A Call to Arms - Mists of Pandaria Beta

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: A Call to Arms - Mists of Pandaria Beta

Postby theckhd » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:53 pm

Actually, I have most of the data I need. See the last page in the AT&C Call to Arms thread - I need some data for Hammer of Wrath and the L90 talents.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby theckhd » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:37 pm

Bumping for dodge/parry data:
Level 90 tanks on beta: I want to nail down our parry diminishing returns coefficient with greater accuracy. To do that, I need a lot of data. Luckily, this is the sort of data we can crowdsource, and it doesn't take long for each person to do their part.

What I need:
Naked: Character sheet Strength, parry%, dodge%
Geared: Character sheet Strength, parry%, dodge%, tooltip pre-DR parry% and dodge% from rating (from the tooltip, i.e. X parry rating grants Y% parry before diminishing returns - give me Y; do the same for dodge)

Ideally I'd like to cover a wide range of values, everything from heavily parry-reforged/gemmed to heavily dodge-reforged/gemmed to wearing ret gear with as much STR as you can manage. I need some intermediary points too, so reporting values at each stage of undress would be great too (i.e. write down naked values, then put on one piece of gear and write down the new values, repeat until fully geared).

This should take no more than 10 minutes to do, but if 10-15 people report data, I should have enough to determine the DR coefficient with pretty good accuracy. Feel free to post your data sets here or in the Call to Arms thread.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:35 pm

Would love to help, but unless they've implemented lvl 90 premades, I would only be able to provide lvl 85 data.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Nooska » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:31 am

Same as Skye (and they haven't last I logged in - yesterday), though I could provide levle 90 hunter numbers - though I doubt that helps anything at all.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby theckhd » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:28 am

Skye1013 wrote:Would love to help, but unless they've implemented lvl 90 premades, I would only be able to provide lvl 85 data.

At this point, L85 data is fine. The DR formulas are the same at both levels, the only difference is the Str->parry conversion factor. If I can find a reputable source that gives me that value exactly, then I can use L85 data. See the Call to Arms thread - I just posted my latest surface plot, so you can see where it needs to be filled in.
theckhd

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:01 am

Will see what I can do this evening, might have a bit of patching for the beta, but once it's up to date I should be able to provide something.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:35 am

theckhd wrote:Naked: Character sheet Strength, parry%, dodge%
Geared: Character sheet Strength, parry%, dodge%, tooltip pre-DR parry% and dodge% from rating (from the tooltip, i.e. X parry rating grants Y% parry before diminishing returns - give me Y; do the same for dodge)

Lvl 85 - Human
Naked
Strength - 164
Parry % - 3.67%
Dodge % - 5.01%

Gear 1
Strength - 3195
Parry % - 19.03%
Pre-DR - 2.11%
Dodge % - 10.89%
Pre-DR - 5.72%

Gear 2
Strength - 3641
Parry % - 20.75%
Pre-DR - 2.03%
Dodge % - 9.84%
Pre-DR - 4.61%

Gear 3 (popped a str trinket)
Strength - 5066
Parry % - 26.30%
Pre-DR - 2.03%
Dodge % - 9.84%
Pre-DR - 4.61%

Hope this helps.

Edit: I have a couple of dodge trinkets (1700/1425 dodge) I can pop as well, if you'd like.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta