So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:24 pm

Levantine wrote:And you get to do it in style


And without some of the Bizarre routes it takes:
ie Goldshire to Western Duskwood - sounds like a trip straight south right?
Nope. Goldshire > SW > Westfall THEN Western Duskwood. Quicker to run.

But it does disassociate people with the land below.
The land is already empty enough with everyone leveling via LFG or Battlegrounds.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:14 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:44 pm

I can't honestly say I was associated with the land even before flying mounts...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3514
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:13 am

masterpoobaa wrote:
Levantine wrote:And you get to do it in style


And without some of the Bizarre routes it takes:
ie Goldshire to Western Duskwood - sounds like a trip straight south right?
Nope. Goldshire > SW > Westfall THEN Western Duskwood. Quicker to run.

Extra flight paths added in Cataclysm are horrible. They didn't hook them up to the network properly, just to the nearby ones. See Wetlands, for example, where there's a chain of 4-5 flight paths that you can only connect to from either end, which sometimes means you get connected via Loch Modan if you're missing part of the chain.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby rodos » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:32 am

I'd never want to give up flying mounts at max level -- it's just far too convenient when you want to Get Stuff Done (dailies and such). If you manage to grab a 1/2 - 1 hour play window some time in your day, spending 10 minutes getting somewhere is very frustrating.

I think immediate flight in Cata was a mistake. There was a lack of immersion, and risk-free gathering in Uldum by fresh 80s was a broken design (though undoubtedly a nice one to exploit).
User avatar
rodos
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:20 pm

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby bldavis » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:46 am

rodos wrote:I'd never want to give up flying mounts at max level -- it's just far too convenient when you want to Get Stuff Done (dailies and such). If you manage to grab a 1/2 - 1 hour play window some time in your day, spending 10 minutes getting somewhere is very frustrating.

I think immediate flight in Cata was a mistake. There was a lack of immersion, and risk-free gathering in Uldum by fresh 80s was a broken design (though undoubtedly a nice one to exploit).

it was a titan structure to begin with, why not a force field around it that requires a transponder or something to pass through?
it would fit with all the other BS reasons they have for stupid mechanics
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:03 am

KysenMurrin wrote:
masterpoobaa wrote:
Levantine wrote:And you get to do it in style


And without some of the Bizarre routes it takes:
ie Goldshire to Western Duskwood - sounds like a trip straight south right?
Nope. Goldshire > SW > Westfall THEN Western Duskwood. Quicker to run.

Extra flight paths added in Cataclysm are horrible. They didn't hook them up to the network properly, just to the nearby ones. See Wetlands, for example, where there's a chain of 4-5 flight paths that you can only connect to from either end, which sometimes means you get connected via Loch Modan if you're missing part of the chain.

Not to mention that there are just way too many of them now. When that flightmaster map pops up I always cringe when it lights up with like 4 flight points per zone.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8400
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby bldavis » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:20 am

i remember leveling my first pally and getting the intro to FP quests and having to run from westfall to redridge cause i hadnt discovered that one yet, hearthing back to goldshire because i forgot to pick up the westfall point, and running back

now they just get on a FP at goldshire to fly to SW.....
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Jarvick » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:25 pm

bldavis wrote:i remember leveling my first pally and getting the intro to FP quests and having to run from westfall to redridge cause i hadnt discovered that one yet, hearthing back to goldshire because i forgot to pick up the westfall point, and running back

now they just get on a FP at goldshire to fly to SW.....


Tell me about it. FP's use to be spottie, now it seems like ever 45-50 feet there is one.
Jarvick
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:01 am
Location: Winterhoof

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:47 pm

You also automatically obtain them as you reach the level for a particular zone, instead of having to run to them for the first time.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3514
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:51 pm

I saw that... at level 44 my Priest had to ride to WPL to get the FP. Soon as she dingged 45 presto - all the other WPL FP's show up.

Handy, but yet another thing that kills the exploration/immersion IMHO.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:14 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Zobel » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:39 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:
the world use to feel big, but now very small.


And with my main: Crusader Aura + 310% speed mount = flying direct on my sparklepony is always faster than using the flightpaths.

Of course, they're removing crusader aura in MoP.
User avatar
Zobel
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:31 pm

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby bldavis » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:16 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:I saw that... at level 44 my Priest had to ride to WPL to get the FP. Soon as she dingged 45 presto - all the other WPL FP's show up.

Handy, but yet another thing that kills the exploration/immersion IMHO.

esp for someone like me who had most of northrend explored at 75
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:25 pm

Of course, they're removing crusader aura in MoP.


*sadpanda*
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:14 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:38 pm

Zobel wrote:Of course, they're removing crusader aura in MoP.

Wasn't there a discussion in one of these threads that said it's being built into baseline paladin stuff and called "Heart of the Crusader"?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3514
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:00 am

That's correct, it's still in.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:08 am

Though I'm still going to miss the random QQ about Crusader Aura in LFR.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8596
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Fetzie » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:20 am

Worldie wrote:Though I'm still going to miss the random QQ about Crusader Aura in LFR.


Especially when you have 6 paladins and have every aura anyway :)
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2020
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:39 am

It's like the people who demand Might when they have an Enh Shaman, a MM Hunter, and a Blood DK.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Fetzie » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:59 am

To be fair, you might run out of range of the shaman, hunter or dk, or they may die. In both cases, you would lose the AP buff immediately. If you had BoM on the other hand, you would keep the buff even if you are more than (is it 40 yards?) away from the player, which can happen very easily, or if the paladin casting BoM dies.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2020
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:04 am

The aura from enha/mm/dk is 100 yd, difficult to run out of range.

Also, Might also gives MP5, which is why it's preferable to the auras.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8596
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:29 am

Yeah, but it's rarely the casters asking for it.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Fetzie » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:40 am

Worldie wrote:The aura from enha/mm/dk is 100 yd, difficult to run out of range.

Also, Might also gives MP5, which is why it's preferable to the auras.


Warlock Felhunters give mp5 aura.

However, I wouldn't trust most people in LFR to fasten up Velcro shoes, let alone not die during a fight.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2020
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:36 am

99% of the warlocks run with the lolguard (not realizing it's nerfing their dps)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8596
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Shoju » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:40 am

Worldie wrote:99% of the warlocks run with the lolguard (not realizing it's nerfing their dps)



When I realized the felguard was not the top dps pet for single target demo, I stopped playing demo. But then, as I found out, I was a pretty fail warlock anyway.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5064
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Fetzie » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:50 am

Shoju wrote:
Worldie wrote:99% of the warlocks run with the lolguard (not realizing it's nerfing their dps)



When I realized the felguard was not the top dps pet for single target demo, I stopped playing demo. But then, as I found out, I was a pretty fail warlock anyway.


I either play affliction, or no warlock at all. If I wanted to throw fireballs, I would level a fire mage.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2020
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest