Remove Advertisements

Herald of the Titans

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: Herald of the Titans

Postby Darielle » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Skye1013 wrote:How much mastery will actually be available with only reforging and gems as the source? That is assuming you can get LK mastery gems.

There are no LK Mastery gems. The way Mastery worked with ratings, it was easy to get ~20 Mastery at lvl 80, but at the time 4.0 hit, all my characters were well beyond ICC-entry, so I imagine at the Ulduar level, around 14-16 Mastery? Although he certainloy won't have quite that much because Mastery wouldn't be his main focus.
Darielle

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Might not be his main focus, but I highly doubt he'll be soloing this achievement ;).

**Yes, I realize the discussion is more or less about him, but there might be others out there that are looking to do this, so I'm trying to avoid focusing entirely on a hunter's perspective.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:07 am

Cool tip re: farming gear faster, and the impact of new talents. GREAT points in fact. Makes me want to do it. Pity my warrior JUST DINGED 81. :(
Kelaan

Postby rodos » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:41 pm

Has anyone done this via OpenRaid? Any feedback? I locked a druid at 80 a while ago to try it with some guildies but interest waned. I'd like to get it done and level the toon up for Mists.

What kind of gear level is required to have a decent chance of success? It was mentioned on the previous page that 226 JP gear + 232 weap/oh + 219 to fill gaps is enough. Any comments on that? It would seem that's pretty easy to obtain, even solo (with LFG).
rodos

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:39 am

eh, solo running myself through the ICC 5 mans was pretty quick and painless. Don't neglect crafted gear either.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:24 am

rodos wrote:Has anyone done this via OpenRaid? Any feedback? I locked a druid at 80 a while ago to try it with some guildies but interest waned. I'd like to get it done and level the toon up for Mists.

What kind of gear level is required to have a decent chance of success? It was mentioned on the previous page that 226 JP gear + 232 weap/oh + 219 to fill gaps is enough. Any comments on that? It would seem that's pretty easy to obtain, even solo (with LFG).

The only ones that absolutely need anything close to full herald gear are tanks and possibly healers. Mastery/cata flask+food makes this an absolute joke so long as everyone knows the fight.

I'd say buy what you can with JP and possibly crafted stuff. Maybe see if you can bum a reg Uld run just to fill in some spots and then go.
Teranoid

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes