Herald of the Titans

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Herald of the Titans

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:28 am

So...myself and another guildie are trying to get a couple of toons up for this achievement. As I'm going with a hunter, is there any advice for spec/reforging tips/rotation? I know the abilities all revolve around being 85, but I'm trying to maximize what I got.

Currently I'm going Survival with my rotation being Black Arrow > Serpent Sting > Explosive Shot > Steady shot > arcane shot. If I get a Lock and Load proc, I do a ES with a Steady weaved between the two to allow the 2 sec dot to tick.

I'm also going to look at favoring Crit > Haste > mastery.

Britomarttis on Sargeras is my alt. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... s/advanced

Does any of this sound right?
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Re: Herald of the Titans

Postby Mannstein » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:23 am

I thought Herald of the titans was only related to iLVL.

Does it check if you are a lvl80 or 85?

(at work now, can't check)
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby lythac » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:36 am

Herald of the Titans

"Defeat Algalon the Observer in 10-player mode at level 80 without anyone in the raid wearing any equipment with an item level higher than is available in 10-player Ulduar."

"You shall be granted the title "Herald of the Titans" "
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Kelaan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:56 pm

So, bascially you want to take a toon, level through most of 80 in Hyjal to get gear to farm Ulduar WITH, and then lock your XP gains to stay level 80 while you gather gear. Then, put on that gear and go beat him? :) Sounds like quite an undertaking, but OpenRaid should help.
Kelaan

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:20 pm

Kelaan wrote:So, bascially you want to take a toon, level through most of 80 in Hyjal to get gear to farm Ulduar WITH, and then lock your XP gains to stay level 80 while you gather gear. Then, put on that gear and go beat him? :) Sounds like quite an undertaking, but OpenRaid should help.

um...
the level 80 gear is ICC+ ilvl so you wouldnt be able to use it for HotT

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Amirya » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:37 pm

What?

Did Ulduar and Naxxramas and Obsidian Sanctum and Eye of Eternity quit handing out gear?

edited because I can't get names right today
Last edited by Amirya on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:44 pm

oh misread....
oops

and i meant the gear from hyjal

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Amirya » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:45 pm

I don't think you read the post correctly.

Get the Hyjal gear, wear it to go back and farm Ulduar for appropriate ilvl gear to obtain HoT, then when it's time, don the appropriate ilvl gear to get HoT.

Not "use Hyjal gear to get HoT."
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:49 pm

Amirya wrote:I don't think you read the post correctly.

Get the Hyjal gear, wear it to go back and farm Ulduar for appropriate ilvl gear to obtain HoT, then when it's time, don the appropriate ilvl gear to get HoT.

Not "use Hyjal gear to get HoT."

like i said...i misread :?
the last line was to clarify what i meant in response to you

bldavis

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:59 pm

I do wonder how the changes for 5.0 are going to affect trying to get this. Any thoughts on if it might be easier/harder?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:12 pm

It'll be easier. The tools that people will have at 80 will be hilarious. A Bear at 80 using Ulduar gear using Savage Defense might just be unhittable when he/she uses Savage Defense. Raid damage will be much easier to handle, and many classes/spec who don't have personal cd's now will have them.

I'm also going to look at favoring Crit > Haste > mastery.

Follow basic Survival stuff. When you meet the threshold, MAstery should still outdo Haste even at 80 when Cobra isn't available.
Darielle

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:03 pm

How much mastery will actually be available with only reforging and gems as the source? That is assuming you can get LK mastery gems.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:54 am

Kelaan wrote:So, bascially you want to take a toon, level through most of 80 in Hyjal to get gear to farm Ulduar WITH, and then lock your XP gains to stay level 80 while you gather gear. Then, put on that gear and go beat him? :) Sounds like quite an undertaking, but OpenRaid should help.

The title goes account wide and as you can only attain it at level 80 and requires some work it means the title is fairly unique.

Also you don't have to farm Ulduar that much, can do the Heroic ICC 5 mans for a 232 weapon and the regular ICC 5 mans for 219 gear, which with new talents and increased player power are more than enough to beat the encounter. With one 85 boosting four 80s through the ICC 5mans the gear comes fast. Can also get 226 tier from justice points which you obtain fastest by running the Cata level 80 dungeons.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:26 am

Does that work? I seem to remember ilevel 232 gear from the ToC raid not being eligible toward the achievement, despite being below Ulduar hard mode ilevel.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:36 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Does that work? I seem to remember ilevel 232 gear from the ToC raid not being eligible toward the achievement, despite being below Ulduar hard mode ilevel.

Ulduar 10 hardmode ilevel = 232 for weapons, 226 for everything else. Source is irrelevant, as long as it meets those ilevel constraints it'll work so he's correct.
Rhiannon

Next

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes