mount up in water? I'm pretty sure I've mounted up in places like Zangarmarsh, then flown out of the water without the use of waterwalking. Of course, this could be because any of the chars that have it use the HH mount, so maybe that only applies to what used to be "flying only" mounts.

Specifically, I was using the water-walking to fish in a few places along the coast in Uldum, especially around the pirate ships, and there are several spots you just fall in.

halabar

Postby Holyblaze » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:54 am

Nooooooo Back to the gear people!

I make so much gold on raw matts up front, but sofar this list looks like I might make more on the armors this time. Hrm....I lvl means everything! Well to get into LFR and Heroics. I have made a mint on them to be sure, but looks like I need them myself this time around. gah!
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:57 am

Holyblaze wrote:Nooooooo Back to the gear people!

I make so much gold on raw matts up front, but sofar this list looks like I might make more on the armors this time. Hrm....I lvl means everything! Well to get into LFR and Heroics. I have made a mint on them to be sure, but looks like I need them myself this time around. gah!

If you already are a gear crafter, and will get the rep for those patterns, yep.

The market for buckles should be a lot better, since a lot of the crafting alts will never get the rep to get that pattern.

halabar

Postby Holyblaze » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:21 pm

My only BS and ENgie is the same toon though! I will have to buy the bars if I want to get them first.

After the Light was shown to me, AH Goblin, I feel DIRTY paying for matts and top prices! When Cata droped I was getting 30g for one cloth! haha DAMN that was fun! The Ore was the same. Why my Hunter was first in Wrath and Cata and was thinking bout it again in Mists, but the Rep angle is going to just suck!

*puts on his well crafted, well used Tinfoil Hat* Its almost like they put the Whami! on the way people play the AH. *leaves the hat on cause its how I be*
Holyblaze

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:27 pm

BIG MONEY BIG MONEY NO WHAMMY!

it would go with them wanting to get you out in the world, with all the dailies, rep grinds, and such

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby djlar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:33 pm

I wish Beta prices would remain about the same for live. I'll (we) make a fortune on raw mats.

Ghost iron ore stacks at 25K not bad..
Exotic leather stacks $20K
Raw Gems = $25K each
Crafted reds = $50K
djlar

Postby Holyblaze » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:36 pm

OMG! WOULD BE SO NICE!
Holyblaze

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:52 pm

Holyblaze wrote:OMG! WOULD BE SO NICE!

Not really since noone would buy them :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nooska » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:57 pm

Be on a server with old and much money ;)

Yeah on beta we have all the millionaires copying several millions - I did earn 100k in 2 days from simply selling off leather though, I may actually do that initially this time rather than use it myself (I need the scales to make any mail gear anyway *sigh*)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby degre » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:20 am

Mining has net me so much money through WotLK and Cata that I wouldn't do it differently. I'll probably end up unloading everything to the AH the first couple of days, then I'll use part of the mats as we go on once I start having some Spirit of Harmony, Spirits block your skilling, so you might as well get some cash for the ghost iron while you have no use for it, as it's pointless using to level up to where you can build something and then not having the mats anyway.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:41 am

degre wrote:Mining has net me so much money through WotLK and Cata that I wouldn't do it differently. I'll probably end up unloading everything to the AH the first couple of days, then I'll use part of the mats as we go on once I start having some Spirit of Harmony, Spirits block your skilling, so you might as well get some cash for the ghost iron while you have no use for it, as it's pointless using to level up to where you can build something and then not having the mats anyway.

Yep, selling ore to the early levelers is always good. Feed your JC just enough ore to do the dailies. Of course this should be in the other thread now...

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta