Diablo 3 is live!

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Diablo 3 is live!

Postby Epimer » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:31 pm

Acid Rain feels bugged. It's doing a ridiculous amount of damage.

Nice to be destroying things in Act 3, though.
Epimer

Postby Flex » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:33 pm

Epimer wrote:Acid Rain feels bugged. It's doing a ridiculous amount of damage.

Nice to be destroying things in Act 3, though.

Increased damage for it combined with much faster animation and the ability to cast them in quick succession is great. I think I can get two additional casts before the first animation finishes playing. Like I said earlier the best change to the WD, aside from pets, was speeding up combat animations.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Epimer » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:57 am

Is this what playing a non-WD character was like before 1.04? I'm having an excellent time, although I do wish I had a bit more in the way of defensive stats.
Epimer

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:29 pm

So uhm. I got to Ghom, killed Ghom. Packs till there weren't excessively hard and could kill most of them without dieing.

Then went outside the fortress and got raped. Am I again in need of even more resist? I'm running 1300 resist and 8500 armor with buff now >.<
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:35 pm

I had the same issue, but I kept at it and things started dying.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Passionario » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:29 pm

If all else fails, go deeply defensive. Elites and rares no longer have enrage timers or heal to full, so you can just slowly grind them down.

This approach, while being rather slow, allowed me to go from being stuck in that damned Act III tower to the Grandmaster achievement.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby djlar » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:49 am

I can demolish mobs and stand in fire/arcane/poison all day on Act 1 with barb, comes act 2, very first elite pack one-shots me... I think they increase the difficulty 10 fold instead of progressively doing it...

Yeah Act 3 after Ghom is insane, my DH gets one shotted by trash, while not dying before Ghom at all..
djlar

Postby Flex » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:04 am

Since the patch I've gotten a Goldskin which I've used to create a 300% GF set for lazy farming Act 1 while watching Netflix. Earlier in the day I mentioned wanting to get one for a farm set and it dropped for me later that night.

I got a horribly rolled Lacuni Prowlers that I blew up because they disgusted me.

And I got a Bul-Kathos's Wedding Band that has a fairly nice life leach effect.

For any of the barbs having issues surviving be on the lookout for cheap Empyrean Messengers. They aren't the best weapons being a 1.2 APS spear but the post-1.04 ones roll with over 70 all resistance making them great for tanky builds. On the US side at least there are dozens around the 1 million gold price range.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:19 am

1 million gold? lol.

I never had more than 300k gold, takes me over a hour to get 100k gold I have no idea how people buy stuff for 100kk millions.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:27 am

Worldie wrote:1 million gold? lol.

I never had more than 300k gold, takes me over a hour to get 100k gold I have no idea how people buy stuff for 100kk millions.

You don't farm gold in acts you're progressing on. You go back to Act 1 or Act 2 in some gold find gear and wreck faces. In moderate GF gear a clear of Act 1 from after the Skeleton King to the Butcher should net 400K+
Flex

Postby Epimer » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:06 pm

This is semi-related, but I get quite frustrated at "I've never had anything good drop ever fuck this game!" types (like the big /r/Diablo discussion on the topic yesterday).

It seems people think that if there aren't set items and legendaries exploding out of tree stumps then they're forever cursed to having no gold. I've had two set items drop and was never able to sell either, because they had horrible rolls and the AH was flooded with cheap, better items. On the other hand I've sold perfectly solid (but not spectacular) rare shoulders and a rare fist weapon for around 3 million each. I probably would have vendored them had I not looked up a spreadsheet to see what the max rolls for each item slot were to get a feel of what items were at least halfway decent.
Epimer

Postby Flex » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:29 pm

A few things need to change for "guaranteed" loot dropping. Going from Act 3 to Act 4 should carry over your stacks, or all Act 4 bosses on Inferno should drop at least one rare. All bosses in Normal-Hell should drop rares Inferno Acts 1 to 3 are fine now where 4 NV gets you 1. For the Legendary chasers Inferno Diablo should have an elevated chance to drop a level 50+ legendary, maybe 5% or 10%.

Crafting definitely needs to be made less of a gamble system especially with how many changes have been implemented regarding loot drops. A seeding system using gems with combinations so that using a red and purple gem will get you a Str/Vit item based on what gems are used to seed.
Flex

Postby Winkle » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:10 am

Worldie wrote:So uhm. I got to Ghom, killed Ghom. Packs till there weren't excessively hard and could kill most of them without dieing.

Then went outside the fortress and got raped. Am I again in need of even more resist? I'm running 1300 resist and 8500 armor with buff now >.<

1300 resist? Where? I just checked your character sheet and you had 450 ares. BTW 450 ares before warcry is about right.

I think you've made a few common mistakes with your gearing and skills.

[*]Rend isn't doing much for you, your better off using frenzy with sidearm for your single target damage and then revenge for your AOE. The more mobs you can revenge the better. I'd swap rend for ignore pain.

[*]Running with 2 1h's isn't bringing to much to the table. You hit with each weapon sequentially/in turn, in effect the second weapon is simply a stat stick if the dps on both is similar. An better alternative for you would be to get a shield with a lot of stats on, something like 150+str, 12+ Life%, 9+ crit chance.

[*]Your weapons are poor, yes they have LoH on but you're already running with revenge and rend and still dying, so clearly the LoH isn't doing much for you, you REALLY want a weapon with a socket, crit damage is a hugh DPS increase, a socket with a 70% crit damage gem in would do you a world of good.

[*]You try to get all the stats you need on every piece of gear, this is generally a bad idea when you're on a low budget since you'll just get pieces of gear with a very little of every stat. A better way to approach gearing is to target certain stats on certain items, as a guide I'd suggest:

[list=]
Helm: Str, Vit, Ares & either crit chance or a socket
Neck: Str (100) or Vit, LoH (300) and Crit Damage (45+)
Shoulders: Str (+150), Vit (60+), Ares
Chest: Str (80), Vit (180) & 3 sockets
Bracers: Str (60+), Vit(60+), Ares, Crit Chance (3.5-3.5)
Gloves: Str (60+) &/or Vit (60+), Ares, Crit chance OR Crit Dmg (both if possible but pricey)
Belt: As shoulders
Legs: As chest (2 sockets)
Boots: Str (60+), Vit (60+), Ares
Rings: Str and/or Vit (50+), Ares, Crit chance or Crit Dmg

Ares should be 50+ on any item you pick it up on except rings (40+ ok). On any item try and get an additional res (fire, arcane, phys for free if possible or +armor)[/list]
Winkle

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:30 am

@Winkle, i've changed big part of my gear after that post, before that I was running 1300 phis resist and 800ish all resist buffed. I've swapped for a more HP/DPS oriented setup.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Winkle » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:15 am

hmmm i just re-read my post and it sounds a little condescending but generally i think the advice should help regardless.

I agree you should focus more on DPS and HP but you need more of both. Especially for revenge to be useful.
Winkle

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games