Remove Advertisements

League of Legends

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: League of Legends

Postby Levantine » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:36 am

Not going to lie, twitch and eve are hilariously fun for pubstomping. Getting kind of keen to play a lane with you on Leona now that I'm back to fighting form with her. Should be funsies with leonas ability to make peopl not move ever if i can land my initiate properly, and she's better than Shen at no farm supporting. Should be a cakewalk if we jump on vent and coordinate properly.
Levantine

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:15 am

You available now, or busy? Cause I'm just messing around atm.

Edit: On PK vent if you're able :D
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:36 am

Things I learned today:

Skye has the makings of a good lol player, just needs to work on his timing and positioning more which comes with practice.

I should absolutely not play LoL when I'm tired and my reactions are slow. I was rubbish in the last few games and couldn't land a zenith strike or solar flare if my life depended on it. Dear god that was brutal. I missed their Morgana and Sona more times than I can count, which usually resulted in multiple deaths instead of multiple kills.

Good Fiddles are fucking scary. Like wow day fiddles carried. Hard.
Levantine

Postby bldavis » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:40 am

i would have joined you guys last night, but after spending a couple hrs sitting with my mom, i just watched a movie and crashed

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:06 pm

No worries bldavis. I was noobing it up enough for the both of us :P
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Arkesh » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:27 pm

Just fallen back in love with Maokai jungle again. Took a lesson from TheOddOne and rushed boots of mobilty, unnofficially aced the team in under 3 mins with ganks. Though by the end of the game ezreal had managed to perfect his arcane shift + flash combo resulting in me getting dragged along for miles, fun but irritating. I need to play more of him and shyv in ranked, keep getting teams that do no damage mid-late game, maokai can pack a punch mid game. Shyv is just my favouritist dragonlady ever, but the lack of real ganking potential early puts me off in ranked, same with skarner.
Arkesh

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:58 pm

Might have just been the team I was going up against, but had some fun with Amumu. Started out getting a few early kills (just barely missed First Blood) and by the end of the match, I was easily surviving 2v1, and usually surviving 3v1. Kill count wasn't amazing, but I still had fun.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby aureon » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:18 am

Memo for me: When the ranked karma decides to fuck you over, it's done.
First game: Jax top, 4/0 in 10 minutes,
Meanwhile, the combined score of the botlane is 0/19.
Second game: Jax top, 3/0 in 10 minutes, with no friendly ganks, #1 in CKs of both teams.
Botlane has given 9 kills and gotten none, the jungler is crashing repeteadly, and the mid is 0/5/0.
aureon

Postby Arkesh » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:59 pm

Grr, I hate soloqueue. It's so damned hard to communicate in champ select when people just don't talk until you have 10 secs left to pick your champ. Just had to dodge a queue after asking Xin and Ali if they were jungling, ali said no, xin didn't reply, so I assumed he was gonna go top as he didn't have smite. So I picked Shyvana then Xin and the mid he queued with both raged at me... Fucking learn how to type then. I don't know if the amount of languages in europe is part of it, but people only speak to rage at someone... I don't think anyone realises that through half decent communication rage can be avoided 99% of the time. /facedesk
Arkesh

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:54 pm

Ok, so someone please explain to me how runes work...

Do I buy each type once and can use them as often as I want?

Is each rune usable once per rune page?

Does each rune only fill one slot, so I'll ultimately have to spend a shit ton of IP/RP to fill out multiple rune pages?
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Gab » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:24 am

Skye1013 wrote:Does each rune only fill one slot, so I'll ultimately have to spend a shit ton of IP/RP to fill out multiple rune pages?

This one. You need 9x of seals/glyphs/marks and 3x quints per rune page. You can use the same 9 runes (3 quints) on multiple pages.

Haven't played a lot lately thanks to DotA 2 but from my experience there are some glyphs which are pretty much universally useful. So they make good starting points.

Marks: Flat Armor Pen, Flat Magic Pen
Seals: Flat Armor, Flat Health
Glyphs: Flat/Per Level CDR, Flat/Per Level MR
Quints: Flat Health, Flat Armor Pen, Flat Magic Pen

I hear there are some new glyphs as well as some nerfs that happened at some point. Someone who still plays regularly might be able to give you more up to date advice.

Edit: I'm pretty sure it's already been mentioned but don't waste IP on T2 glyphs, it's almost always better to save up for T3 glyphs. The only exception might be the holiday runes, they are T2.5 basically and are priced at (or below?) T2 prices. For example I didn't play Jax much when the old dodge mechanic was around but when the holiday dodge runes were up for sale I snagged some just to try him out. It's still going to be better in the long run just to save up for T3, but the holiday runes are decent filler for the price.
Gab

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:19 pm

^Thanks.

I've been working on learning how to play Ezreal and in doing so I think I've found a common link amongst the champs I enjoy: skillshots. Not sure if it's the inherent challenge or what, but of the ones I've played the most (Amumu, Ezreal, Sivir, Twitch) three of them have skillshots. I suppose you could argue Twitch's ult is somewhat of a skillshot as well (trying to hit multiple enemies, or using creep to hit champs behind them.)

Does anyone here use the "smart casting" option when playing? While reading the guides for Ezreal, a number of them have suggested utilizing this feature.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Arkesh » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:27 am

I don't have smartcasting enabled as the default setting, but I do use Shift + Q-R for just about everything. I tend to just use the targeted cast if I want to take my time and make sure it gets everything I want, for example Morgana's W on a minion wave. But in a team fight where I need to be unloading damage as fast as I can I'll be smart casting. It is just so much quicker to smart cast on most champions, but especially ones like Ryze where you can drop three abilities in less than a second.
Arkesh

Postby _Chloe » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:46 am

If anyone wants to friend me on LoL, summoner name is Oobies.
_Chloe

Postby Aubade » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:47 pm

O.o I didn't know you were still alive _Chloe! Long time no see. NA Summoner? or EU?

Also; more people from Mtadin should add me, I'm on pretty often in the evenings, and in my "Maintankadin" Friend folder, there's like 2 people.. pretty sad haha.

Aubade - NA
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games