Remove Advertisements

MoP Goblin profiteering theorycrafting

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: MoP Goblin profiteering theorycrafting

Postby Holyblaze » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:50 am

Changes to relic/ranged/etc slots, so potential to make gold selling weapons, wands, and other gear.

Wait...what? So ive been some time since ive been in the BETA, but what they do? More importantly...how can I make gold on it? :)
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Volitaire » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:52 am

I would imagine what he is referring to is that those slots will be gone, thus optimal itemization may be changing thus allowing for a small resurge in enchants, gems, BoE and the like.
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:54 am

Holyblaze wrote:Changes to relic/ranged/etc slots, so potential to make gold selling weapons, wands, and other gear.

Wait...what? So ive been some time since ive been in the BETA, but what they do? More importantly...how can I make gold on it? :)

No more relics, no more ranged slot. Wands become main hand weapons, so those will sell (trying to remember if there are any BOE ones that can be scooped up). Guns/bows for hunters, since the stat sticks are gone.

Here's an idea just thought of... omg, this could be huge..

If wands become MH weapons (or offhand, either way), they will need to be enchanted. I haven't looked at the stats for them after the change, but if they are desirable, selling chants for those could be huge.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:55 am

Volitaire wrote:I would imagine what he is referring to is that those slots will be gone, thus optimal itemization may be changing thus allowing for a small resurge in enchants, gems, BoE and the like.

yep. (see the note on wands above... I need to check that tonight..)

halabar

Postby Holyblaze » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:58 am

That is what I am saying yo! I know ive made some good gold on the shield chants. WHy not these?!?!?!

Alos...can the Chanter make wands of any worth now? I know we can make some gret shiat ones.
Holyblaze

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:59 am

halabar wrote:No more relics, no more ranged slot. Wands become main hand weapons, so those will sell (trying to remember if there are any BOE ones that can be scooped up). Guns/bows for hunters, since the stat sticks are gone.

If wands become MH weapons (or offhand, either way), they will need to be enchanted. I haven't looked at the stats for them after the change, but if they are desirable, selling chants for those could be huge.

For the most part the immediate effect will be that a load of items will be DEd or vendored, and there'll be a big (pretty much total) drop in demand for Agility and Attack Power weapon enchants. Most Hunters will already have a scoped ranged weapon that they'll just move into a different slot; the chances of there being AH-able wands that beat the main hands people already have on their casters isn't that high.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:16 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:
halabar wrote:No more relics, no more ranged slot. Wands become main hand weapons, so those will sell (trying to remember if there are any BOE ones that can be scooped up). Guns/bows for hunters, since the stat sticks are gone.

For the most part the immediate effect will be that a load of items will be DEd or vendored, and there'll be a big (pretty much total) drop in demand for Agility and Attack Power weapon enchants. Most Hunters will already have a scoped ranged weapon that they'll just move into a different slot; the chances of there being AH-able wands that beat the main hands people already have on their casters isn't that high.

I dunno.. there might be a lot of mages with a 397 wand, while they still have a LFR dagger and an offhand, or they use a staff because of a crappy MH.

If I remember correctly, wands will be MH, which means selling PowerTorrent. Possibly a lot of them.

halabar

Postby Zalaria » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:17 pm

For inscription - when Cata's pre-patch came out, didn't they bump the ink traders up to the Cata mats, even though you couldn't start getting them for a month? Anyone know if that will happen again? If it does, we'll need a stockpile of lower inks (Sea especially, unless they rebalanced the mat requirements in the glyph pass) if we want to make glyphs between 5.0 and MoP.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:19 pm

Zalaria wrote:For inscription - when Cata's pre-patch came out, didn't they bump the ink traders up to the Cata mats, even though you couldn't start getting them for a month? Anyone know if that will happen again? If it does, we'll need a stockpile of lower inks (Sea especially, unless they rebalanced the mat requirements in the glyph pass) if we want to make glyphs between 5.0 and MoP.

Unconfirmed, but if you need to trade down your inks, do it now, because you might be locked out of that after Tuesday. That change WILL happen for the 25th, it might happen next Tuesday.

halabar

Postby Holyblaze » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:08 pm

I just did, still doing frankly, downrank the Inks. I ganked 4000 whiptail for a sweet song and spent all morning trying to do all the milling. Going to be a HUGE selling on my glyphs like it was when the new Cata stuff came out in Wrath.
Holyblaze

Postby Holyblaze » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:14 pm

ACK! I need to reup my Mobil AH! gah! gonna be a fun battle on my AH. Massive comp there. I dont play there much. but the huge glut there will a lot to be had by all!
Holyblaze

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:32 pm

just a note, i thought i read somewhere that pet battles were free to anyone over level 5, but werent coming in game until MoP launches

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:47 pm

bldavis wrote:just a note, i thought i read somewhere that pet battles were free to anyone over level 5, but werent coming in game until MoP launches

That's the tricky part... blue posts are sometimes as vague as the oracles.

Account-wide pets and mounts ARE coming next week. If we get the pet battle interface is a little less sure. I'd actually prefer that the didn't, and will hope that confused folk dump a ton of cheap pets on the AH.

halabar

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:54 pm

yeah, the pets and mount x account are coming but not pet battles

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:45 pm

bldavis wrote:yeah, the pets and mount x account are coming but not pet battles

What's unclear is if we will still have the new pet interface, and if it allows for caging of pets or not.

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta