Remove Advertisements

Paladin tanking specs for MoP

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Paladin tanking specs for MoP

Postby ayashi » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:28 am

Your point is taken, PoJ can have some specific uses dependant on enconter mecanics (though honestly i find PoJ use rather narrow. ie: on heigan constant movement over a very orelonged period of time dance, the LAotL 50% uptime wouldn't be a problem, but i disgress...). Which means that the only apropriate talent discution would be on a boss per boss basis. Most probably changing on different difficulty level and on your guild chosen strategy.
While your point is quite valid, don't you think that having a "this talent if this boss mecanic, and that talent if that other boss mecanic is present" is a better system than having list with what talents to use on what boss ?
I mean, the second will be quite hard to remember when we'll reach 3 tiers of content with 3 difficulty levels (normal, nerfed HC and un-nerfed double-heroics), not to mention that the list might vary from guild to guild.
ayashi

Re: Paladin tanking specs for MoP

Postby daishan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:49 am

Just crossed my mind that how useful LAotL and to a lesser extent PoJ is will depend if we're hit/exp capped, no good relying on a nice 45% speed boost only to have it miss.
I'm assuming LAotL procs on hit not cast.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta