MoP Goblin profiteering theorycrafting

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: MoP Goblin profiteering theorycrafting

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:39 pm

Flex wrote:
halabar wrote:
Flex wrote:Leg Enchants I can find on wowhead show that they need one SoH.

Then they tweaked it some, but even then, with the drop rates, those are going to be in short supply. Let's say you farm up 24 of them while leveling. First, you need to be a LW, or level it after. How many people are LW's? Even at one each, that's not gonna be enough, they are going to be expensive.

This is nothing new.

Also the tailoring patterns are limited by a once a day cooldown.

And your point is?...

Mine is that leg enchants are going to be extremely hard to come by, and that I think they'll change this. If not, there's profit there if someone chooses to chase that market.

Not sure what you're trying to say.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:43 pm

I'm saying being hard to come by isn't anything new so not sure what needs to be changed. Also that the comparison to the tailoring one not requiring them isn't worth making since the tailoring one is limited in its own way. Also there are easy to obtain lower quality ones that you can easily pick up if you are unwilling to spend for the higher tier one.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:00 pm

[quote="Flex"]I'm saying being hard to come by isn't anything new so not sure what needs to be changed. Also that the comparison to the tailoring one not requiring them isn't worth making since the tailoring one is limited in its own way. Also there are easy to obtain lower quality ones that you can easily pick up if you are unwilling to spend for the higher tier one.[/quote]

Bolded is a fair point, but I don't remember any previous consumable craftables that were limited to this degree. Past items were a byproduct of skinning or herbing (or even mining), and were thus, while rare, still more accessible that items that only drop from mob kills at a very low rate.

If the don't change it, I'll be sure to make a deal with a leatherworker who is leveling and get him to craft, and resell for a tidy profit. Well, a major profit.

halabar

Postby bldavis » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:10 pm

this is just giving me even more reason to have my hunter and druid as my main two toons
LW and scribe

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:22 pm

New build: Loads of WotLK enchants changed to use less mats, mostly reduced quantities of Dust and Greater Cosmic Essences.

They also added mats to the BS-crafted raid epics: Living Steel x 6 or 8, Blood Essence x 6 or 8, Spirit of Harmony x 2 or 3.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Newsom » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:40 pm

I'm really confused and worried about Spirit of Harmony being BoP. It's going to be hard to get friends and guildies craft stuff if they have to grind random mobs just to make stuff. Not to mention crafting alts. It was bad enough with Chaos Orbs in the beginning of Cata. Really, what is the point in them being BoP?

Yet another thing to make us burn out from playing our alts.

Has anyone tried posting about this on the US beta forums? (Don't tell me Blizzard reads the EU forums)
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Newsom wrote:I'm really confused and worried about Spirit of Harmony being BoP. It's going to be hard to get friends and guildies craft stuff if they have to grind random mobs just to make stuff. Not to mention crafting alts. It was bad enough with Chaos Orbs in the beginning of Cata. Really, what is the point in them being BoP?

Has anyone tried posting about this on the US beta forums? (Don't tell me Blizzard reads the EU forums)

I've been posting in the beta forums, and have seen several threads about it. No blue responses.

halabar

Postby Xequecal » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:16 pm

Newsom wrote:I'm really confused and worried about Spirit of Harmony being BoP. It's going to be hard to get friends and guildies craft stuff if they have to grind random mobs just to make stuff. Not to mention crafting alts. It was bad enough with Chaos Orbs in the beginning of Cata. Really, what is the point in them being BoP?

I really don't think they like the idea of crafting alts at all. They want people to interact. Not have three people with 5 crafting alts each and all the professions selling everything to everyone on the server.

It also stretches out the longevity of the content without making you feel rammed into an artificial brick wall where you have no progression options. Want to learn all the JC recipes? Well here's a way to learn more than one a day, but it's going to cost you.

I also get the impression that it will cut down on RMT and botting. You can bot an ore circuit and let it run overnight, sure, but you can't make anything out of the ore. Your only option is to try to sell all the ore yourself, and one account putting up 50,000 ore at once on the AH is probably going to raise a flag. You can't "launder" the ore through various items so it looks legit.
Xequecal

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:28 pm

I dont know about all that Xeq. If there is gold to be made, people will find a way to do it. Doing the shuffle will forever be part of WoW me thinks.
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:30 pm

haha well...in som iteration that is to say..
Holyblaze

Postby rodos » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:36 pm

halabar wrote:
Flex wrote:I'm saying being hard to come by isn't anything new so not sure what needs to be changed. Also that the comparison to the tailoring one not requiring them isn't worth making since the tailoring one is limited in its own way. Also there are easy to obtain lower quality ones that you can easily pick up if you are unwilling to spend for the higher tier one.

Bolded is a fair point, but I don't remember any previous consumable craftables that were limited to this degree. Past items were a byproduct of skinning or herbing (or even mining), and were thus, while rare, still more accessible that items that only drop from mob kills at a very low rate.

If the don't change it, I'll be sure to make a deal with a leatherworker who is leveling and get him to craft, and resell for a tidy profit. Well, a major profit.

Epic spellthreads and leg armors required Primal Nether in BC and Frozen Orb in Wrath - both BoP at the start, with Nethers arguably much more difficult to obtain due to difficulty of heroics and lack of RDF. Epic spellthreads in Cata require a BoP daily cooldown (or 4 chaos orbs). Cata leg armors "only" require Pristine Hide, so they are in fact the first crafted epic leg enchant that never required a BoP item.

What the relative availability of Spirit of Harmony is compared to, say, Primal Nether we shall have to see. Farming up Chaos Orbs was a PitA at the start of Cata because the heroics were long and you could lose the roll at the end anyway. At least you can farm SoH solo.
rodos

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:07 pm

It kind of works out though, since you have to farm mobs for skins anyway.

As for the expense... compare to high end enchants before trollroics.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:40 am

Skye1013 wrote:It kind of works out though, since you have to farm mobs for skins anyway.

As for the expense... compare to high end enchants before trollroics.

Who's farming mobs? I'm sitting in starting zones skinning... :-)

But it's true that I might be looking at this with Cata colored glasses. Either way, profits to be made if you can make the right arrangements.

halabar

Postby Holyblaze » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:42 am

I dont know Hala, I say it will flesh out, in the end, how it always does in WoW. Those that can do. We will find ways to make the gold that we want. We will do what it takes.

I sold alot of TBC/Wrath stuff for the lvlers of Worgens. I will do so again for Pandas. While I am sitting on alot of supplies for such action, I will be working over the new stuff from MoP as well. Make it coming and going. I will, like I always do, sell till the maket drops out and then lvl my own Proffs.

In the end though, no matter what we do, if we buy low and sell high it will be gooder times had by all that wish it.

- Holyblaze
Holyblaze

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:10 am

http://us.battle.net//wow/en/blog/6968167
Let’s get right to it. Spirit of Harmony is a Bind on Pickup (or “BoP” to veterans) crafting material that can be found on every lootable creature in every zone in Pandaria -- from dungeons to the outdoor world. Intially, we want crafters to be out in the world adventuring instead of camping out in front of an auctioneer, hoping to score some cheap mats.

We understand that this may be of concern to those who play a variety of profession alts, and may consider other options for the future, including the possibility of allowing Spirits of Harmony to be Bind to Account in a future patch.

In addition to serving as a core crafting ingredient, Spirit of Harmony can also be used to purchase a variety of additional bonuses or materials that your character may need. While not every profession will get equal value out of them, most everyone will need to collect them for one reason or another.
Here are some examples of the many ways that Spirit of Harmony can be used:

Alchemy: Purchase an extra Transmute.
Archaeology: Purchase a restored artifact.
Cooking: Exchange for an Ironpaw Token.
Enchanting: Buy reagents.
Engineering: New mounts and personal goggles.
Herbalism: Purchase herbs.
Jewelcrafting: Use to purchase extra daily discoveries.
Tailoring, Blacksmithing, Leatherworking: Used to create epic items.

Purchasing materials may not ultimately be the most efficient way to gain resources, but it can be an added convenience to purchase something with Spirit of Harmony rather than going back into the world to get it. The Spirit of Harmony vendor can be found in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta