SMITE

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

SMITE

Postby Arkesh » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:49 pm

After watching Lore's On Tap vid the other day I was pretty excited to try this out. Just got into the beta today and I'm quite enjoying the new perspective of this MOBA. For anyone who doesn't know SMITE gives you a third person camera whilst making absolutely everything a skill shot. I can't really say if I prefer it to league yet, but it's certainly more fun than I've been having in ranked (lost 200 elo in 3 days FML) so far.

Only played three games, two on Artemis and one on Bastet, Arty plays pretty similar to Ashe, but it's a nightmare trying to land your basic attacks, pretty hard to guage just how far they're going. Bastet on the other hand, the range on her leap is fantastic for leaping out of the jungle and onto a squishy, her damage doesn't seem brilliant but I guess she's more of a bruiser or maybe I just hadn't had enough time. The game barely lastest 15 mins before the enemy surrender as they had two rage quitters.

Anyone else playing?

More Info - https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/
Arkesh

Re: SMITE

Postby bldavis » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:00 pm

ive been in the beta for a while
mostly play Ymir and will be getting Sobek when i get the favor
almost there!

Summoner (i guess?) name is Gleagh
Last edited by bldavis on Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Gracerath » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:01 pm

I'm not playing but I do watch a lot on a youtube channel. For these moba games I do prefer the 3rd person view as opposed to the top-down view like LoL. I think I still prefer Super Monday Night Combat to SMITE though.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:06 pm

btw, if anyone is interested, i can send them a beta invite through refer a friend

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Arkesh » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:44 pm

Had a couple games on Ra last night, just could not land his ulti. When an Eygptian god waves his hands in the air like he just don't care... everyone strafes out of the way -.- His solar beam works really well if you go balls deep into a team fight and cast it on top of everyone though.

Just tried Anubis too, he's brilliant in the jungle, just land your mummify and free kill if you catch someone in there. Love how you can aim his ult post cast as well, again good for going balls deep then you just do your best Halion impression and watch the enemy drop.
Arkesh

Postby Arkesh » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:03 pm

Jungling... has anyone had a jungler on their team that's actually been beneficial? The only benefit I can see is a solo lane, but usually it's 2v1 and you get zoned out... and then the jungler is underleveled so useless for ganking. It's not once or twice, every time I've had someone on our team jungling we've lost because we've got two underleveled players. From now on if anyone calls jungle I'm quitting.

So am I just finding all the worst junglers EU or is it actually doable? The only point I can see to the buffs early game is if you get a kill to give you more of a lead.
Arkesh

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:59 pm

generally no, but the last couple of nights i have ran into a bakasura that jungled and did so decently
if he was starting near my lane, i would help him get the first camp down, proceed to get pushed and then hopefully get a gank, from which we could push the other memeber of the lane opposite me back

solo lane wukong sucks, at least when i play it, though
much prefer ymir for the role

bldavis

Postby Darus » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:34 am

If you start out in the jungle you need to swap into the lane while waiting for spawns. Staying in forests will most likely get you behind.
Darus

Return to Other Games