MoP Crafted gear....

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

MoP Crafted gear....

Postby Ironshaft » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:17 am

So, looking through MoP WoWhead, there appears to be three levels of crafted gear for level 90.

Item Level 450 blues that will be pre-heroic failsafe items (MoP heroics drop 463 item level gear) and whos patterns are trainer taught. Every crafter in game should have these.

Item Level 468 epics that are pre-raid failsafe items (the first MoP raid will drop 476 item level gear for the most part) but will require the crafted to have honored rep with the specific faction that is selling the pattern. Only crafters who have gained the rep will have these patterns.

Item Level 496 epics in the chest and hands slots whos patterns appear to be raid drops. Only raider mains will probably have these patterns.

Looking through what is in the database; two things jumped out at me that I had questions about.

1. It appears that resilience on the PvP gear is now an "extra" budget rather than taking up "regular" budget stat points. Items still have Stam/Primary and then TWO secondary stats plus resilience rather than just ONE secondary plus resilience. A very nice change for the PvE crowd.

2. Because of this, some specs get a big advantage for using that gear for PvE over others to get ready for heroics.

Cloth healer Priests can use the crafted PvP gear without penalty as a version comes with Spirit and another secondary stat in all slots. Holy Paladins are in the same boat.

However, healing Druids/Monks/Shaman will not want to use that gear because none of the Intellect gear comes with Spirit. They all have 2 secondary stats but none of it is Spirit.

Unbalanced? Some gear not in the game files yet? Or working as intended.

Also, Plate wearers appear to have an advantage due to a full set of Tank and Healing PvE crafted item level 450 plate items appear in game (Masterwork Lightsteel, Masterwork Ghost-Forged) where none of the other armor classes have that.

Unbalanced? Some gear not in game files yet? Or working as intended.

I had not looked yet to see if there were item level 450 crafted cloaks/rings/necks/weapons but that is what jumped out at me from an armor prespective.

IS
Ironshaft

Re: MoP Crafted gear....

Postby PsiVen » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:35 am

I think it's clear from the game files that not everything is implemented from professions. It's one of the very last things they push in the beta as it requires little testing.

It is fairly likely, however, that some imbalance will exist due to the available itemization. Happens every tier.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby djlar » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:46 pm

Seen several patterns on the new MoP factions, it's going to be a grind to get them, you need exalted for epics, even with unlimited dailies, there's only a limited number of dailies per faction..
djlar

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:03 pm

Ironshaft wrote:1. It appears that resilience on the PvP gear is now an "extra" budget rather than taking up "regular" budget stat points. Items still have Stam/Primary and then TWO secondary stats plus resilience rather than just ONE secondary plus resilience. A very nice change for the PvE crowd.

2. Because of this, some specs get a big advantage for using that gear for PvE over others to get ready for heroics.

Cloth healer Priests can use the crafted PvP gear without penalty as a version comes with Spirit and another secondary stat in all slots. Holy Paladins are in the same boat.

However, healing Druids/Monks/Shaman will not want to use that gear because none of the Intellect gear comes with Spirit. They all have 2 secondary stats but none of it is Spirit.

Unbalanced? Some gear not in the game files yet? Or working as intended.

Also, Plate wearers appear to have an advantage due to a full set of Tank and Healing PvE crafted item level 450 plate items appear in game (Masterwork Lightsteel, Masterwork Ghost-Forged) where none of the other armor classes have that.

Unbalanced? Some gear not in game files yet? Or working as intended.

I had not looked yet to see if there were item level 450 crafted cloaks/rings/necks/weapons but that is what jumped out at me from an armor prespective.

IS

If they did what they said they were going to do, resilience doesn't cost anything for the item budget, but the PvP items should be a lower ilvl, so while useable, they're supposed to not be quite as powerful.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby superworm » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:14 pm

Currently the pvp honor gear ilv is 464 and the conquest gear ilv is 483. I would say they are variable gear, especially for DDs and monk/bear tanks. Besides that, the trinkets are really good, among which there are some trinkets which has passive primary status and an on-use status boost. If I play a DD, then I will choose those trinkets above all other current pve trinkets except heroic ones with no doubt. For tanks, there is also a trinket with passive mastery and on-use health boost (2 minutes cooldown).
And I think pvp gear should be available from the first week. So that means one can at least grab some 464 honor gear instead of 463 heroic dungeon gear, before going into Mogushan Vaults.
superworm

Postby halabar » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:32 pm

So, speaking of crafted gear, behold the new engineering goggles...

My Favorite Martian?..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby bldavis » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:18 pm

thank god for tmogging?
(is there an engineering-ish eye patch?)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:50 pm

Why would you want to transmog such a beauty. Will fit nicely with my draenei's horns.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:55 pm

Worldie wrote:Why would you want to transmog such a beauty. Will fit nicely with my draenei's horns.

Gonna be a challenge to build a set around those... They do look better than the T14 hunter helm, that's for sure. And yes, the gears move, and the arc arcs.. and the one eye thing rotates.

Certainly doesn't fit with the Panda gear otherwise.

halabar

Postby Xequecal » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:03 am

Out of curiosity, what is the dodge rating to dodge chance formula at level 90? I ask because the engineering glove enchant gives 20,520 dodge rating, (for 10 sec with a 1 min cooldown) which seems like a fairly ridiculous amount.
Xequecal

Postby bldavis » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:25 am

Worldie wrote:Why would you want to transmog such a beauty. Will fit nicely with my draenei's horns.

cause my engineers are a worgen and a gnome
and horde side a belf and a goblin

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nooska » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:49 am

bldavis wrote:

cause my engineers are a worgen and a gnome
and horde side a belf and a goblin

Well for the gnome and goblin they are perfect.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby bldavis » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:41 am

the eyepatch question was for my worgen

bldavis

Postby halabar » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:43 am

bldavis wrote:the eyepatch question was for my worgen

The best eyepatch is the one that drops from the rarespawn in SMV. Collidius or something like that.

halabar

Postby PsiVen » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:58 am

http://mop.wowhead.com/item=77539

The design is cool, but I don't dig the green lens. I would probably transmog them into the Cataclysm goggles eventually.

The good news: At ilvl 476, the only upgrade available during Mogu'shan Vaults is the VP helm requiring Shado-Pan Revered.

The bad news: At ilvl 476, it will be immediately replaced by LFR or Normal Garalon or Tier once Heart of Fear is open. They also cost 6x Living Steel (the new Truegold) making them potentially more expensive than in Cataclysm.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta