Remove Advertisements

Diablo 3 is live!

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Diablo 3 is live!

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:47 pm

And I'm done...

Sold off my OP reduced level weapon, sold of all of but about 300k gold, and the proceeds will be funding MoP. It was interesting, but with MoP starting up, I don't have the time nor the patience to begin to pound my head against the door in front of me.

$35 for Panda from playing a free game, not bad...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby gtechman » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:54 am

Leveled a HuntarD. Got him up to A4 Inferno but mainly have been farming A3 Elites. Easy enough but keeps me entertained with all the varieties of mobs. Much easier than my Wizard imo. In fact I was content farming A3 for a while but on a whim I just finished the act solo.

Working on a Barb now slowly. Still farming for items in anticipation of PVP.
gtechman

Postby Flex » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:35 am

We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby lythac » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:08 am

This excited me for unknown reasons to me (unknown as I kinda just stopped mid way through Act I Inferno for no real reason) -

We’re removing Enrage Timers and the “heal back to full” behavior from Champion and Rare monster packs

Then I got to this part and felt silly about the first exciting me -

*P.S. We’re getting rid of the Invulnerable Minions monster affix.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Flex » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:25 am

I'm exciting for possibly having a use for all that Fury my Barbarian generates.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Flex » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:51 am

Flex

Postby Sagara » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:54 am

Hardcore mode does that to you, yo.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Flex » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:09 am

The Barbarian 1.0.4 preview seemed much more in depth than the Monk or Wizard one.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:21 am

Patch is in about a week! Maybe I can finally finish Inferno with the nerfs :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:25 am

Introducing the Paragon System
The new Paragon system coming in patch 1.0.4 is designed to address Magic Find gear-swapping while providing players who’ve reached level 60 with an extended progression system.

Here’s how it works:
After you hit level 60, any further experience you earn from killing monsters will begin to count toward Paragon levels
There are 100 Paragon levels
Every Paragon level will reward you with:
Core stats such as Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Vitality in amounts similar to what you’d gain from a normal level
3% Magic Find and 3% Gold Find
In addition, a distinctive increasingly-impressive border will surround your character portrait in the in-game party frame to denote your Paragon progression, with a new frame earned after every ten levels. Your Paragon level will also be visible to other players wherever your normal level is shown

Auction Updates

We're upping the allowed number of "Preferred Stats" per search from 3 to 6.
We've replaced “Minimum Damage” with “Average Damage” as a searchable stat, which can be calculated as follows: (Min Damage + Max Damage) / 2. So, for example, searching for an Average Damage of 12 will find an item with 10-14 damage, 12 Minimum damage, or 24 Maximum damage.
Stat increases which come from slotted gems will no longer be factored in when searching for equipment. Instead, your search criteria will only take into account the base stat values for an item.
Flex

Postby djlar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:40 am

Ran entire act 2 inferno last night.. nerfs on mobs can be seen but I didn't feel that I was doing more DPS on the "buffs" received.

Also bunch of crap dropped as expected, no significant i63 item (bunch of blues and couple of yellows with crap stats)

Didn't get to ding one paragon level, most of the people that joined the run were also at zero...
djlar

Postby Flex » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:00 am

Hit Paragon level 3, and over halfway through it today. Make sure to snag a helm with a gem socket and stick a ruby in there. Monster kills and kill streaks are the only way to level so getting an XP bonus on that is nice.

Finally able to kill Ghom in act 3 inferno and then went back to farming a bit after unlocking the bridge start point. The Fury spender buffs were great for giving me lots more build variability in farming content and a bit more for progression. The nerf to reflective damage not proccing LoH hurt my progression a bit.

ETA

Big lovely changes to my Witch Doctor. Never really loving any of the direct damage spells (Zombie Bears is pretty awesome though) the pet damage changes are great. My dogs will tank and live through trash packs now allowing me to dump much more quickly animated Acid Rains and Firebombs on them.
Flex

Postby djlar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:37 pm

I see that acid rain got a nice buff? I'll dust off my WD tonight and try it out..

For my DH, I'm still wanting those bows with 2 sockets.. mmmm red and green gems or 2 greens? 2 reds?
djlar

Postby Flex » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:59 pm

djlar wrote:I see that acid rain got a nice buff? I'll dust off my WD tonight and try it out..

Aside from the damage buffs a lot of the Witch Doctor animations were sped up so you can be more mobile or chain things together faster. It creates a small but noticeable smoothness to the game play bringing it more in line with the other classes.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:01 pm

I don't really know how you people survive in act 3 and further.

Now running with 1200 life on hit, 1100 phisical resists, 9000 armor, I get literally annihilated by the first trash pack.

I don't really know how to progress any further. All my gear is lvl 61-62 with double resist (fire/phis + AR), armor, vita, str...
Actually...
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Worl ... o/16160038

I just don't know what to do anymore. How do you guys even survive melee hits from mobs?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games