Remove Advertisements

MoP Goblin profiteering theorycrafting

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: MoP Goblin profiteering theorycrafting

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:16 pm

I'm waiting for the Kapyrite market to spike and then crash harder than a North Korean rocket once the goblin engineers make their one rocket and never make another again.. since there's only one item in game that uses it.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby rodos » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:57 pm

halabar wrote:I'm waiting for the Kapyrite market to spike and then crash harder than a North Korean rocket once the goblin engineers make their one rocket and never make another again.. since there's only one item in game that uses it.

Blacksmithing has had some Kyparite recipes added: http://mop.wowhead.com/item=72093#reagent-for

I'd expect there may be more on the way, and it's possible that higher level items added later will use it too.
rodos

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:03 pm

rodos wrote:
halabar wrote:I'm waiting for the Kapyrite market to spike and then crash harder than a North Korean rocket once the goblin engineers make their one rocket and never make another again.. since there's only one item in game that uses it.

Blacksmithing has had some Kyparite recipes added: http://mop.wowhead.com/item=72093#reagent-for

I'd expect there may be more on the way, and it's possible that higher level items added later will use it too.

You mean it won't be like that one outlands ore?... :-)

halabar

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:30 pm

rodos wrote:

I just took a look, NO one is gonna make that gear unless drop rates change dramatically, or the mats change. 5 Spirits of Harmony for a blue 463 weapon? Not a chance. and 8 for the 476 gear? Doubt that too.

And even at one bar, the Living Steel Belt Buckles are gonna be expensive...

halabar

Postby rodos » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:40 pm

halabar wrote:
rodos wrote:

I just took a look, NO one is gonna make that gear unless drop rates change dramatically, or the mats change. 5 Spirits of Harmony for a blue 463 weapon? Not a chance. and 8 for the 476 gear? Doubt that too.

You're probably right. The entry-level craftable blue weapons in Cata were ridiculous. Thousands of gold worth of truegold and 3 chaos orbs. I can't imagine many of them got crafted.

To me, the Spirit of Harmony requirements look a bit high across the board. Maybe a drop-rate buff will happen before launch, but I don't have a huge hope of that. I think Blizzard vastly underestimated the price (i.e. supply shortage) of volatiles at Cata launch, particularly volatile air.
rodos

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:06 pm

rodos wrote:To me, the Spirit of Harmony requirements look a bit high across the board. Maybe a drop-rate buff will happen before launch, but I don't have a huge hope of that. I think Blizzard vastly underestimated the price (i.e. supply shortage) of volatiles at Cata launch, particularly volatile air.

They are way high, but the strange thing is they are cutting them out of patterns instead of buffing the drop rate. Not sure they have a clear plan here.

(I made a lot of gold from those V Air, being an miner/engineer... even before I had an alchemist...)

halabar

Postby Xequecal » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:06 am

Honestly, LW is looking more and more like the go-to profession for tanks. You even get a cheap version of the high end leg armor for yourself, avoiding having to pay the insane price.
Xequecal

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:35 am

Xequecal wrote:Honestly, LW is looking more and more like the go-to profession for tanks. You even get a cheap version of the high end leg armor for yourself, avoiding having to pay the insane price.

It's expensive to level though, and tedious.

There certainly is profit potential, if you are getting enough motes of Harmony to produce and sell the leg enchants, but right now it seems that LW needs a pass on reducing those mats, as they aren't in line with the other professions. As it stands right now, those leg enchants will be insanely expensive, or simply not available.

halabar

Postby Flex » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:05 am

I think I got about 14 Spirits of Harmony leveling from 87 to finishing Dread Wastes post 90. The weapons will pretty much be made for the blacksmith.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:54 am

Flex wrote:I think I got about 14 Spirits of Harmony leveling from 87 to finishing Dread Wastes post 90. The weapons will pretty much be made for the blacksmith.

Or one engineering mount, or 4-5 leg enchants.

Unless they change those drop rates, there could be a serious lack of crafting going on of anything that requires them.

halabar

Postby Flex » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:59 am

I guess I didn't find the drop rate that bad.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:06 pm

Flex wrote:I guess I didn't find the drop rate that bad.

Sure, if you are only planning on crafting one item.

The engineering mounts currently take 12, so those are gonna be kinda rare.

So are leg enchants. Who is going to go back and farm for those once they are done leveling? With the leg enchants requiring 3 SoH each, you could see the leg enchants costing 20k or more, maybe even 50k.

halabar

Postby Flex » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:23 pm

Leg Enchants I can find on wowhead show that they need one SoH.
Flex

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:27 pm

Flex wrote:Leg Enchants I can find on wowhead show that they need one SoH.

Then they tweaked it some, but even then, with the drop rates, those are going to be in short supply. Let's say you farm up 24 of them while leveling. First, you need to be a LW, or level it after. How many people are LW's? Even at one each, that's not gonna be enough, they are going to be expensive.

Considering the Tailoring ones don't require them, I expect them to get removed, or Tailoring to get an overhaul.

halabar

Postby Flex » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:33 pm

halabar wrote:
Flex wrote:Leg Enchants I can find on wowhead show that they need one SoH.

Then they tweaked it some, but even then, with the drop rates, those are going to be in short supply. Let's say you farm up 24 of them while leveling. First, you need to be a LW, or level it after. How many people are LW's? Even at one each, that's not gonna be enough, they are going to be expensive.

This is nothing new.

Also the tailoring patterns are limited by a once a day cooldown.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta