MoP Goblin profiteering theorycrafting

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: MoP Goblin profiteering theorycrafting

Postby halabar » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Stop the presses...

So I did some testing for DPS with that trinket. Eh... Underwhelming. It may turn out to be better for tanks than for dps. If femaledwarf is correct, the trinket, even with 3 buffed cogwheels, still is WAY behind the LFR trinkets, and may even be behind our current 410 trinkets at lvl 90.

It may fair better at lower ranges (haven't compared against the other trinkets from questing or heroics) but it certainly won't be something you use at 90, for dps anyway.

That said, the trinket and the cogwheels are cheap to make, so the may see sales to folks wanting to boost their ilvls and those who have crap trinkets.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:55 pm

A trinket with this kind of stats (green stats that's it) is generally unattractive to DPS compared to a STR / AGI / INT item.

I see that trinket mainly as a tanky stuff.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby superworm » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:18 am

halabar wrote:That said, the trinket and the cogwheels are cheap to make, so the may see sales to folks wanting to boost their ilvls and those who have crap trinkets.

I'm sure just because of this there will be a huge market. Most people level by quests and they usually do not have enough ilvs for heroic dungeons when they just hit 90. Also I think there will be profit for selling lv 78~80 cataclysm greens because of RAF/SoR fresh 80s. At least I myself will make use of RAF and get my monk to lv80 on launch by level granting, and I will definitely need some greens to get enough ilvs for dungeons.
superworm

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:14 am

So.. the unanswered questions that makes a goblin's ear-hairs twitch...

Cauldrons: Will there be one? still haven't seen confirmation one way or the other.

Where do all those blue quality JC ring and neck patterns come from?

Will alchemy get anything else?

Where do those red blood whatever things listed in the tailoring patterns come from?

Will they fix the spawn rate of Trillium?

Apart from that sort of thing, I think we've seen everything we're gonna see for at least the first patch. Things will change, but I don't think in a huge way.

halabar

Postby Mannstein » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:36 am

halabar wrote:
Bandit2568 wrote:Right now the two I think I am going to level are my current two mains that I run anyways.

Mining/BS
Enchanting/Alchemy

I have a third that I haven't worked up professions on yet I am currently thinking Herb/Inscription

Inscription will be strong, a lot of markets to work with.

I think we will have a 100% more market in Inscription and 1000% more goblin competition... (This is Beta so the % can change :D )
i'm starting to think that i'll focus this time in JWC or even Alchemy, the number of persons that i know and are droping Alchemy for Inscription is absurd.

P.S. Every wannabe goblin that i know is going to "change to inscription to make money", which reminds me a bit of the Black Thursday.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Volitaire » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:52 am

I am adding an inscriptionist but not dropping anything for one.
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:21 am

Mannstein wrote:P.S. Every wannabe goblin that i know is going to "change to inscription to make money", which reminds me a bit of the Black Thursday.

Well, it certainly will be server dependent, but assuming you are right...

1) As Alchemy was the go-to in Cata, it was flooded with the wannabes, but, other than Truegold, it was still profitable.

2) I doubt the new Scribes will have the stomach to stay in DMC for long.

3) Sell herbs. :-)

Regarding JC, if you are going to be leveling your JCer, that would be a good way to go, as there are enough world-drop BOP and rep patterns that you'll be ahead of those with JCers as alts.

halabar

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:22 am

Volitaire wrote:I am adding an inscriptionist but not dropping anything for one.

I may be dropping Alch for it on one toon, but then again I had 4 alchemists.. not sure I want to keep all just for Living Steel.

halabar

Postby Holyblaze » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:31 am

I have a lot of peeps that tell me they will be going as a Scribe this time round. I may be selling my herbs as both Alch & Scribe NEED them. I wont lvl my scribe as I am bankning on the masses to AH PvP until the shoulder chants are cheap and will goble them up early. Once LFR comes out they will spike again and I will unload them all at that point. GEMS will still be SICK once LFR comes out. Enchanting...do we really have to talk about the print gold aspect of this one? I mistakenly showed my GM some tricks and now I have to beat her down and still make good margins. haha I keept telling her that farming then crafting was not the best way as those are not free to her in the end.

hehe Getting so amped about MoP just for the new fun on the AH! haha DAMN IT ALL!!!!!!!
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby bldavis » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:41 pm

i will be adding another alch, but that will be my monk on my alliance server
other then that, i will be keeping the same proffessions i have had
that and leveling my druid second will give me flying herbing, now to just train my sister or mom on how to pick herbs for me :twisted:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby rodos » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:50 pm

Holyblaze wrote:Enchanting...do we really have to talk about the print gold aspect of this one?

Recently got into the enchanting biz. Me likey :)

It doesn't have the insane inventory requirements of JC or Inscription, and it has some fun niches to work with (i.e. various old enchants). Having a JC and BS available means I can create all the Cata-level dust, essences and shards I need - sometimes at half the market rate. If only there were a way to cost-effectively craft Small Radiant and Large Brilliant shards. I think I need to do an experiment on the g/hr effectiveness of running BG for Honor to buy lowbie blues. Also considering blowing up some of the backlog of BoE blues that I have from Thunderfury/Sulfuras farm runs. They can sell for quite a bit more than a shard, but very slowly and the deposit costs are pretty high.
rodos

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:55 pm

rodos wrote:
Holyblaze wrote:Enchanting...do we really have to talk about the print gold aspect of this one?

I need to try in ally-side on my server, during Cata it sucked on horde side, not enough demand and too many old timers with it.

halabar

Postby Holyblaze » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:48 pm

rodos wrote:

It doesn't have the insane inventory requirements of JC or Inscription, and it has some fun niches to work with (i.e. various old enchants). Having a JC and BS available means I can create all the Cata-level dust, essences and shards I need - sometimes at half the market rate. If only there were a way to cost-effectively craft Small Radiant and Large Brilliant shards. I think I need to do an experiment on the g/hr effectiveness of running BG for Honor to buy lowbie blues. Also considering blowing up some of the backlog of BoE blues that I have from Thunderfury/Sulfuras farm runs. They can sell for quite a bit more than a shard, but very slowly and the deposit costs are pretty high.

Yeah man...Tmog can sell for HUGE margins, but relisting can be a pain as there is no real high demand for any one item as its based on pure astetics. For instnace, I just droped 6k on a full Blood set for my DK. haha super low lvl greens, but VERY rare to find the full set. While that was just AH prices, I know that I would not have tried to farm them up myself. Time = gold baby! :D
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Zalaria » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:14 am

halabar wrote:Where do all those blue quality JC ring and neck patterns come from?

I can only answer this one out of the list but they're on the trainer in Jade Forest, along with all the Serpent's Eye patterns (small town just north of Dawn's Blossom). They're not purchased with any special tokens or anything, just standard trainer style.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:45 am

Time to make some gold...

What we will have next week:

New talents, and new glyphs, so gold to be made there selling glyphs.

Pet battles, and sellable caged pets. All kinds of possibilities here.

Changes to relic/ranged/etc slots, so potential to make gold selling weapons, wands, and other gear.

What we won't have...

New ore, gems, fish, and other mats. (unless Blizz missed something, hint, check drops on the DMF island)

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta