Remove Advertisements

Recruitment posts

Looking for Paladin? Looking for guild? Post here.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, honorshammer

Recruitment posts

Postby honorshammer » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:04 pm

When I was guild shopping, this is what I wanted to know.

Server Name
Server Time Zone, (EST/CST/PST) if US, or EU
Faction
PVP Server or PVE Server
# days you raid
Times you raid
Expected Role
Loot system

These are the things I needed to know. You may want to keep them in mind as you make your posts.
Last edited by honorshammer on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
honorshammer

Postby Thels » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:46 am

Faction would be a nice addition. Alliance or Horde.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby eia » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:16 am

American or European server might be nice too. :P
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Postby Ayasune » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:31 am

As i look throughout the board, i'm really shocked by some threads, especially those where a pally is lookin' for a guild.
You should include much more information about yourself, your character, raid schedules and motivation, your former raid experience and so on.

For example, you should go for some of the Basic Questions a raid- or guild leader is always interested in:
  • Information about you. Who are you, where ya come from, and especially for this is an international Board: What's your native language, what languages do you speak in addition?
  • Information about your character, your spec and gear. Why did you choose to be a tankadin? Why do you use the spec you are usin?
  • Game- and raiding experience: What raiding instances did you see and in which role? Did you use to play your paladin all the time, eventually tanking throughout, or were you playin another class then? What experience did you especially do as tankadin?
  • What do you expect from a guild you are in? What's your focus in World of Warcraft, where's your way leading and why would you go for a certain guild whether not chosing another?
  • Playtime: When are you up for raids, for World of Warcraft overall? Are there certain times/days you're not?
  • Contact: How and when may a guild leader who's interested conact you? MSN, ICQ, Email...?

As i am guild-leading myself, no application not containing these informations would ever be mentioned. Watching through applications, and especially having a talk to a certain applicant takes time, and time is one thing a guild leader hasn't got....so make sure your application sounds interesting and contains valuable information in a structured form.

At least, a good application is the key to open the first door to your new guild: Having a personal talk to the guild lead or officers.
Ayasune

Postby Thels » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:39 am

How far someone is on Hyjal/BT attunement would also be welcome info nowadays.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby terius » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:54 am

is this mainly for tanks that are raiding
terius

Postby Diocaska » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:09 am

Could people please state if they are US/EU. Not all of us here are from the US :P
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Re: Recruitment posts

Postby Diocaska » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:32 am

Bump for above post. If you're posting looking for guild, or looking for players, can you please state in the title if you're a US guild or a EU guild.
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Return to Recruitment